PDA

View Full Version : the most USELESS weapon in the game

Littleweasel
08-15-2013, 10:28 PM
although you would think the rocket launcher would be the best weapons (most powerful) to me it seems to be the most USELESS weapon in the game, i have a pistol that does just about as much damage as the rocket launcher, and shot guns that do allot more that a rocket launcher? a detonator sometime takes 2 or 3 shot planted at your feet to kill yourself, and in most case 1 grenade will not even kill you but yet 1 rocket at your feet will down you instantly. but yet in most cases a grenade and a detonator have higher damage stats which really makes no sense at all?
something is really f'd up with that

Lindrei
08-15-2013, 10:34 PM
RL's, Detonators are AoE damage weapons. They may only do 1600~ but they do it to an area not just a single target. So if you can group up your targets (not that hard really)you can a massive amount of damage to a single area.

A s0t
08-15-2013, 10:36 PM
5 months ago thread?

Littleweasel
08-15-2013, 10:44 PM
5 months ago thread?

well it may be 5 months ago to you, but i just recently started using the RL's to level them up

Ssdmiddleman
08-15-2013, 11:12 PM
I feel like they thought they would be too overpowered so they didn't want to risk that.

crasher
08-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Coming Soon:
The Most Useless Weapon Award goes to: The SAW.

JxSiN
08-16-2013, 12:18 AM
I thought this was going to be a Disruptor thread. Now I am disappointed :(

A s0t
08-16-2013, 12:18 AM
how many times have you died by pointing at your tv screen/monitor when some dude pulls out a rocket launcher cause you are just pointing and laughing?? during pvp

Orbital
08-16-2013, 12:19 AM
They are tweaking missile launchers again, but right now the rebounder cannon is the most worthless weapon i've come across. In a few patches the immunizer probably will be up there too lol

JxSiN
08-16-2013, 12:27 AM
I don't think these tweaks are coming this patch tho.

Arisax
08-16-2013, 12:40 AM
rockets are a joke here :s even dotonators are way faster ,theres one that has more AOE (big boomer) they got mag cap mod,they reloads the entire mag at once and fast ...now,try to use a rocket in pvp...xD ... hope we all can test the true DPS in duels one vs one with the upcoming DLC and the introduction to duels,im so gonna test all weapons

Orbital
08-16-2013, 12:53 AM
the fire and sludge cannons are not terrible for pvp, and the mass and swarm cannon are not terrible. The rebounder just has way too low of min dmg.

Arisax
08-16-2013, 01:04 AM
the fire and sludge cannons are not terrible for pvp, and the mass and swarm cannon are not terrible. The rebounder just has way too low of min dmg.
but do you agree that any other weapon can do better than them right =,=?...and just pick up another weapon that actually KILLS the other player before they stop laughting at you xD..
i say this because i once found a guy with a rocket in pvp before he managed to land two shots on me and ALMOST took my shield down....yeah..almost xD..i was like stares while he reloads...yaws...killed him with a shotty ..its sad xD...

Mr LightningBolt
08-16-2013, 01:07 AM
Try the bull rush.. That mess knock no body down in pvp its not worth it

Codename Quincy
08-16-2013, 01:13 AM
slugger. no weapon is more useless

Orbital
08-16-2013, 01:17 AM
but do you agree that any other weapon can do better than them right =,=?...and just pick up another weapon that actually KILLS the other player before they stop laughting at you xD..
i say this because i once found a guy with a rocket in pvp before he managed to land two shots on me and ALMOST took my shield down....yeah..almost xD..i was like stares while he reloads...yaws...killed him with a shotty ..its sad xD...

those two i mentioned are more of tools for taking them down, with that sludge they cannot run well and you can mow them down with a long/mid-range weapon. The fire one softens them up for you, good for knocking shield down. The swarm and mass cannons also work pretty well. Most of the other rockets I wouldn't consider using in their current state.

JxSiN
08-16-2013, 02:00 AM
those two i mentioned are more of tools for taking them down, with that sludge they cannot run well and you can mow them down with a long/mid-range weapon. The fire one softens them up for you, good for knocking shield down. The swarm and mass cannons also work pretty well. Most of the other rockets I wouldn't consider using in their current state.

A swarm cannon in the right hands is a beast in PvP

Orbital
08-16-2013, 02:04 AM
Yup, that is why i mentioned it. Really "in the right hands" the mass cannon is as well, it is a bit harder to get the hang of compared to the point and shoot swarm cannon though. I've seen people get lucky and kill 2-3+ people at once with swarm hits.

chilipino
08-16-2013, 02:06 AM
slugger. no weapon is more useless

Seconded. Had two orange ones. Gave one away. The other became salvage.

VicousBlood
08-16-2013, 02:11 AM
My problem with the mass and other manual detonation devices, is it should detonate as soon as i hit detonate. Per se, if I wanted to it to detonate as soon as it left the barrel, basically in my face, I should have that type of true manual detonation.

JaskaJii
08-16-2013, 03:10 AM
I use Rocket Pod in PvP for sh*ts and giggles. I even get kills with it. But I'm not one of those invisible bunnyrabbits with an LMG and Canker that just never want to learn different playstyles and must get the best K/D.

But I agree, rocket launchers are weak.

Slop
08-16-2013, 04:14 AM
Love my Bonfire cant wait for it to be buffed. Melty!

August Barkley
08-16-2013, 04:23 AM
Sawed-off is most useless in PvE. Except for the courier.

MaxSterling
08-16-2013, 04:39 AM
And here I thought the most useless weapon against bugs was the support ticket...

Rocket launchers really do suck. Low ammo pool + horrible DMG. The only truly effective way to use them is from up above and firing within a huge crowd of enemies to make use of it's splash DMG. I'm glad that they announced that they were gonna buff the RLs.

Dack
08-16-2013, 04:49 AM
Bonfires are awesome.
All the other rocket launchers are garbage.

Indra Echo
08-16-2013, 07:16 AM
RL's, Detonators are AoE damage weapons. They may only do 1600~ but they do it to an area not just a single target. So if you can group up your targets (not that hard really)you can a massive amount of damage to a single area.

I'm going to say this and open up a can of worms here. Mass Cannons. At arkfalls (ok yes red crystal ones), you'd be amazed at what you can do with one of these things. No, it won't take down everything all at once, but it will do significant enough damage to them.

And it also does damage the crystal-yes, it kills skitterlings but there are weak spots still to shoot. If you use one and have perks set up for more drops and so on, the place will be lit up like it's Christmas. You will not, however, be at the top of the leaderboard at the end. You may not even get the most kills but you will do enough damage to a lot of things that get killed by others (it can help some get the pursuit for killing things you already damaged). That means you get stuff from all they've killed.

Ok, I know people will say this is crappy. I don't recommend doing it all the time and you are still rather vulnerable, have limited ammo, and long reload times, but it shows they can work for some things. I don't use them at arkfalls and never used them all that much-when I did try it out, I'd end up switching to a different loadout. The problem with using them at arkfalls is they can lag people out (which is a crappy thing to have happen) and when a lot of explosions are going off, it's harder for others to actually target foes-they can't see them.

They can be used for other things that don't tick people off. Go to Head First Crater by Bug n Chug. Lots of fun. And again, the place will be lit up like Christmas.

Mr Reloaded
08-16-2013, 08:36 AM
My award for most useless weapon goes to *drum roll* the nomad smg. What a pile of rubbish

AngersRevenge
08-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Sawed-off is most useless in PvE. Except for the courier.

Don't know about that. I consistently 1 shot mobs all the time.

August Barkley
08-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Don't know about that. I consistently 1 shot mobs all the time.

A skitterling? Maybe. :)

NicodemusTNT
08-16-2013, 10:25 AM
I've had pretty good luck in PvP with the Armada. I switch back and forth between the Armada and the Swarm Cannon and have settled on the Armada.

WARDUKE
08-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Rocket Launchers should do significantly more DMG, with a higher CRIT rate, but carry an extremely long reload time to counter its one shot DMG ability.

I guess none of the Devs ever player Rocket Arena..

lanxmixpunk
08-16-2013, 01:08 PM
although you would think the rocket launcher would be the best weapons (most powerful) to me it seems to be the most USELESS weapon in the game, i have a pistol that does just about as much damage as the rocket launcher, and shot guns that do allot more that a rocket launcher? a detonator sometime takes 2 or 3 shot planted at your feet to kill yourself, and in most case 1 grenade will not even kill you but yet 1 rocket at your feet will down you instantly. but yet in most cases a grenade and a detonator have higher damage stats which really makes no sense at all?

Somebody hasent used a disruptor lol x) dear god I wish they took that forced delay off.

cusman
08-16-2013, 03:16 PM

The Mass Cannon, Bonfire, and Sludge rockets are awesome. I think the Rebounder Cannon is also decent.

The only problem I have with the rest, is that you can't use them effectively in PvP but they are still good in PvE. They wont do as much damage as other faster firing, more damaging weapons... but they are still good. Plus a buff is coming so relax.

DarknessEyes PT
08-16-2013, 06:09 PM
I thought this was going to be a Disruptor thread. Now I am disappointed :(

The disruptor is not that bad. the dmg details are wrong, it should be dmgx3 because each bullet hit 3 times :)
One bullet = dmgx3
One burst = dmgx3x3

The time between burst should be reduced a little.

JxSiN
08-16-2013, 06:40 PM
The disruptor is not that bad. the dmg details are wrong, it should be dmgx3 because each bullet hit 3 times :)
One bullet = dmgx3
One burst = dmgx3x3

The time between burst should be reduced a little.

I know about the 3 shots per bullet but it still sucks. When the thread was made a month or so back about what weapons aren't good the disruptor was chosen by many as the worst weapon. I've ran many tests with them trying to find something good in them. Maybe if they took off the forced delay then it may be decent

Yewa
08-16-2013, 09:17 PM

I one shot most enemies with a well placed sawed-off shot to the face. The intimidation perk is a very good combination too, melee first then shoot the face.

WestJaguar
08-17-2013, 03:38 AM
I haven't used rocket launchers much, prefer detonators, but I have seen the Mass Cannon do really well. Sludge RL's are probably the ones I'll use the most out of all them when I care to start using them.

Orbital
08-17-2013, 04:11 AM
The Mass Cannon, Bonfire, and Sludge rockets are awesome. I think the Rebounder Cannon is also decent.

The first 3 I agree with and the swarm cannon as well, but the rebounder? Really, have you used it? I tried the legendary one I had out at Sutro Tower and I couldn't kill anything with it, I had to switch to a LMG or AR. I think an Armada would do better than the Rebounder. Maybe I was just getting bad rolls and hitting for the minimums of 65 alot, but I couldn't kill anything before ammo ran out.

AngersRevenge
08-19-2013, 08:03 AM

No. Most normal mobs in the open world and a lot of mobs in Co-Ops. All kinds of Raiders, miners, Etc... Not tankers, black lungs, elite mobs or hellbugs (except archers and blast pods).

Get a sawed off with siphon, cloak, and the perk that makes you do more damage while cloaked. You can do it without siphon, but I find siphon works the best. Shoot once and by the time you reload you are cloaked again meaning every shot has an awesome damage bonus from the cloak. Also, If you hit them and they aren't dead but with a sliver of life left, the siphon will finish them off. It procs on a regular basis. You are always going to get max damage range (i.e. right up on them) because your cloaked. Plus, You stay at full shields 70% of the time due to siphon and cloak. Try it. It's wicked fun.

Zugo
08-19-2013, 08:45 AM
The first 3 I agree with and the swarm cannon as well, but the rebounder? Really, have you used it? I tried the legendary one I had out at Sutro Tower and I couldn't kill anything with it, I had to switch to a LMG or AR. I think an Armada would do better than the Rebounder. Maybe I was just getting bad rolls and hitting for the minimums of 65 alot, but I couldn't kill anything before ammo ran out.

I've only found one good use for the rebounder.

You can hit the underside(crit spot) on the Matriarchs while not exposed. Just bounce that ball right up there.

alienstookmybeer
08-19-2013, 08:51 AM
I like armadas for PvE. It can be quite fun to run places like Mine 98 with just 2 armadas and the right perks (deadly cascade, ammo thief, preparedness).

I just finished first in a minor scrapper arkfall earlier and more than doubled the damage from the 2nd place guy who got there before me. Heck, I even took some breaks to break down some salvage in the middle of it.

Can't wait to see what buffs are coming.. pity they probably won't be coming tomorrow.