PDA

View Full Version : Random messages when I first start the game

Logan_Dragonus
08-12-2013, 08:23 PM
For the last week at least, whenever I first start playing, I get several "Contract Complete" messages flashed across the screen. Since I have literally just joined the game, I know I didn't complete any contracts, so I have no idea why I am getting these messages.
Today, however, that all changed. Upon logging in, I still got the "Contract Complete" messages, but before that, I got several "Mission Failed" messages (about 5 of them), even though I had no missions going when I stopped playing yesterday.
Does anyone know what causes this?

Mtn_Magic
08-12-2013, 08:27 PM
its weekly/daily contracts...u can view this under goals

Logan_Dragonus
08-12-2013, 08:47 PM
I know what they are. What I don't know is why those messages appear the second I start playing the game. I know I didn't complete 5 contracts while the game was off.

nathanpbutler
08-12-2013, 09:18 PM
I know what they are. What I don't know is why those messages appear the second I start playing the game. I know I didn't complete 5 contracts while the game was off.

Did you partially complete any of the weekly contracts, but not finish them? If so, then when you first get on after they have expired, you will get the Contract Complete message, along with an amount of rep for that faction that is proportional to how much you did. For instance, if you were to complete half of the new Echelon Weekly Contract that went up today (complete 10 Capture and Hold matches), then next Monday, around 3:05 ET or whenever you sign on after that, you would get a "Contract Complete" notice and the proportional 50% of the rep for that contract (25 rep for Echelon).

Logan_Dragonus
08-12-2013, 09:24 PM
That kinda makes sense, but I get several of those Contract Complete messages every day. Also, any idea why I got several "Mission Failed" messages?

nathanpbutler
08-13-2013, 07:43 PM
The several Contract Completes could come from multiple faction contracts that you ended up partially completing that have since expired. For instance, if you got maybe 3 EGO power kills in Deathmatch today, and then you don't get on again until after the contracts update around 3:05 ET tomorrow, it would give you a Contract Complete message for the partial completion. It would do so for each of the daily contracts (except Paradise, since those are always all or nothing), so up to a possible four messages.

I have gotten the "mission failed" when getting as well. I *think* that some of the contracts are set to say that if not 100% completed, instead of "Contract Complete," but I have no idea what the rationale is (if there even is one) behind which do that, and which just do the normal completion notice. That's just an educated guess, though, as I'm not certain.

Stefanwulfe
08-14-2013, 05:45 AM
Yeah, sometimes you can complete a contract without even knowing it, like if you have to kill 20 skitterlings for a daily. If you do an arkfall, that could count for that contract or if you happen to be in an area where other players are killing skitterlings, just being in close proximity will count for you as well...