PDA

View Full Version : Shift Your Perspective

Evolution
08-12-2013, 11:33 AM
My sincere apologies for the eye rot. I didn't intend this to be so "wordy" when I started.

[Below is my Opinion. Don't take it personally.]

Instead of looking at this as a problem to be solved, Think of it as an opportunity.

There are allot of angry people out there, You know that, I know that, they know that. However, instead of focusing on the anger part, try to focus on the fact that they are still here, which provides you an opportunity. You have a chance to draw at least some of them back. Show them a reason to continue to care about the game. Give them hope for the future. Many things have happened over the last few weeks, which has left many people uncertain, they need to believe that everything is going to get better before they continue to invest their time.

Clearly there are some people that will never be satisfied, that can not be helped, but you can take some solace in that their vitriol is both obvious and intentional; any reasonable person can see that. But the way you approach an issue has significant impact on the end result. If you view it as a problem, that perspective will be reflected in your words and actions; which has the potential to fan the flames instead of squelching them. Unfortunately, while it may not be what you signed up for, community relations is politics. When you simply respond in random threads, with random answers, your letting the anger control the conversation.

What you really need, is a fully moderated on going discussion thread, under the stickies, highlighted in some inviting color like bright green or yellow (something that draws attention). A place where the Code of Conduct is enforced relentlessly; giving you a chance to keep the conversation civil and focused. The main page should be updated regularly with new information as you receive it, along with posts notifying people of updates. That way people can subscribe to the thread without worry of a force lock. When it becomes too full, redirect it, lock it, archive it, and begin a new one; continuing where you left off.

When people start a new thread directly talking about the current discussion, don't just lock it, direct them to the appropriate forum/thread for that topic, then lock it. Telling them not to start new threads; without directing them to the appropriate ones; will just end up making them more irritable, and I doubt that is your intention. Polite wording is no substitute for honest sincerity.

Assign each team member a system, and have each of them play the game on their respective systems for an hour each day. That way, when you guys are talking to the players, your not only familiar with the mechanics, missions, and subtle nuances of game play, your also familiar with their trials and tribulations. Don't just talk to your community, become part of it.

Shift Your Perspective.

Heinzlee
08-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Totally agree with the spirit of this post.

Though I personally felt the post lost a lot of power with the paragraph starting with; "What you need..."
Mainly because of the choice of words - which is pretty ironic considering what the post is about.
Though the idea behind that phrase is pretty good.

Also, just a general thing in reply to posts asking others to shift perspectives...
And with the view that this post seems mostly directed at the forum moderators;
Before asking them / Trion to adjust their perspective, has anyone tried adjusting their own?

I support the stance of the OP.

But I also get antsy when people ask others to shift their perspective without having tried / done it themselves.
Not suggesting that OP hasn't - it's just a personal sore point and conditioned reaction.

Dark Raven80
08-12-2013, 09:33 PM
<---on the way out, been angry for far too long at try'n. I shifted perspective about two weeks after launch. I was just about to take it back to Gamestop when hard-core mmo players said give it a month. Then my perspective shifted again with the uber-failed 1.06 patch that caused my xbox to constantly freeze up... Then a plethora of patches that fixed one minor problem while creating two major ones later my perspective shifted again to stop playing and wait a month... Just came back today and logged in only to get lag booted so now I'm done with try'n, called xbox live support and got a refund on the season pass, the game if it worth more than $2 trade in will go to Gamestop and if not it will be burnt so I can chant "fire, fire" (whilst giggling like beavis)... Btw, that show had better story content than this trash game...

Gomly
08-13-2013, 04:08 AM
that caused my xbox to constantly freeze up

Is it just me or are people trying to make this really easy for me?

The Master Race salutes you.

On Topic.....

Pretty sure the OP asked Trion to shift focus in the entirely wrong direction.

They know we're still here .... All this increase in forum activity from them, that's just "damage control".

I don't care if they focus on the forums, the brand new coffee machine in their office or that one of them likes to steak through the office on a Friday afternoon (disclaimer - I don't actually know if anyone streaks through the office on a Friday afternoon that is pure speculation).

All i'm interested in them shifting their focus too is the game.

ralisti
08-13-2013, 04:49 AM
Is it just me or are people trying to make this really easy for me?

On Topic.....

Pretty sure the OP asked Trion to shift focus in the entirely wrong direction.

They know we're still here .... All this increase in forum activity from them, that's just "damage control".

I don't care if they focus on the forums, the brand new coffee machine in their office or that one of them likes to steak through the office on a Friday afternoon (disclaimer - I don't actually know if anyone streaks through the office on a Friday afternoon that is pure speculation).

All i'm interested in them shifting their focus too is the game.

I have to agree. Personally, I do not care what Trion has to say on the forums as the vast majority is just non-committal fluff trying to make people warm and fuzzy, and to create the illusion that Trion is interested in the thread. Of course they may be, but their track record says otherwise.

I am to the point that Trion can say whatever they want, because I will not believe it any more. Trion has, for the last 4 months, played the carrot and stick approach, being non-committal to about everything, and the things they do commit to they end up walking it back and trying to get out of it. Trion words are falling on my deaf ears because Trion can only fool me so many times before I am totally distrustful, and they passed that a long time ago.

I refuse to spend one more dime for anything from Trion, and will actively try to get others to not spend any money with the company either. They want my money, they are going to have to actively earn it by fixing their broken debacle of a game, and figuring a way to appease me for months of deception.

Indra Echo
08-13-2013, 06:21 AM
<---on the way out, been angry for far too long at try'n. I shifted perspective about two weeks after launch. I was just about to take it back to Gamestop when hard-core mmo players said give it a month. Then my perspective shifted again with the uber-failed 1.06 patch that caused my xbox to constantly freeze up... Then a plethora of patches that fixed one minor problem while creating two major ones later my perspective shifted again to stop playing and wait a month... Just came back today and logged in only to get lag booted so now I'm done with try'n, called xbox live support and got a refund on the season pass, the game if it worth more than $2 trade in will go to Gamestop and if not it will be burnt so I can chant "fire, fire" (whilst giggling like beavis)... Btw, that show had better story content than this trash game...

Well fun thing to note. Your experience is yours alone. Perhaps others have had the same, but I have not. I have the game for the xbox and the ps3 and have at least 1000 hours of actual playtime.

I'm thinking that sometimes there are specific problems with a person's system that makes it less able to play well with the game. A swapped out harddrive, an old and well-used harddrive that may need maintenance, problems with an online connection (you may not have any issues with other games but one game might have problems with your specific connection and what's using it at the time), too many things using the resources of your console, and so on.

The thing is not everyone is having the same issues as you, so that indicates that you and those like you are having problems more specific to your own setup.

On PCs, harddrives can need defragging and software might need a clean install. It's important when loading software that is heavy on resource use to NOT have things running in the background. The same is true for consoles and like it or not are even more critical, since consoles are now right at the limits with their ram and processing power being stretched to the breaking point. But then I have games, offline ones that have played far worse than this one has.

It's important to clear the cache on the console, and for any game to quit every once in awhile and restart sometimes just the game and sometimes the whole console-to clear the memory. And sometimes it's important to cool down the console as well-they get very hot inside and this fracks up processing and memory handling.

For connections, it's very likely that at times the online connection speed drops below optimum range. This might not be a problem in other games because there might just be some lag, but in a game like this that might have very little room to maneuver considering how many people might be on the server and resource use, your connection speed might be dropping too low and you get booted. If you have DSL (other types of connection maybe prone to this as well) the problem can be your actual physical distance from your provider. If you are on the outer edges of service then you may have a lot more frequent drops in connection speed.

If you're using wifi then the obvious test solution is to try a wired connection. If you can't then you'd have to make sure nothing else is using the wifi. And you have to check things like UPNP, port forwarding, or even DMZ zones.

But the real truth is also that not every game is something everyone will like. If this game is not for you then it's not for you. And your last sentence is telling. I think you believed this game would be something it was never intended to be. It's not an RPG where story content is more major a factor. It's a shooter. That means less talk, more pew pew.

As to some of your other statements I have no idea what you mean. They fixed one minor problem and created two major ones? They've been fixing things along the way and certainly nothing is perfect. But they've also been trying to assess people's wishes and enacting some of them along the way.

And console freeze ups? Gee, no other game I've played has ever done that. With the possible exception of Black Ops2 (heck BO1, MW 1-3 too), Skyrim, Mass Effect 1-3, Dragon Age: Origins, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Oblivion, Halo (all of them), Assassin's Creed (all of them), Bioshock (all of them), and lots lots more. Freeze ups can be due to programming and bad memory handling OR it can also be machine related. It can be caused by a failing machine, hard drive problems, even a failing or dirty disk drive as well as the game itself.

I'm saying all of this because while it is important to complain about problems, it's necessary to also try and rule out other things or to even contact support to see if it's the game's problem or your system's. I know of some people that have literally gone through 6 or 7 xboxes because they failed and I know of some games that have helped machines to fail.

Indra Echo
08-13-2013, 06:41 AM
I have to agree. Personally, I do not care what Trion has to say on the forums as the vast majority is just non-committal fluff trying to make people warm and fuzzy, and to create the illusion that Trion is interested in the thread. Of course they may be, but their track record says otherwise.

I am to the point that Trion can say whatever they want, because I will not believe it any more. Trion has, for the last 4 months, played the carrot and stick approach, being non-committal to about everything, and the things they do commit to they end up walking it back and trying to get out of it. Trion words are falling on my deaf ears because Trion can only fool me so many times before I am totally distrustful, and they passed that a long time ago.

I refuse to spend one more dime for anything from Trion, and will actively try to get others to not spend any money with the company either. They want my money, they are going to have to actively earn it by fixing their broken debacle of a game, and figuring a way to appease me for months of deception.

What track record? Your experiences? Mine have been far different from yours and I'm not so cynical that I go looking for reasons to hate someone even Trion.

If you don't like this game then why not do something constructive? A lot of people don't share your opinion. And I've not seen any deception. That's BS. Fans are making up stuff just to sound cool and try to make it appear as if Trion is the devil himself.

Did Trion do everything right or everything they could do? Surely not. But are they guilty of everything from ruining people's lives to shooting their puppies? No.

They released a video game. They offered a season pass for future DLC that people ASSUMED meant would be released along with the tv show. Funny when Black Ops 2 and Bioshock Infinite have no TV show and also have Season Passes for DLC. The game has had problems, but nothing NOTHING far greater than most every game released within the last 2 years has had (or even further back). And they have created many ways for us to contact them to try and get problems taken care of.

Fun fact, I've heard a lot of people crapping on them for things and explained to people how to contact them for a fix, and these people had never even tried to contact them. Some of these people had their problems fixed ON THE SPOT. Get this-people were whining about problems they never even tried to find a solution for and got them fixed right away. Bad bad Trion. I've had issues myself, contacted them using the appropriate channels and gotten the issues fixed. Other problems were my specific issues that had to do with my internet connection and my machine.

Make no mistake-I'm not in love with Trion nor any game dev. They're businesses and supply a luxury item-something I don't need but might want. When they make mistakes, I tell them about them. If they do things I don't like and I don't like their product, I move on. I bought a game. I spent $60. I never had to spend any more money on it to play it. If I did spend more then that was my option. I can continue to play it and never spend any more money on it even for DLC. I wasn't pressured into buying something I didn't want and not forced to buy a Season Pass. I never thought DLC would be cranked out right away and would have been mad probably if it had been. I'd rather we get DLC that includes things we've wished for and asked for that we could only request because we played the game than to get just things the devs decided to give us.

But people here want someone to hate. That's the conclusion I've come to. Their lives are so horrid that they need this. Trion's convenient because why hate Activision or Bungee or Bethesda when all along they've done far worse than Trion-no one wants to hate a company that makes Halo or CoD and will be making the best game ever in the history of gaming-Destiny. Everyone's so certain that's going to be amazingly awesome and wonderful and it's being made by companies that have done the very things people are accusing Trion of. People have made this personal-as if Trion just wants to screw up their lives. Don't like the game, that's one thing and I can't fathom why you're still here.

The game is not broken. I have no idea what game you've been playing but encourage you to look at your own system - it might have problems.

Dark Raven80
08-13-2013, 07:14 AM
At launch they boasted 5 dlc packs with in one year of release and did so again at e3...

Maitreakow
08-13-2013, 07:30 AM
At launch they boasted 5 dlc packs with in one year of release and did so again at e3...

Legal disclaimer says 2013-2014 so technically they have until Dec 2014. That tidbit aside, has it been one year from release yet?

Dark Raven80
08-13-2013, 07:33 AM
Legal disclaimer says 2013-2014 so technically they have until Dec 2014. That tidbit aside, has it been one year from release yet?

Not a year yet, they probably deleted any posts about it from the main game page and from forums... Gotta hide those failures...

Maitreakow
08-13-2013, 07:38 AM
Not a year yet, they probably deleted any posts about it from the main game page and from forums... Gotta hide those failures...

My statement about 2013-2014 is based on what you actually agree to when you buy the Season Pass, not any posts. I do seem to recall "within the first year of release" appearing in quite a few places. Not sure if it was someone from Trion, or player assumptions.

ralisti
08-13-2013, 09:18 AM
And I've not seen any deception. That's BS. Fans are making up stuff just to sound cool and try to make it appear as if Trion is the devil himself.

You lost ALL credibility with this statement. The boards are FULL of statements made by Trion which have never manifested, were later touted as miscommunicated, or even blatantly walked back as incorrect.

Not to go into details, but just ONE of the issues was the turret on the truck issue. It can be spun however you want to spin it, but it was deception, and everyone at Trion suddenly never knowing was was said even though there was tons of posts at the time about it was deception also.

I can understand that you are a white knight. The majority of post that almost always defend Trion show that. But you can not deny that Trion has been playing the deception game.

Rasczak
08-13-2013, 01:21 PM
You lost ALL credibility with this statement. The boards are FULL of statements made by Trion which have never manifested, were later touted as miscommunicated, or even blatantly walked back as incorrect.

Not to go into details, but just ONE of the issues was the turret on the truck issue. It can be spun however you want to spin it, but it was deception, and everyone at Trion suddenly never knowing was was said even though there was tons of posts at the time about it was deception also.

I can understand that you are a white knight. The majority of post that almost always defend Trion show that. But you can not deny that Trion has been playing the deception game.

In fact, the White Knights will deny it and defend it, even in the face of evidence and logic. Hey, it's happened in every MMO. I watched it happen in DCUO and SWTOR in the first 6 months of launch, as well as with STO, CO, WAR, AoC, and so forth.

'Nuff said.

A s0t
08-13-2013, 01:26 PM

what? i can't hear you over the Windows 8 sucks crowd, and the viruses

Gomly
08-13-2013, 01:42 PM
what? i can't hear you over the Windows 8 sucks crowd, and the viruses

Good job I don't use Windows 8 then aint it?

Now if you'll speak a bit louder so I can hear you over my SLI GTX 690's that would be great.

A s0t
08-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Good job I don't use Windows 8 then aint it?

Now if you'll speak a bit louder so I can hear you over my SLI GTX 690's that would be great.
what your cooling fans messing up? lol

Gomly
08-13-2013, 01:44 PM
what your cooling fans messing up? lol

Okay you win, that made me laugh.

dahanese
08-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Evolution -

I agree and disagree on this. I think jumping into the conversation makes sense. I think trying to rule with an iron fist is wrong. And I think that having our Questions Answered thread is a good way to continue conversation while funneling as many answers to you guys as possible.

In short: Perspective is already shifted, so I'm glad you and I see eye-to-eye on that. It will take time to see the full effects of it. I am also quite sure that you will not like everything that is changed, but sometimes you'll think I'm brilliant (I hope) - but I won't ask for your patience or understanding. I'll just let you know that it's our goal to move forward and do better and that's what my eye's on.

Sanguinesun
08-13-2013, 03:10 PM

Actually the original claim was 5 by the end of the year when they launched the game. The story on it has changed multiple times so I've taken it with an ocean of salt.

They've been a long time apologist who purposely ignores much of that. They know better but simply choose otherwise.

Rasczak
08-13-2013, 06:37 PM
eh. Never mind.

MacDeath
08-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Actually the original claim was 5 by the end of the year when they launched the game. The story on it has changed multiple times so I've taken it with an ocean of salt.

They've been a long time apologist purposely ignores much of that. They know better but simply choose otherwise.
Actually, the original claim was 5 DLC packs within the year. Like much of the Trion communication of those early days, they never told us what 'within the year meant, so some people took it to mean before the end of the calendar year, others read it as within a year of the game's launch. And the miscommunication hasn't stopped... We were told that the 'truck of doom' had a turret and most of us assumed there would be a weapon mounted on that turret. Well, I have a Raptor on Alpha and it DOES have a turret, a turret without a weapon mounted and that we can NOT even shoot our own hand held weapons from.

There has been a never ending stream of miscommunication. Now, dahanese has vowed to correct this. I hope she can pull it off. and I'm willing to wait a few weeks to see.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Actually, the original claim was 5 DLC packs within the year. Like much of the Trion communication of those early days, they never told us what 'within the year meant, so some people took it to mean before the end of the calendar year, others read it as within a year of the game's launch. And the miscommunication hasn't stopped... We were told that the 'truck of doom' had a turret and most of us assumed there would be a weapon mounted on that turret. Well, I have a Raptor on Alpha and it DOES have a turret, a turret without a weapon mounted and that we can NOT even shoot our own hand held weapons from.

There has been a never ending stream of miscommunication. Now, dahanese has vowed to correct this. I hope she can pull it off. and I'm willing to wait a few weeks to see.

During a few videos lately it has been mentioned the dlc's would be out by start of season 2. Will try to find where I heard it.

Sanguinesun
08-13-2013, 11:16 PM

Key to the red part is that most people in most context consider that to be 2013. There was considerable effort to try to then twist the ambiguity of that(I seem to remember some nut player even tried to say "Tax year" at one point some where, though they may have been sarcastic about it.)

They changed it, there's no mistaking that. I'd not be surprised if it changes again. To me the delays or changes in those contexts were only half the issue.

The other half to me is/was more critically telling: the lengths to which every manner of official dialog, over the last 4 months, has been retroactively changed in its continuity. It reflects something more fundamentally problematic than "mistakes".

Rasczak
08-13-2013, 11:46 PM
Key to the red part is that most people in most context consider that to be 2013. There was considerable effort to try to then twist the ambiguity of that(I seem to remember some nut player even tried to say "Tax year" at one point some where, though they may have been sarcastic about it.)

They changed it, there's no mistaking that. I'd not be surprised if it changes again. To me the delays or changes in those contexts were only half the issue.

The other half to me is/was more critically telling: the lengths to which every manner of official dialog, over the last 4 months, has been retroactively changed in its continuity. It reflects something more fundamentally problematic than "mistakes".

Layoffs, change in game leadership, their flagship title going F2P from a subscription-only model, change in corporate leadership, closing of a facility and a shifting of its resources---- and all within a few months. I agree, there are currently some fundamental problems at Trion Worlds.

MacDeath
08-14-2013, 12:06 AM

Well, yes it does. It shows a company that deliberately choose words that the player base would assume meant some thing good when the facts were less good. To some extent, in America, it's assumed that most marketing, advertising, and PR is somewhat misleading. The Defiance team, IMO, went too far over the line.

Now Trion has new upper management, and Defiance has a new EP. Hopefully things will change.

Rasczak
08-14-2013, 12:07 AM
Well, yes it does. It shows a company that deliberately choose words that the player base would assume meant some thing good when the facts were less good. To some extent, in America, it's assumed that most marketing, advertising, and PR is somewhat misleading. The Defiance team, IMO, went to far over the line.

I would say that they have most definitely skirted a line that (rightly so) is now biting them in the arse.

Gomly
08-14-2013, 02:57 AM
To some extent, in America, it's assumed that most PR is somewhat misleading.

In the UK, PR is viewed as complete bulls balls.

If a company can't say what it actually means then it says nothing worth listening to.

On a personal note I really hate PR talk. I find it insulting to a persons intelligence that they think people will actually swallow that whale *****.

MacDeath
08-14-2013, 05:42 AM
In the UK, PR is viewed as complete bulls balls.

If a company can't say what it actually means then it says nothing worth listening to.

On a personal note I really hate PR talk. I find it insulting to a persons intelligence that they think people will actually swallow that whale *****.
IMO, on the average, people aren't very smart. Of course, some are smarter than the average and some are not. Companies continue to use PR talk because it often works. Sometimes it doesn't and then the perps are all surprised that they were caught this one time.

Evolution
08-14-2013, 07:09 AM
Totally agree with the spirit of this post.

Though I personally felt the post lost a lot of power with the paragraph starting with; "What you need..."
Mainly because of the choice of words - which is pretty ironic considering what the post is about.
Though the idea behind that phrase is pretty good.

... Before asking them / Trion to adjust their perspective, has anyone tried adjusting their own?

Your absolutely right, instead of "What you really need..." the post would have been better served had I wrote "What I think you really need...". However, I believe the essence of what I was trying to communicate is still preserved in the body of its wordy goodness. :o

While it's easy to say, and nearly impossible to prove, I try to shift my perspective as often as possible (though not always successfully). I feel it allows me to more effectively communicate with people, and helps me to consider different approaches and alternate solutions to problems by broadening my understanding of different situations.

Think of it like this, if it didn't work, people wouldn't do it. While you might find it insulting, it's effectiveness has been proven throughout history. It's the words you choose and how you deliver them that determines if you rally the soldiers; or enrage the mob. Think of how people react when you say the wrong thing; about the wrong "Team"; in the wrong place. If you can find the right words, you can put aside your differences, go grab a pint, and laugh about what "almost" happened; or you can light the fuse and watch the situation explode into a brawl. Understanding how that works can be a mighty tool for managing a situation.

Evolution -

I agree and disagree on this. I think jumping into the conversation makes sense. I think trying to rule with an iron fist is wrong. And I think that having our Questions Answered thread is a good way to continue conversation while funneling as many answers to you guys as possible.

In short: Perspective is already shifted, so I'm glad you and I see eye-to-eye on that. It will take time to see the full effects of it. I am also quite sure that you will not like everything that is changed, but sometimes you'll think I'm brilliant (I hope) - but I won't ask for your patience or understanding. I'll just let you know that it's our goal to move forward and do better and that's what my eye's on.

1st, I would like to say thank you for responding to my post, though it was unnecessary, I appreciate you taking the time to read what I had to say. Even if you didn't agree with my suggestions. While I may have come off as a pushy salesmen, my intention was only to provide some ideas for dealing with the anarchy on the forums. I admit though, I was frustrated at the time of writing that post and some of that frustration may have "leaked out" in the process. :p

I honestly want to believe you when you say your "Perspective is already shifted", and I would like to take you at your word. So I guess we'll see. Personally, I'm willing to give you a chance to prove your sincerity. I'm aware nothing can happen overnight, and I admit, I like your attempts at trying to regain order on the forums. Centralizing the suggestion discussion and cataloging the answers you have already received is a great start as far the forums are concerned.

Sometime people forget that Forums allow people to express thoughts that can't truly be communicated when limited to a few lines. It also allows people to remain private while communicating their thoughts & ideas. That reality isn't as appreciated as it once was, but for some people, it's the only way they'll have a chance to communicate with the Defiance Team. So on their behalf, thank you for trying to make the forums a more user friendly experience. ;)

With that in mind, I have one more suggestion in regards to the forums. Remember, it's just a suggestion. Instead of locking threads and letting them slowly leak to the end of the forum, why not create a sub folder called something like "Locked Threads"? Then just move them there after you lock them. That way, active discussions aren't berried under a sea of locks.

Just something to consider. :cool:

P.S.
Choosing to not use your Tekken is commendable, just remember that there is a halfway point between "Iron Fist" and "Door Mat". You don't have to choose between the two.

Rasczak
08-14-2013, 11:54 AM
IMO, on the average, people aren't very smart. Of course, some are smarter than the average and some are not. Companies continue to use PR talk because it often works. Sometimes it doesn't and then the perps are all surprised that they were caught this one time.

As much as I hate to admit this about myself and my company, we also do the PR talk. Granted, I've yet to have the balls to skirt as far over the line as Trion Worlds has with Defiance (we've yet to ever destroy our customers' trust in, and support of, us in the 9 years we've been in business), but all of us companies PR talk, pimp, and carefully highlight (read: manipulate consumer focus toward) aspects of our products.

Back in college, one of my Marketing courses spent nearly an entire year on consumer psychology, purchasing psychology, and how to manipulate it.

MacDeath
08-14-2013, 12:02 PM
As much as I hate to admit this about myself and my company, we also do the PR talk. Granted, I've yet to have the balls to skirt as far over the line as Trion Worlds has with Defiance (we've yet to ever destroy our customers' trust in, and support of, us in the 9 years we've been in business), but all of us companies PR talk, pimp, and carefully highlight (read: manipulate consumer focus toward) aspects of our products.

Back in college, one of my Marketing courses spent nearly an entire year on consumer psychology, purchasing psychology, and how to manipulate it.
Back in my Marketing days in the Valley, I wrote a RFA (Release for Announcement) document so the sales divisions could announce a new product offering. While it was circulating the Lab for review, I got this feedback from a friend,
'It's a subtle blend of half-truths, innuendos, and out-and-out lies... I LIKE IT!'. High praise coming from THAT guy.

Rasczak
08-14-2013, 12:04 PM
Back in my Marketing days in the Valley, I wrote a RFA (Release for Announcement) document so the sales divisions could announce a new product offering. While it was circulating the Lab for review, I got this feedback from a friend,
'It's a subtle blend of half-truths, innuendos, and out-and-out lies... I LIKE IT!'. High praise coming from THAT guy.

ROFLMAO, amigo.