PDA

View Full Version : Critical Sniper Shots Not Doing Damage

teamshizzy
08-15-2013, 02:00 PM
I got on today and when I get head shots with any sniper it doesn't do any damage. I have damage numbers turned on so I can tell what I'm hitting and the green number comes up but the raider or mutant or what have you doesn't lose any health and my weapon doesn't gain any XP. Anyone else having this problem?

A s0t
08-15-2013, 02:23 PM
yea this glitch is back

Defenze
08-15-2013, 07:14 PM
No not having this problem. Never have had this problem. This may have something to do with your ISP speed. The game and all it's components don't function well at low internet speeds. Do you get kills with your head shots? If not, the shot is not registering because you internet speed is to slow to keep up with the speed of the game. It is not fun, but you are not alone if that makes you feel better. This is, of course, is just a guess as to what might be causing this. I could be very wrong. In that case, I do apologize ahead of time.

Deirachel
08-15-2013, 08:17 PM
There is a known glitch where if you have anything increasing crit from hip-fire equiped (the perk or the roll on the gun itself) you get numbers for the hit, but actual damage done is 0 if you are scoped in (which you would always be with a sniper...duh.)

Check your gun to see if it's got this roll. If it doesn't, take the Gunslinger perk off your loadout and try again.

teamshizzy
08-15-2013, 08:53 PM
There is a known glitch where if you have anything increasing crit from hip-fire equiped (the perk or the roll on the gun itself) you get numbers for the hit, but actual damage done is 0 if you are scoped in (which you would always be with a sniper...duh.)

Check your gun to see if it's got this roll. If it doesn't, take the Gunslinger perk off your loadout and try again.

I have the hip fire perk on, I'll try that.

teamshizzy
08-15-2013, 08:54 PM
No not having this problem. Never have had this problem. This may have something to do with your ISP speed. The game and all it's components don't function well at low internet speeds. Do you get kills with your head shots? If not, the shot is not registering because you internet speed is to slow to keep up with the speed of the game. It is not fun, but you are not alone if that makes you feel better. This is, of course, is just a guess as to what might be causing this. I could be very wrong. In that case, I do apologize ahead of time.

Oh, and I have BOMB internet speed!

teamshizzy
08-15-2013, 09:09 PM

Problem solved, thanks!

Ssdmiddleman
08-15-2013, 11:19 PM
Yeah I remember that glitch, I thought it was fixed..