PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Regions

Maitreakow
08-14-2013, 07:15 AM
In preparation for the DLC downtime, I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on how to go about starting a new toon on the EU server...

AstralLycan
08-14-2013, 03:50 PM
You make a new psn account and put its country to UK then i think you can just link your account to your new uk psn id.

GiantInMaine
08-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Yeah pretty sure you would have to create a whole new character from scratch if that even weighs into your decision.

Magick
08-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Yeah pretty sure you would have to create a whole new character from scratch if that even weighs into your decision.

Thats what TRION said, but there are certain advantages of being on ps3 or use to be.

GiantInMaine
08-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Thats what TRION said, but there are certain advantages of being on ps3 or use to be.

Oh so you don't have to create a new one?

Magick
08-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Oh so you don't have to create a new one?

With most old games , you use to be able to share dlc with 5 ps3's and now its just 2 and then now unknown with trion.So.. if you have that accnt ont that ps3 linked to that region... wahla maybe i dunno lmao we shall see more hax.

Chump Norris
08-14-2013, 07:01 PM
In preparation for the DLC downtime, I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on how to go about starting a new toon on the EU server...

You can find a EU player who wants to play on NA servers. Then each make your own email address give the email to each other (not the password for the email just the email) then you each make a PSN for the other swap PSN info and change the passwords your new PSN accounts.

Or wait a bit because they said they plan to let you pick what servers you play on but no telling how long thats going to take and you will still have to make a new EU character..

Maitreakow
08-19-2013, 06:21 AM
You can find a EU player who wants to play on NA servers. Then each make your own email address give the email to each other (not the password for the email just the email) then you each make a PSN for the other swap PSN info and change the passwords your new PSN accounts.

Or wait a bit because they said they plan to let you pick what servers you play on but no telling how long thats going to take and you will still have to make a new EU character..

Ahh, I thought this had already been introduced and was what I was looking for. Thanks to all who replied.

drackiller
08-19-2013, 06:48 AM

But this is already possible, it always has been.

The thing is, and someone correct me if i`m wrong, you can create a new char and in that process you`ll get to choose in what server you want to play without the need of a different account.

Maitreakow
08-19-2013, 07:10 AM
But this is already possible, it always has been.

The thing is, and someone correct me if i`m wrong, you can create a new char and in that process you`ll get to choose in what server you want to play without the need of a different account.

Nope, I tried that thinking they had already implemented this capability for PS3. I had no opportunity to choose my server.

drackiller
08-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Nope, I tried that thinking they had already implemented this capability for PS3. I had no opportunity to choose my server.

But it`s only after the DLC release tomorrow m8, right !?
We just need to wait one more day to verify that.

Maitreakow
08-19-2013, 07:35 AM
Will be trying after the download, after reading the patch notes.

Peavstar
08-19-2013, 07:45 AM

This option is suppose to come with the new DLC I might be wrong but that was my understanding

Ligeia
08-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Under the "General discussion" section they posted a transcript from Friday Live on Twitch, I was under the impression that we we're going to be granted the ability to start a new character from scratch on our respective foreign server.

My DLC is up and running, I'm on PS3 EU and I've 4 characters already on EU server, but I can't find an option to start a new one on the NA server.

Can somebody clarify this, please? I was really hoping to start playing with my friends from NA. :(

Thank you. :)

cdgfx84
08-22-2013, 11:08 AM
I made an EU account the other day and everything works fine besides getting the dlc still can't d/l gives me same error the NA servers give me. But the real issue is when I go back to the NA servers I have to re-patch the game. For the EU game I do not what is the deal.

Ridiculousss
08-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Hahah really? There is suppose to be server region selection with the new patch, guess they fkd us on that one too.