PDA

View Full Version : You'll shoot your eye out!

Harm
03-30-2013, 08:53 PM
I've been playing MMO's for over a decade and have seen many a game rise and fall, when I first saw this game advertised it raised an eyebrow not just because it was a post-apocalyptic style MMO, or because it was a shooter, or even because it was tied to a tv show.

I was intrigued because the combination of these things to me equaled WIN. Here is a short list of why I think this game has the potential for a long life.

The fact that you can choose which platform you want to play on.
It's tied to a tv show, which means a depth, content, and a progressive storyline.
Customization, no one wants to be standing next to three other people wearing the same gear and using the same "exact" weapon.
Personal vehicles, AND passenger vehicles, always nice to see this in an MMO.
Walking, talking NPC's as opposed to the ones that stand in the same place all day spitting out blocks of text.
Creative ways of doing basic MMO activities, enemy roadblocks, mini-games, public quests (Arkfalls), crafting (modding), did I mention my character can swim?!

Yeah I have high hopes for Defiance, Trion I wish you are great launch and look forward to introducing a DEV or three to my modded shotgun.:)

DrakeSoulless
03-30-2013, 08:56 PM
What does this have to do with a Red Ryder BB gun?

Quipwicked
03-30-2013, 11:05 PM
What does this have to do with a Red Ryder BB gun?

I assume its a metaphor. Think about it real hard like.

Demoniku22
03-31-2013, 01:44 AM
The only problem I see is with #3. I don't know if in the full game the customization will be more in depth. but from what I gather is you get outfits as a whole. If that is the case character customization is gonna kinda blow, because will will be standing next to 3 people wearing the same gear as you just maybe a different headpiece. I don't really know so we'll just have to wait and see.

gabrielzero
03-31-2013, 02:44 PM
I agree.

I wish everyone at Trion the best of luck.

I have been waiting a long time for a game like this to come to the X-Box.

Last Outlaw04
03-31-2013, 03:11 PM
Ahem to that there has been a window open for too long for a game of this style to come out and only others ones I played on the 360 was PSO and Happy Wars so now that this is coming out my summer game time should be good.

Necis Anima
03-31-2013, 03:36 PM
I assume its a metaphor. Think about it real hard like.

Not sure I get the meta eather. Mayhap not over reaching, or high hope let down?

On topic.For the first of its kind I think it will do ok, and just as Ive been in line for this Ill be in line for defiance 2