PDA

View Full Version : Just a Question Regarding "MMO"

Temreki
07-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Hey all,

I think I may already know the answer to this, but I was wondering if this game was intended to be an MMO in the sense of say, Halo or CoD, where you get queue'd in various objective-based games. Or if it is expected to be more of an MMORPG, like WoW or Guild Wars, where when you're logged in, you're in the world to do as you please in addition to having the ability to participate in objective-based things.

Either way I'm stoked for Defiance and can't wait to immerse myself in its world!

Thanks =]

Arkamenitas
07-14-2012, 01:27 PM
from what i understand, the latter is the way were goin here

Kalbuir
07-14-2012, 04:04 PM
It's going to be an open world in most cases like in your examples comparable to WoW, Guild Wars. It will not be like you queue up and play a round with x amount of people in a x location. You can travel from location to location run into people while doing so and such.

There are a few exceptions, some things will be instances such as the group area shown at E3, additionally you will be able to go on rampage missions which are solo challenges which you do alone in an area.

Temreki
07-14-2012, 05:16 PM
It's going to be an open world in most cases like in your examples comparable to WoW, Guild Wars. It will not be like you queue up and play a round with x amount of people in a x location. You can travel from location to location run into people while doing so and such.

There are a few exceptions, some things will be instances such as the group area shown at E3, additionally you will be able to go on rampage missions which are solo challenges which you do alone in an area.

Sweet deal, thanks! I'll look on the forums for an answer to this as well, but my last question is: How can I be involved in-, or apply for any beta's (if there will be any?)

Arkamenitas
07-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Sweet deal, thanks! I'll look on the forums for an answer to this as well, but my last question is: How can I be involved in-, or apply for any beta's (if there will be any?)

if it's anythign like past trion games, there will be beta signups and possibly beta key giveaways once they get closer to launch

Kalbuir
07-15-2012, 02:38 AM
Don't worry about Beta just yet, from what I see in interviews they are not there just yet. Knowing TRION though chances are high everyone gets a chance just like people did in RIFT.

dahanese
07-16-2012, 03:07 PM
It will be an MMO in the massive sense - but it's quite different from any MMO you mentioned above - the shooter aspect to it will make it feel very new and unique by comparison.

Aaronjin
07-31-2012, 01:25 PM
thinking itll be like rift, were you can go out in teh game world, grab some quests and que for pvp/events/other stuff while you play and wait for it to pop

Adsinonimous
08-01-2012, 10:47 AM
It will be an MMO in the massive sense - but it's quite different from any MMO you mentioned above - the shooter aspect to it will make it feel very new and unique by comparison.

I can't wait to experience the differences the shooter mechanics will have in an MMO world. I expect it will be more engaging as you feel like you are actually in the battle, controlling every movement of your character and aiming your weapons, rather than clicking hotkeys.

Arkamenitas
08-12-2012, 07:18 PM
defiance dev gods, bless me with a world full of targets and an endless supply of ammunition to blast into them. amen.

Hammo
01-10-2013, 06:58 PM
This is good news, and what I have been looking for. I was sorely disappointed with Planetside 2 since that was only PVP and had no real "Story"or world you could live in. I look forward to having what seems on the surface as a resurrected "Terra Nova" style game! Very exciting times! I think it will be helped and more popular by having a show accompany it, to keep you interested and returning after watching an episode! :)