PDA

View Full Version : Mod Hoards Are Terribly Designed: Changes Needed Before Live

Cavadus
08-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Hmmm, buy a mod hoard for 64 keys with no rarity or synergy guarantees or just port over to that weapon's vendor and have every single tier II synergy available for scrip and/or wait for the tier III I'm looking for to go on sale.

Tough decision...

The cost for the hoards is patently absurd when compared to the vendor changes.

Do the following:

Make all mod hoard modifications tier III with synergy;
Make the location of the mod hoard's vendor dictate the weapon type the mods fit into (i.e. if you buy a mod hoard from Iron Demon all mods will fit AR/LMG/SMG); and
Remove whites completely.

When it comes to mods, 64 keys better be get me something. With the current situation I will never, ever, ever purchase a mod hoard. I'd rather play the lottery on T4 lockboxes.

Hell, the cost should probably be halved to 32 keys as well. They're not weapons; just mods. These things should be plentiful and more players should be able to put mod sets together. Right now you either need a huge clan with good mod trade or to post aimlessly on the trade forums or DEFIANCEmods.com (http://www.defiancemods.com).

EDIT: Even the name is lame. "Hoard?" Leave'em as caches IMO.

bigguy
08-15-2013, 09:12 AM
ive been trying to get the community to voice thier opinion on this but everyone doesnt want it but noone will say anything , another person started a thread saying if you want to keep the old mod box read this and the mods deleted it in 2 minutes they say they care how we feel but thats a lie , its obvious this thing sucks but they are tring to keep it for some unknown reason

digetey dank
08-15-2013, 09:33 AM
i agree 100%. won't buy any of these EVER.

Albion
08-15-2013, 09:59 AM
I wonder if this is a mistake in the Alpha, kind of like when they said all the mod synergys were in the game from day one (they clearly were not, and quietly fixed it later). I can't imagine any one would design them this way on purpose, sounds like the worst thing you could buy. 64 keys for white mods and no synergy mods?

These things only make sense if you get 4 blue tier 3 synergy mods every time. I actually don't think they all have to be the same weapon type (that would actually make it too easy) but a mix of 4 T3 synergy mods of all weapon types seems fair.

Look, you already know the awful feeling you get when you spend 64 keycodes on a T4 lockbox and get the standard two blues and two greens. Imagine how worse you would feel spending 64 keycodes and getting 1 white mod, 2 green mods, and 1 blue non synergy rocket launcher mod - because that is what it sounds like you would get.

Tekrunner
08-15-2013, 10:04 AM
Make the location of the mod hoard's vendor dictate the weapon type the mods fit into (i.e. if you buy a mod hoard from Iron Demon all mods will fit AR/LMG/SMG); and

#1 is probably the least we should get for 64 keys.

#2 might start to make things a little easy and make mod trading a little moot, but I sure wouldn't say no.

#3 while on the surface white mods might look like they're just trash that we can get rid of, it's a known thing that RPG-like games need to have some trash items. The reason is that they help provide a sense of what's good and what's bad in the game, by giving a basis for comparison. Kind of how we have white guns, even though no one uses those past their first few hours into the game. So maybe the devs could get rid of white mods, but I feel like they hold some purpose.

Hope499
08-15-2013, 10:08 AM
Wait, whaaaaaa?????????

For JUST mods, its going to cost 64 keys?? WHo the hell wants to do that??????????

Arsenic_Touch
08-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Wait, whaaaaaa?????????

For JUST mods, its going to cost 64 keys?? WHo the hell wants to do that??????????

A lockbox with 1 random scope, 1 random barrel, 1 random magazine and 1 random stock.
You can still purchase the rep mod caches from their appropriate vendor and you can now purchase every non rep synergy as a tier 2 mod from select vendors. Check my mod vendor thread for their locations. And the specials at these vendors are always blue, so you have even better chance to get mods.

They increased the price of blue mods to 10k, however you have lots of opportunities to get those mods now.

Though I have to agree with the OP, I don't see myself buying them, but then again you won't really need them.

N7_Legion
08-15-2013, 11:30 AM
I will not be buying any Mod Hoards either. I will wait for the vendor sales and/or buy the Tier II mods straight up, before ever gambling on a Mod Hoard only to get whites. I would much rather use my 64 to buy a Tier 4 lockbox, any day.

JxSiN
08-15-2013, 01:14 PM
I, and everyone I have talked to, will not be buying hoard boxes with keys, and heck no to buying them with bits. Seriously why do I want to take the chance to pull mods that I can just go to the vendor and buy them. If it were 4 blue on any or non synergy then yes. But it's not so NO. Adding synergy greens to vendors, GREAT IDEA. Having 4 mods of any rarity and maybe even non synergy come from a box for 64 keys plus all white and green mods available at any time in game already, HORRIBLE IDEA

CoolStoryBro
08-15-2013, 02:05 PM
There is a suggestion on the Official Defiance Suggestion List that says "Give our characters an emote that lets us mock the decision to create Mod Hoard Boxes that cost 64 keycodes with no guarantee of tier III mods". I recommend that we vote that up.

Unruhe
08-15-2013, 07:13 PM
With the changes to the vendors, the mod RNG-lotttery-throw64keysaway-apalooza should be guaranteed to give blue quality mods, with a high (but not necessarily 100%) chance of having a synergy.

If you can clop up to a vending machine and buy a green synergy mod of your choosing, then the RNG boxes need always give you something technically better, even if it's something you don't want to use.

alienstookmybeer
08-15-2013, 08:02 PM
There is a suggestion on the Official Defiance Suggestion List that says "Give our characters an emote that lets us mock the decision to create Mod Hoard Boxes that cost 64 keycodes with no guarantee of tier III mods". I recommend that we vote that up.

No don't for that. Trion employees will probably vote that up themselves to make it #1.

Then they'll just take the dance emote and have it run backwards, and say the took care of our #1 suggestion.

Ridiculousss
08-15-2013, 08:53 PM
WILL NOT be buying horde boxes, way to over priced, and you are not even guaranteed blues, you could end up with white and green, for 64 keys?

no thanks :)

Changes do need to be made

Cavadus
08-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Day before the DLC. Has this been fixed for release yet?

myownenemy
08-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Hmmm, buy a mod hoard for 64 keys with no rarity or synergy guarantees or just port over to that weapon's vendor and have every single tier II synergy available for scrip and/or wait for the tier III I'm looking for to go on sale.

Tough decision...

The cost for the hoards is patently absurd when compared to the vendor changes.

Do the following:

When it comes to mods, 64 keys better be get me something. With the current situation I will never, ever, ever purchase a mod hoard. I'd rather play the lottery on T4 lockboxes.

Hell, the cost should probably be halved to 32 keys as well. They're not weapons; just mods. These things should be plentiful and more players should be able to put mod sets together. Right now you either need a huge clan with good mod trade or to post aimlessly on the trade forums or DEFIANCEmods.com (http://www.defiancemods.com).

EDIT: Even the name is lame. "Hoard?" Leave'em as caches IMO.

i agree 100%. I mean honestly think about it alls there doin is upping the mod count from the hoard to 4 instead of the synergy box of 2 so in all reality im confused why the hoard even costs 64 to begin with synergy boxes were 16 so hoards should be 32 I mean come on that's not a scam at all that they are now 64 that's absolutely ridiculous and scandalist I love this game so much but I have to agree if this doesn't change I don't find myself buying hoard boxes I to would reather spend 64 hard earned keys on a tier 4 box and jus get mods from friends or this crazy idea that enables me to get every mod I want by jus waiting

MayhemMan
08-19-2013, 05:01 PM
I agree. This needs to be fixed. Whites and greens should not be in there at that high of a cost of keys and for the fact you can buy them at the vendors. This should be blues only. Fix this Trion!:mad:

Lorchra
08-21-2013, 04:26 AM
I agree. This needs to be fixed. Whites and greens should not be in there at that high of a cost of keys and for the fact you can buy them at the vendors. This should be blues only. Fix this Trion!:mad:

Despite a strong sense of foreboding, I bought a Mod Hoard box today. Contents: 2 white mods, 2 green mods, no synergies at all. Honestly, when I open a purple box and I find crappy whites and greens, the first word that comes to my mind is 'scam'.

Dracian
08-21-2013, 05:11 AM
Bought one too this morning for the sake of science : 2 T1, 1 T2, 1 T3. None had synergy. I strongly recommend against wasting your keycodes on these items.

Arsenic_Touch
08-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Clan member bought one earlier and got 3 whites. Definitely a terrible idea.

Albion
08-21-2013, 10:29 AM
I'll beat that - a friend pulled one last night, and got 4 whites! What were they thinking here? This is a worse ripoff than any lockbox so far, and that is saying something, since they all are more or less a ripoff.

Market
08-21-2013, 11:29 AM
I had to see for myself, as did another one of our Clan members, and both of us were shafted out of keys... I received three white and one green... my friend got the proverbial pinball table with four whites... not a single one of those eight had a synergy.

I agree with everyone who's said "do not buy mod hordes"... may as well just go flush 64 keys down the terlit...

Ridilen
08-22-2013, 10:00 AM
I bought a hoarde mod box last night and pulled 4 white, !THAT'S RIGHT!, 4 white mods. So much for 64 keys.

Then 1 orange from a Tier 3 after DLC dropped after over 50 tries before DLC.

Spiltmilk
08-22-2013, 12:57 PM
This is why I check the forums more frequently now. 64 keys is a hefty price.

Ridiculousss
08-22-2013, 03:07 PM
I havent bought a mod horde nor will i till its fixed, im not wasting 64 keys to get green and white mods, all horde boxes should contain tier 3 blues.

Ifu think about it, its a good upgrade from buying them 10k a piece at vendor, have them in horde boxes but only T3. Like i said i haven't bought nor will i till something is changed.

ChobiiTz
08-23-2013, 08:42 AM
I tried this mod hoard yesterday, got 4 white mods with no syn... ill never buy one again. what a waste of my dam time and 64 keycodes. I hope this is fixed soon. I hate having to check venders every hour on the hour and HOPE to get the mods im lookin for -.-

Cavadus
08-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Yeah, mod hoards are junk too but that's another issue.