PDA

View Full Version : What's The Best Controller

Sonjiah8536
08-13-2013, 06:02 PM
So, I signed up for my account a few months ago and played for only a few hours. i was discouraged by my seeming inability to drive/ navigate very well.
I currently have a WoW gaming mouse. Some of the hits I got when I "googled" best Defiance mouse were Razer Naga and Cyborg R.A.T.
Just appearance wise, they look very similar to what I have, only with more buttons. Would a joystick-type controller work better?
Thanks,
Merlyn

PhonJam
08-13-2013, 06:07 PM
I presume you have a PC. You might do better to post this in the GENERAL - PC forum.

Sonjiah8536
08-13-2013, 06:10 PM
OK, thanks.

Trik
08-13-2013, 07:03 PM
So, I signed up for my account a few months ago and played for only a few hours. i was discouraged by my seeming inability to drive/ navigate very well.
I currently have a WoW gaming mouse. Some of the hits I got when I "googled" best Defiance mouse were Razer Naga and Cyborg R.A.T.
Just appearance wise, they look very similar to what I have, only with more buttons. Would a joystick-type controller work better?
Thanks,
Merlyn

I'm not sure why you're mouse would have much to do with navigating, only thing I can think of is maybe it's really low DPI. I don't know anything about the WoW mouse, but I'd strongly suggest one that has adjustable DPI settings. Logitec makes a really nice mmo-style mouse with numerous buttons. Razer are ok, but it's been my experience that they do not last as long as their competitors before wearing out/something breaks and they tend to be more expensive. I personally use a Mionix Naos, which is pretty nice but somewhat old at this point and only has set DPI points and 5 buttons.

Heinzlee
08-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Thanks,
Merlyn

The steering take a little getting used to but it's not too bad.
Try remapping your boost key to your right mouse button.
Lots of people (myself included) found it much easier to drive after that one simple change.

Wtflag
08-13-2013, 07:51 PM
When driving, the keyboard is a bigger problem. Mouse is not.

crasher
08-13-2013, 08:02 PM
The steering take a little getting used to but it's not too bad.
Try remapping your boost key to your right mouse button.
Lots of people (myself included) found it much easier to drive after that one simple change.
I boost with the LMB and E-brake with the RMB.

But that's just me.

The Logitech G-13 isn't 'bad', but I liked my Saitek Cyborg controller better.

The ergonomics of the G-13 are about 90% for me, that last several percentage points start to drag after a while.

Neither is particularly great for driving an ATV in the speed trials in the game tho.