PDA

View Full Version : How do you do tricks in your vehicle?

tdonaghe
03-31-2013, 09:25 AM
I've seen videos with people spinning, flipping, etc their ATVs. The best I was able to do in beta/alpha was to spazz about in the air, not looking like anything. Have you figured out how to do cool stuff? If so, how? Do different vehicles have different tricks?

Zyvaks
03-31-2013, 09:27 AM
I've seen videos with people spinning, flipping, etc their ATVs. The best I was able to do in beta/alpha was to spazz about in the air, not looking like anything. Have you figured out how to do cool stuff? If so, how? Do different vehicles have different tricks?

well for insane spinning i went very very high up into the mountains, found a very long drop, did a boost jump off of it, and just spun. the spinning will pick up very fast and you will spin like crazy :D

Jad
03-31-2013, 10:12 AM
You need some tricks for the "Vehicle Pursuits".

a 360, 720 and power slides.

Like Zyvaks said, you can boost off into the air while turning to do spins. Slides are done with the emergency brake (Space bar). Just hold down w and a/d and after you get going also hold down space. Its great for quickly gobbling up scrip piles after an arc fall.

Komakala
03-31-2013, 10:40 AM

Never seen flipping, unless you count it flipping after a dismount. Flat spins are fairly easy, hit a respectably high jump and hold either left or right, you'll start to spin. The broken highway next to the starting camp allows you to easily pull off a 360. The hill near where you drop out of the tutorial grants an easy 720, hardest part is driving up it.

As far as I know ATVs are the only vehicles that you can really do tricks on. The cars will rotate a little but never a full spin.

Nazdreg
03-31-2013, 10:45 AM
Yeah, ATV's are pretty good for trickery. Tho I have a screenie of me somehow getting my buggy stuck pretty high in a tree from a jump. And it wasn't off a cliff, when NDA lifts for Alpha. I'll post it.

Komakala
03-31-2013, 10:49 AM
Yeah, ATV's are pretty good for trickery. Tho I have a screenie of me somehow getting my buggy stuck pretty high in a tree from a jump. And it wasn't off a cliff, when NDA lifts for Alpha. I'll post it.

I don't think the NDA for alpha will ever lift. But getting vehicles stuck in trees seems to come naturally to me. I guess it's partially due to my desire to see how good of a jump every single little bump in the ground might make.

Nazdreg
03-31-2013, 10:52 AM
Your probably right about the NDA for Alpha, I was thinking about that after I posted it. lol.

Thats how I managed getting stuck, most of the time I just bounce off the trunk of them. Out screwing around seing just how far I could puch the jumping envelope. This was back in Early Feb.