PDA

View Full Version : Question about inventories

defiant
08-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Simple. How do you look at someone's inventory?
If you don't have an answer, or believe the answer is "you can't" than its best you probably don't reply as I have anecdotal proof lol. Maybe I live under a rock and this is some hidden function I haven't found or there is some degree of modding I haven't explored "I never have in my young adult lifetime once for literally any reason touched anything relative to Modding." So I am a fish out of water in that territory in nearly all aspects;..... SO a player sent me a message asking for an ideal price on a weapon that I Did not have equipped in Any load-out. I proceeded to ask him how he saw it, and got a witty retort, any how its much too lazy a day for my dna and I won't be deducing any conclusions any time soon so I came to the forums. :-P

I don't dislike being able to see player inventories, at all. maybe I'm ruining some exploit for the hardcore but I must know at this point. lol

MaxSterling
08-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Were you scrolling through your weapons while in the loadout screen? Kids stalk the crap out of each other.

Arsenic_Touch
08-12-2013, 11:52 AM
type /inspect and their character name or account.
This will only show the names of the weapons and shields and grenades, and the outfit, as well as the title equipped, however you cannot see the stats on the items.

edit: Oh, this is xbox, dunno how it works on there.

defiant
08-12-2013, 12:06 PM
It happened when I jumped back on defiance after going for a five minute walk, I was parked at Overpass and may have left the start menu up but no scrolling since I wasn't playing for the time being. I resumed, drove away and received a message regarding the weapon, No way of telling how in depth his search was regarding stats etc although I had my suspicions as the particular gun was heavily modded and frankly I wasn't surprised he wanted it, one of the Only blue weapons iv'e deemed worth keeping.

SevenSages
08-12-2013, 12:22 PM
i beleive if you open up the quick menu and look under "nearby" you will see a list of players and you just select the one you wish to see and it will pull up options to interact with them.

Ssdmiddleman
08-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Just scroll over their name with the nearby bar or friend bar if they're your friend, then hit inspect player. You can't view their actual inventory just the things they have equipped.

defiant
08-12-2013, 04:32 PM
bump lol
I may have been on the Character section of the start menu, idk if that means anything.
He Knew What Was in My Inventory. He requested I name a price on a weapon I hadn't equipped in any load out for months. He had had a pretty common looking gt,.. there's the possibility he chanced saying a random gun that I Happened to have specifically One of well modded in my Inventory.."lol?"
Or that he has a pristine memory and remembered playing with me some month(s) plus prior and inspected me Than or heard/physically identified my gun, and made a point of mentioning it some time later when he saw my dormant character chilling by a vendor.
Or he Loves carbines* and asks every player what they are willing to sell it for any chance he gets, in any case its a worthy pursuit if its true, whether its an honest method or not I'm curious.

Ill let the thread die in good time,

PitBull76
08-13-2013, 07:38 AM
This is an interesting question to which I sadly have no answer to. Using the inspect option will only show what the character currently has equiped in the loadout they are using and should not give you access to their inventory. My only guess would be that person has a mod which allows them to see more than they should but I can't be certain.

It would be nice to have some dev input into this topic if possible.

defiant
08-13-2013, 12:04 PM
yep I agree Pitbull, I still have the messages from the player, He Responded with "Magic" when I asked how he saw it. I haven't made any further efforts to contact him..I guess I should but I was hoping to stir something up on the forums Like you're implying just in case there's something to it. No harm no foul..just fishy long story short.

A s0t
08-13-2013, 01:22 PM
type /inspect and their character name or account.
This will only show the names of the weapons and shields and grenades, and the outfit, as well as the title equipped, however you cannot see the stats on the items.

edit: Oh, this is xbox, dunno how it works on there.

right on dpad area the persons name/gamertag inspect