PDA

View Full Version : Anyone under 17 should be kicked and not allowed to play defiance

deathtrap
08-15-2013, 07:33 AM
So what I've seen is, in this game, a lot of adults playin this game. Particularly retired or active duty military. Also this game being what it is has attracted kids. PARENTS IM SPEAKING 2 YOU, why would you buy a M RATED GAME FOR A 12-15 year old kid. I think trion should lock out everyone who has a birth date before 1996. I would like others opinions on this matter and also would like to keep this thread unlocked and a comment from a few community officials wouldn't be bad eather. In Merchant of Death I do NOT allow ANYONE that is below 17, and are currently accepting applicants

Kyosji
08-15-2013, 07:40 AM
Well, I think your idea is stupid and selfish. If a parent buys them this game, that's their decision, not yours. Honestly, the only reason this game is M rated is because of some language and the fact that it is an online game, and Trion has no real way of blocking everything someone says when a minor is around. Also, there would be no real way to enforce such a restriction in any game, not without a major invasion of the public's privacy, and no company would step in that can of worms.

Also, for your clan, I guess it is, how are you confirming everyone that joins is actually 18 or older? You can't. Not unless you force someone to submit very personal and private information to you, which no one ever will.

OttawaREDBLACKS
08-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Unfortunately the xbox one and the watch you any time kinect are not in user yet because that would be the only way of guaranteeing this even though it is the parents responsibility to monitor their children inside their own house.

Copied from ESRB board which is the Canadian and American standard.

Restricted ratings[edit source | editbeta]
Abbreviation Rating Active since Description Suitable for
Mature 17+ (M) 1994 Games with this rating contain content that may be considered unsuitable for people under 17 years of age and persons under said age may purchase, rent, exhibit or view these games with the supervision of a parent or adult guardian. The content is strong and extreme in impact. Titles in this category may contain more blood and gore than the Teen rating would accommodate, mature humor, more gambling, intense violence, sexual themes or content, nudity, (which are often censored and stronger) and/or use of strong language.[15] 17 and over.
Adults Only 18+ (AO) 1994 Games in this category contain content that is unsuitable for people under 18 years of age, and persons under said age may not buy, rent, exhibit or view these games. The content is extreme in impact. These may include adult video games that show strong sexual themes/content, graphic nudity, use of drugs/alcohol/tobacco, strong language, strong mature humor, real gambling, and/or strong violence, and blood and/or gore than the M rating can accommodate. As of 2006, there have been twenty-one products that have received and kept the rating. The AO rating is the subject of ongoing controversy due to the extreme restrictions it places on game sales. Games from major publishers that receive an AO rating are often "toned down" in order to gain the lesser rating of M. Companies like Microsoft,[16] Sony, and Nintendo[17] all have policies against allowing AO rated games to be licensed on their consoles. Additionally, most major retailers, even those who carry M-rated games, must never sell AO-rated titles in their stores or through their websites. Consequently, most AO-rated games are restricted to the PC and Mac, and sold in limited fashion. 18 and over.

Tyrannos
08-15-2013, 07:52 AM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!