PDA

View Full Version : Starting over...

Tyger
08-14-2013, 06:13 PM
You're tellin' me there's no way to port over existing character data so I can test things as is, instead of having to roll out 4+ hours ingame just to get a decent ego rating to use what I have?

Arsenic_Touch
08-14-2013, 06:26 PM
This was an early build of the alpha client, I assume they did not have all of the capabilities put in, they said they would look into porting or making it so we could power level ourselves. The bright side is you have access to all store purchases, arkfall codes, preorder and deluxe edition items in the claim section of the store.

Tyger
08-14-2013, 06:57 PM
...Better than nothin' I suppose. Thx Arsenic.

Now I gotta run my @ss off and get that 1K ego to test a build with the blade

Muffinman
08-14-2013, 07:06 PM
You're tellin' me there's no way to port over existing character data so I can test things as is, instead of having to roll out 4+ hours ingame just to get a decent ego rating to use what I have?

Considering there is very little power difference between someone with 100 ego, and another with 5000 ego, I don't think its that big of a deal :P

Sliverbaer
08-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Considering there is very little power difference between someone with 100 ego, and another with 5000 ego, I don't think its that big of a deal :P

It would be nice to test perks, hard to dig through and level up lots to test. Also, someone has to grind the story missions to get to San Fran first, to allow others to 'find friend' to them. But, on the other hand, it's good to go through and test those story missions.

Either way, I don't mind.

DeadMike
08-14-2013, 07:30 PM
That is why I posted this: LINK (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?122107-Suggestion-for-the-test-server)

Not worried about getting all my completed pursuits, weapons, items, etc. Just would like a huge boost to be running in all categories so we can have enough scrip, rep, salvage, perk points, etc. to be able to test new content thoroughly. It's not like it would be hard to do. Same as turning on a weekend boost on the live server. Only for a much higher percentage and for all boostable categories.

fang1192
08-14-2013, 08:14 PM
How was leveling up again? Especially with the changes. I am moving over to PS3 because I am selling my 360 to put money on a PS4 preorder.

DeadMike
08-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Not any different than it is now, really. Although the main mission rewards seem to be a bit nicer than I remembering them being the first time. It is a bit easier/faster, but that's only because unlike the first time playing, I actually know what I'm doing now lol

Tekrunner
08-15-2013, 12:43 AM
Volge sieges and arenas give a lot of xp, so I feel like leveling goes a little faster. But yeah, being able to copy characters from live wouldn't suck. Took me a bit of time to get a character with a decent loadout going.

MacDeath
08-15-2013, 02:30 AM
Not at this time. Trion's other game, Rift supports copying from Live to Test, so there may well be hope.

Tyger
08-15-2013, 05:58 AM

The only difference for me is there i'm 1.4 K here i'm currently 30. So now I'll have to go hunt up 970 more points to get the perks opened up in order to test what I wanted to b4 tuesday. I guess the obvious things aren't always the easiest to grasp. :p

NomadPhx
08-15-2013, 06:03 AM
How was leveling up again? Especially with the changes. I am moving over to PS3 because I am selling my 360 to put money on a PS4 preorder.

yeah! screw xbox, big bunch of whining tools lol

Tyger
08-15-2013, 06:13 AM

To be fare I only ran the initial mission that gets your butt thru the tutorial b4 I came here and put the shout out about whether or not I missed a char transfer thinger. SO far nothin' diff that I can remember, but I will be keeping a lookout for them sieges this weekend. Look either way I'm plunkin' down the coin for the DLC, this was just a mini-dashed hope of mine to get in and test out 2 blade builds b4 they went live.

....and to drool over the blades a bit. v.v'

fang1192
08-15-2013, 12:14 PM
yeah! screw xbox, big bunch of whining tools lol

Was really hoping to avoid that.

Thanks everyone for the input. Installing it now.