PDA

View Full Version : lockbox rarity drop rate

flatline
08-16-2013, 09:13 AM
im just wanting to know the rarity drop rate for each box and if they are different for each box. also are they different if you purchase the box with bits?

i have a message from a gm in game on a ticket saying the drop rates are 100% random like rolling a dice for getting any rarity item. (gm name of oberlon) if the drop rates are random how do you explain getting green and blue quality items from lockboxes and no purple and orange if it is 100% random

M0G
08-16-2013, 09:25 AM
from what I remember.....

1.5% on tier 2
2.7% on tier 3's
4.2% on 4's

Ssdmiddleman
08-16-2013, 06:37 PM
There are percentage chances for each type of weapon but it is technically 100% random.

Its Cujo
08-17-2013, 05:48 AM
F 4 boxes. I've pulled more out of 3s. Hit a 4 the other day one blue and 3 greens lol. Never went back to 4s 3s are where it's at. Hit a crash boomer today. Not much but still orange.

roguestatus
08-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Always hit on 2 boxes but lately ive been through 263 2 boxes and best ive pulled is 5 purples then just the other day bought a 2 box with bits and pulled an orange syphon sawed off, go figure

flatline
08-18-2013, 02:02 AM
from what I remember.....

1.5% on tier 2
2.7% on tier 3's
4.2% on 4's

alright if the percentages correct
t2s cost 8 keys
t3 cost 24 keys shouldnt be closer to 4.5% becouse there higher cost
t4s cost 64 keys should be closer to 12% also becouse of cost in keys alone
can we get a true rarity rate from the lockboxes for both oranges and purples for both boxes from keys and boxes from bits

Ridiculousss
08-18-2013, 02:05 AM
Me and my buddy have been testing. And usually it seems after you guy with Ark salvage or keys 4 or 5 boxes, somewhere in between use bits to buy one box. and it often helps.

Doesn't always though, you can come up empty handed, it is just pretty random.

homerd0h
08-18-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm just not convinced anymore that they are truly random. There are enough people who pull them consistently (and others who never get them) that the percentages just don't make sense.

There is a guy in my clan that pulls them out of tier 4 boxes and gets at least one out of every four or five boxes. That is hardly around 5%. And then there are people like me who get them maybe once every 50 boxes (If I'm very lucky). I know there are a lot of variables (what tier you buy, how many, etc.) but there is something that just doesn't add up.

antlad
08-19-2013, 11:16 AM
First- Are the percentages you guys are talking about per player or across the game?
Second- A random computer program is hardly random, always a pattern if enough testing.

DaltonMan
08-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Trion straight up posted that it was 2% for t2, 4% for t3 and 6% for t4. Look it up. And that doesn't mean every 25 t2 you do you'll get a legendary. It just means every box has the same chance as every other box, not if and how lucky you are. Simple math guys

homerd0h
08-19-2013, 01:30 PM
It just means every box has the same chance as every other box

Which is why I'm pointing out that I have a clan member who gets them with a consistency that makes your statement false.

Chickenator
08-19-2013, 01:42 PM
I have pulled hundreds of T3 boxes and have never, NOT ONE TIME!!!, received an orange. My brother got the game about a week after I did and pulled an orange out of his second T3.

I understand how percentages work and that each pull is mutually exclusive, but even then it is frustrating when I see topics where people are consistently pulling oranges day after day. When will the RNG God grant me my wish and bestow upon me the almighty FRC Scattergun orange that I have been craving?

Well, we all know that when I do finally get an orange it will be a VOT Fragger with 2,000,000% fire rate...

GiantInMaine
08-19-2013, 01:50 PM
I have pulled hundreds of T3 boxes and have never, NOT ONE TIME!!!, received an orange. My brother got the game about a week after I did and pulled an orange out of his second T3.

I understand how percentages work and that each pull is mutually exclusive, but even then it is frustrating when I see topics where people are consistently pulling oranges day after day. When will the RNG God grant me my wish and bestow upon me the almighty FRC Scattergun orange that I have been craving?

Well, we all know that when I do finally get an orange it will be a VOT Fragger with 2,000,000% fire rate...

Same here I have bought hundreds with never one orange. I gave up on them. I do get them at a pretty good rate out of tier 4's now though.

Chickenator
08-19-2013, 01:54 PM
Same here I have bought hundreds with never one orange. I gave up on them. I do get them at a pretty good rate out of tier 4's now though.

I may have to switch gears then. I just find T4's to be too expensive. I don't have 10 hours a day to play this game, so farming 64 keys (or whatever the cost of a T4 is) just takes too long for me. I might open 1 or 2 a night at that price.

I just need an orange so I feel like I'm included in the "cool kids" club. I'm just so lonely over here...

GiantInMaine
08-19-2013, 01:56 PM
I may have to switch gears then. I just find T4's to be too expensive. I don't have 10 hours a day to play this game, so farming 64 keys (or whatever the cost of a T4 is) just takes too long for me. I might open 1 or 2 a night at that price.

I just need an orange so I feel like I'm included in the "cool kids" club. I'm just so lonely over here...

Good luck. Must be horrible to never get one.

Chickenator
08-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Good luck. Must be horrible to never get one.

Yes...yes it is...

Just one would satisfy my thirst though. Even if it has horrible Exp. bonuses.

DaltonMan
08-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Which is why I'm pointing out that I have a clan member who gets them with a consistency that makes your statement false.

No colonel sanders you wrong. If you don't believe it ask them. They wouldn't make a game that different characters had greater chances.

homerd0h
08-19-2013, 07:11 PM
No colonel sanders you wrong. If you don't believe it ask them. They wouldn't make a game that different characters had greater chances.

My mistake. You clearly have some solid proof there and have cleared it all up for us.

divergent ghost
08-19-2013, 11:52 PM
Trion never released the chances of getting them. I've and many others have asked by email, tickets, live chat and every answer was the same. "we can't give away any percentages or tell you a number for drop rates because that would be considered giving you hints which we are not allowed to do"

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-20-2013, 12:23 AM
Trion never released the chances of getting them. I've and many others have asked by email, tickets, live chat and every answer was the same. "we can't give away any percentages or tell you a number for drop rates because that would be considered giving you hints which we are not allowed to do"

This is correct. At no point has Trion given any actual numbers. The best we have was the data collection project. Random means random, I pull oranges at least every 3 tier 4's but many others don't. Have also noticed other players seem to have better luck when in groups or going to lockboxes that don't have a lot of player traffic. Of course just because these methods may seem to work for some doesn't mean it will for anyone else.

divergent ghost
08-20-2013, 12:25 AM
This is correct. At no point has Trion given any actual numbers. The best we have was the data collection project. Random means random, I pull oranges at least every 3 tier 4's but many others don't. Have also noticed other players seem to have better luck when in groups or going to lockboxes that don't have a lot of player traffic. Of course just because these methods may seem to work for some doesn't mean it will for anyone else.

luckier than me I seem to get one every month and a half or so. Lol

Fastrack
08-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Most of you have better luck than me. I did about average for the first month of the game. I got 2 oranges in 1 Tier 3 box. Of course, I already had BOTH type in orange. And since then I've opened SEVENTY-EIGHT Tier 3 boxes and have gotten ANY oranges. That was almost 3 months ago. Oh, I've also tried 4 Teir 4 boxes and didn't get schtako...

Calidorn
08-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Yes...yes it is...

Just one would satisfy my thirst though. Even if it has horrible Exp. bonuses.

May I join your club as well. Have been playing since day one and have never seen one out of all the lock boxes I've opened. The only way I'll see orange is if someone bashes me into semi-consciousness with a Sunny Delight Bottle.

Sojuorn
08-20-2013, 02:59 PM
since release ive average 1 orange in every 19 tier 3 boxes from coit tower