PDA

View Full Version : Why is the patcher resets the download?

yesiamghost
03-31-2013, 06:34 AM
Good day everyone! I haven't been on lately because I'm out of town. I just wonder why every time I pause the download and exit the patcher, when I want to resume again it resets back to 0? Are there any other ways to download the file?

Molagamur
03-31-2013, 06:47 AM
Can you check your live folder under defiance folder to see what folders u downloaded?

My patcher received an error during the progress of downloading folder "49" after downloaded folder "50"

this is my third attempted downloading the game, currently on folder "50".

Hopefully it goes well this time, 5 hours to go.

This is what i did to start downloading fresh copy

1. https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1165
2. Deleted all the downloaded files. Install fresh defiance patch.
3. Turned off all antivirus.
4. Turned off all firewall include router firewall.
5. Port forwarding 80, 443, 50000, 65000, 40000-41000.
6. Enable DMZ under port forwarding.
7. Run Patcher on Administrator.

I hope this help and i hope my working properly now. 5 hours to go. Cross Finger.

Molagamur
03-31-2013, 06:49 AM
Also, if your patcher received an error and reset. DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR CURRENT PATCHER. Open another one and let it patch.

Avenger
03-31-2013, 06:57 AM
Is the patcher actually starting from scratch or is it just resuming where it left off but still starting the progress bar from zero?

It would be helpful if the patcher showed not just est. completion time and download rate, but how much data it still has to download.

yesiamghost
03-31-2013, 07:07 AM
Can you check your live folder under defiance folder to see what folders u downloaded?

My patcher received an error during the progress of downloading folder "49" after downloaded folder "50"

This is what i did to start downloading fresh copy

1. https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1165
2. Deleted all the downloaded files. Install fresh defiance patch.
3. Turned off all antivirus.
4. Turned off all firewall include router firewall.
5. Port forwarding 80, 443, 50000, 65000, 40000-41000.
6. Enable DMZ under port forwarding.
7. Run Patcher on Administrator.

I hope this help and i hope my working properly now. 5 hours to go. Cross Finger.

Seriously? Three times already? That really sucks. I might do those steps when it happens again.

yesiamghost
03-31-2013, 07:08 AM
Also, if your patcher received an error and reset. DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR CURRENT PATCHER. Open another one and let it patch.

Got it. Thanks for the info. :)

yesiamghost
03-31-2013, 07:09 AM
Is the patcher actually starting from scratch or is it just resuming where it left off but still starting the progress bar from zero?

It would be helpful if the patcher showed not just est. completion time and download rate, but how much data it still has to download.

It just resumes and yes it's starting the progress bar from zero. Is that okay? I haven't encountered any errors so far.

EdgeTW
03-31-2013, 07:11 AM
Mine failed 3 times. About a total of 44 hours wasted. Then I lost pre-download access and can't even try again.

yesiamghost
03-31-2013, 07:30 AM
Mine failed 3 times. About a total of 44 hours wasted. Then I lost pre-download access and can't even try again.

How unfortunate. :( I wish there were ways to download it like via Steam or torrent.

oexto
03-31-2013, 07:39 AM
What has worked for me is this : If you get the error DO NOT CLOSE THE PATCHER! Instead leave it open along with the error box (don't click ok on that either), then run the patcher again (click the defiance icon), and you'll now have what will appear to be 2 patchers running (really only one), the patcher will catch up everything you've already DL'd by checking through it really fast, then continue where it left off before the error. Just let it keep going. Anytime it does this, this is what you do. Eventually you'll get a full download.

i give the credit to someone else who posted this on this forum and another thread.

Rom
03-31-2013, 07:55 AM
The patcher has errored out multiple times for me, and each time it picked up where it left off, except the last time when the patcher went into an infinite loop getting nothing and starting over. I just closed the patcher, rebooted my computer, and started the patcher again. It then did the "fast catchup" where it appeared to be downloading from scratch, but since it was speeding along at an indicated speed of 100Mbps I assumed it was validating what had already been downloaded, and then at the point where it had failed previously (70%) it resumed downloading at the regular speed.

I too wish this would be downloaded from Steam since that is where I purchased it.

Molagamur
03-31-2013, 02:22 PM
Yea surprisingly, error popped at 98% lmao.

What i did i just ignore the old patcher with the error patch and reopen the new patcher.

Work like a champ. Its 99% now 10 mins to go.

yesiamghost
03-31-2013, 08:16 PM
Good for you then. :) I wish I could download it without encountering any problems at all. I got a day to complete the download. +_+

Senel
03-31-2013, 09:18 PM
That sucks. good luck getting it before it launches!

Zadarie
03-31-2013, 11:02 PM

Mine is doing the same thing, lagged out a little while ago so I restarted it. The patcher updated and made a new folder named 51, and is downloading everything all over again (and at .05MB/sec to add insult to injury). I was only a few hundred mb away from it being finished too :(

yesiamghost
04-01-2013, 06:00 AM
Okay this is really getting on my nerves... I already tried the earlier steps but still the same thing. My net speed is good both dl/ul (56mbps/68mbps) but why do I get a rate of 0.04 MB/sec up to 0.13 MB/sec only? It will take days just to finish this download? Plus, it's not even resuming the download, it's restarting! This really sucks big time. :(

SlatoSniper
04-01-2013, 07:42 AM
I think most of the replies to this thread are a waste. The OP is talking about pausing it and then when coming back later and clicking resume it resets not errors. I have had this happen twice and even when leaving the launcher open while I downloaded other things. Putting it simply the Pause button is more like a Cancel. Devs need to get onto this. Its a great game but a ***** to update.

hxEE
04-01-2013, 08:14 AM
I have the same problem as the OP, could someone tell me what files they have in their "download" folder in the Defiance "live" folder please. I have a 50 (10.3Gb) and 51(3.3Gb and counting) folder...
Here goes the second 12 hours of downloading, if this doesn't work, then I'm going to cut myself.

Sex
04-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Latest version is 1.451315 but the defiance folder is still 10.4GB. Hopefully the live version will not be another 5GB of downloading..

hxEE
04-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Just doing a fresh install, and there is no folder "50" now only "51" sop I'm guessing because there was an error with the previous version we've all been forced to download the game for a second time.
I tried interchanging the "bundle_0-50.0" files, taking them from the 50 and putting them into 51, even tried renaming every single bundle to bundle_#-51.0 & bundle_#-51.1 to see if that would work, but nope, nothing.

Golladan
04-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Just doing a fresh install, and there is no folder "50" now only "51" sop I'm guessing because there was an error with the previous version we've all been forced to download the game for a second time.
I tried interchanging the "bundle_0-50.0" files, taking them from the 50 and putting them into 51, even tried renaming every single bundle to bundle_#-51.0 & bundle_#-51.1 to see if that would work, but nope, nothing.

I noticed that too, and actually tried the same thing you did. Same result as you.

So I did another fresh install, and started downloading again. At 0.14MB/s it takes about a day. I can't be a whole day downloading anything. So after about 10 hours and half the game downloaded, I closed to patcher and reopened it hoping to god that it would resume from where it left off (like the beta patcher did!). But nope. There was an "auto update" thing, and it's downloading the whole thing from scratch again.

I noticed also the content of the 51 folder is different now. No more "bundle" stuff.

This is really annoying. I guess I'll see if I can get a refund.

Technodude
04-01-2013, 12:46 PM
This is officially one of the worst launcher i have come across in any MMO. Even a simple pause resets the the entire download. Pause is more like cancel. No wonder some poor chap had 30 gigs of download once he was done.

I don't think i will be able to play this game any time sooner and also thinking about getting a refund.

yesiamghost
04-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Okay guys what I did is like this. I restarted everything. Modem, routers, pc, etc. Waited for a minute or so and turned it all back on again. I didn't open any applications except Defiance Patcher and to my surprise my dl speed normalized from 0.04 to 1 mbps (depends on your net speed). Fortunately, I haven't encountered any errors. I hope this will work for you.