PDA

View Full Version : A few random topics...

Pragmatic
03-31-2013, 04:15 AM
Hello all

I am new to this forum and wish to immerse myself within the deeper community. First off, although my profile says I live in the UK, I am currently in India on holiday and have been stayig entertained by keepig up to date with defiance via my tablet (my Amazon pre order of the ultimate edition should arrive the day I get home due to the logistics delays).

Probably posting at an awkward time sinc India is 10 hours ahea of the US (as apposed to 5 ahead in the UK). Anyways, my first topic is that I have noticed slight dislike from MMO fans to newcomers, not generalising. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MMOS. But I really want to learn, Defiace takes the shooter element I love and mixes it with the deep storyline I find essential for games (Halo fanboy till death do us apart), so if therr are any UK defiance fans that think they can help (although US welcome too for when I am on later during holidas etc) my GT is; K15HAN117

Now for topic 2. Defiance and Destiny, personally I believe there is no competion or 'make one more popular than he other' situation at hand at all, I am sure both will be entirely different games and I intend on buying both games. Also, let me cear up a misconception about Halo 4 and Bungie.

Microsoft has owned the rights to Halo since Halo CE, because Bungie exchanged it for funding since they were economically screwed. Their contract type situation meant they HAD to make 5 halo games (Halo Wars made by an entirely diff. Studio that MS helped), Bungie wanted to move on and 343i wanted Halo. Bungie gave controll of Halo Reachto 343 after finally escaping Microsofts grasp about 2 years after Reach was launced. 343i had already been working on Halo 4 and Halo CE anniversary long before since both bungie and microsoft had pre planned the split. TLDR; BUNGIE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HALO 4.

Back on topic to Defiance, I am not sure since no video playing sites seem to work for me here, but Defiance show and game seem to be underadvertised to me. Discuss?

Thanks for all the Q&A support and threads which have answered all of my many many queries I had before hand.

- Pragmatic :D

gryste
03-31-2013, 04:20 AM
YouTube not work for you ?

KillAlot V2
03-31-2013, 05:28 AM
YouTube not work for you ?

youtube and things like twitter are acctualy banned in some countrys so he might not have it not sure what indias laws are

Sgt Slee
03-31-2013, 06:36 AM
I seriously don't know why everyone keeps comparing Defiance and Destiny. They are nothing alike from what little footage of Destiny I've seen.

Pragmatic
03-31-2013, 09:35 AM
I am pretty sure that YouTube works in India, it even gives me Indian film trailer suggestions, the videos just do not load. Anyways, if anybody is willing to help with my MMO crisis and/or lives in the UK, please help, haha.