08-15-2013, 09:02 PM
I know maybe a dumb question but wasent sure which it be

Artemis Shrikes
08-15-2013, 09:04 PM
I know maybe a dumb question but wasent sure which it be

they don't have Microsoft Points anymore, look it up they removed

Drugzh3lp
08-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Lol just bought 20$ ms card today it will convert to $$?

Indra Echo
08-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Lol just bought 20$ ms card today it will convert to $$? To answer your question-I wouldn't convert to bits until you see what they do, but most likely you will purchase it through the MS marketplace and not the Defiance store. It would for one thing be easier and makes more sense to do it that way I would think.

And if you bought a points card today then MS would have to honor it-I am not so sure they converted everyone to the use of money $ instead of points. But if they did then any card you recently bought they'd still have to accept I would think.

MindFreak
08-15-2013, 09:30 PM
it'll MSP Well Cash but if you dont get it until after the DLC for Defiance comes out then it'll cost you bits to buy the other stuff.

Edit- because if you buy the SP after the first DLC comes out you wont get the first one free but all of the ones after that you will if you buy it. so if you dont have it i would totally consider buying it now.

Drugzh3lp
08-15-2013, 10:01 PM
I cant just buy the dlc in 1 shot or I have to buy the content
in pieces?

Indra Echo
08-15-2013, 10:18 PM
I cant just buy the dlc in 1 shot or I have to buy the content
in pieces?

Yes you can buy the DLC-it will be $10 I think. There are some extras I think that season pass pre-orders get that others have to pay for and would be bought with bits in the Defiance Store. The season pass is in the xbox marketplace so I'd think the individual DLCs will be there too.

But there is also a free version of the content that anyone can get-it just would mean that in order to get some of the other stuff you'd probably have to buy more bits for it.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?110494-Castithan-Charge-Pack-Discussion-Thread

Deirachel
08-15-2013, 11:19 PM
To get the paid DLC, you will have to buy it from the Xbox Live store, as you are an Xbox user. Then, once it's been done there, the in-game patcher will complete your full game update. dahanese kind of touched on this in, I think, the release date announcement thread.

Yes, they will convert all microsoft points cards into local money until further notice (i.e. until they think all the existing cards have been sold, most likely). Any existing MSP on an account will also be converted to local money. But, they haven't actually converted yet. That's coming "Late 2013". I figure they will start doing it when they are done converting Family Accounts to Individual accounts, which starts at the end of this month.

Xbox Live's FAQ page about the conversion. (http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq)