PDA

View Full Version : Nano Effects?

Lomax
03-31-2013, 10:02 AM
What are they? Are they like the effect of making a player catch fire? or poison ect? Is their a list of them anywhere? with duration and what the effects actually do? Thanks

SteelPaladin
03-31-2013, 10:03 AM
dunno, news to me, sort of like the whole "synergy" thing. probably have to wait until release to find out.

fang1192
03-31-2013, 11:34 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2775-Compiled-List-of-Frequently-Asked-Questions

That should help.

Kryt
03-31-2013, 11:35 AM
Nano effect are pretty much just an effect that is triggered upon firing or melee.

Electrical – stuns target and enemies near target, also shorts out HUD.

Incendiary – Fire, the DOT (Damage over time) element of the game.

Biological – Slows enemies down and causes them to deal less damage.

Radiation – Makes target take more damage

Syphon – Life leech

Pragmatic
03-31-2013, 11:36 AM
Seen a bit of reference to Nano Effectis myself, I have no idea but will reply if I find out.

Kris Woodsman
03-31-2013, 12:18 PM
My impression is nano-effects are techno-magic. Called hand-waving and suspension of disbelief.

Ashes2Ashes
04-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Nano effect are pretty much just an effect that is triggered upon firing or melee.

Electrical stuns target and enemies near target, also shorts out HUD.

Incendiary Fire, the DOT (Damage over time) element of the game.

Biological Slows enemies down and causes them to deal less damage.

Radiation Makes target take more damage

Syphon Life leech

What are the symbols used for each? I cannot find anything definitive on the actual markings.

Syxx
04-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Only ones I don't know is which is Syphon and Biological (icons?) the rest are all pretty straight forward.

Dorgaria
04-04-2013, 03:07 PM

Electrical stuns target and enemies near target, also shorts out HUD.

Incendiary Fire, the DOT (Damage over time) element of the game.

Biological Slows enemies down and causes them to deal less damage.

Radiation Makes target take more damage

Syphon Life leech

Electrical - blue lightning bolt
Incendiary - red flame
Biological - purple biohazard image
Radiation - green radioactive symbol
Syphon - black/purple swirlie thingy

Swingeya
04-05-2013, 07:42 AM
It would be awesome if we could attach nano effects, like mods, to our weapons, currently searching for an assault rifle with decent damage that has the effect radiation, where they evaporate into what i describe as purple smoke when killed (could also be Syphon effect) unsure.

MR_CHEWYNumNums
04-05-2013, 07:46 AM
It would be awesome if we could attach nano effects, like mods, to our weapons, currently searching for an assault rifle with decent damage that has the effect radiation, where they evaporate into what i describe as purple smoke when killed (could also be Syphon effect) unsure.

That's Syphon, radiation is green vapor