PDA

View Full Version : NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Don't turn off the alpha test server!

Arsenic_Touch
08-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Aww, we were having fun. You should leave it up until the game goes live!

Now that you're taking it down, would it be worth leaving it installed for when you open it up again, will it need a new install the next time you open it up?

Dracian
08-16-2013, 11:42 AM
:'-(

I haz a sad... And question : will this section stay open and accessible ? Or should I think about rewritting my Recaps in the General Discussions ?

Yewa
08-16-2013, 11:59 AM
This makes me a very sad panda. I'll wait until someone answers arsenic's question before uninstalling the alpha client.

Rakshasa
08-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Aww, a sad kitteh, I am. Oh well, it was fun and informative and hopefully useful while it lasted. Thanks again for opening it up to us and giving us the chance to help try it out.

Note: Ever curious, I tried connecting to alpha anyway, and it's patching... something. A whole lot of something, judging from the time remaining. I'll stop now and go back to behaving myself on the regular server. ;)

Tekrunner
08-16-2013, 03:30 PM
I hope that next time the server reopens we can either reuse the same character, or copy our character from live. Getting back to a decent level took some time.

Arsenic_Touch
08-16-2013, 03:55 PM
I hope that next time the server reopens we can either reuse the same character, or copy our character from live. Getting back to a decent level took some time.

Most likely will get wiped.

Arsenic_Touch
08-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Okay, dahanese got back to me, she said to hang onto it, the alpha will be back at a later date (didn't say when)

Dolnor
08-18-2013, 01:16 AM
Test server is just to test new content. Once the Devs obtain enough info to fix the issues and formulate new content for the future, they'll turn the test server back on to allow us to mass-test the newest stuff.

And in my humble opinion, they MIGHT be logging who leaks info on the new content back to the regular forums. (/imho_off)

See ya all on the flip-side!

TQQdles™

Arsenic_Touch
08-18-2013, 01:23 AM
And in my humble opinion, they MIGHT be logging who leaks info on the new content back to the regular forums. (/imho_off)

TQQdles™

Leaking content on a public forum that anyone can read... riiiiiiight.

Dracian
08-18-2013, 01:29 AM

See ya all on the flip-side!

TQQdles™

I fail to see were's the problem...

However, if you think it's a bad thing for Trion that infos have 'leaked', I think you're wrong : all the vids, pics and intel for the ones that couldn't access the server were perhaps the best advertisement for them.

Iceberg
08-18-2013, 07:41 AM
It would be best to keep it up for any and all patches not just new content, it would help filter out bad patches and possible coding problems that might result from that.

Sanguinesun
08-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Okay, dahanese got back to me, she said to hang onto it, the alpha will be back at a later date (didn't say when)

Take that with a grain of salt at this point.

Their turning it off though makes sense. They're strapped for cash and need to save money. Turning it off lets those resources be used elsewhere(not the machine itself necessarily just the other support/utility resources).

What I will be interested in seeing Arsenic is if you've a compiled list of the issues found during testing and comparing those issues once it goes live.

The reason is because if nothing or very little was changed, then it supports the concerns raised before they put test.

Tekrunner
08-18-2013, 02:21 PM
What I will be interested in seeing Arsenic is if you've a compiled list of the issues found during testing and comparing those issues once it goes live.

The reason is because if nothing or very little was changed, then it supports the concerns raised before they put test.

Personally I'm not expecting them to have fixed a lot of stuff between the last alpha and the live release, simply because they didn't have much time for that. That problem is also compounded by the validation procedures on consoles (I'm pretty sure they can change some stuff until fairly late in the process, but probably not everything). What I'm expecting them to do however is to fix the bugs they couldn't prevent with hotfixes and patches a little later.

Mr LightningBolt
08-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Thats why you dont get attached to the test server. We used you testers as information scouts MUAHAHA!

Mr LightningBolt
08-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Personally I'm not expecting them to have fixed a lot of stuff between the last alpha and the live release, simply because they didn't have much time for that. That problem is also compounded by the validation procedures on consoles (I'm pretty sure they can change some stuff until fairly late in the process, but probably not everything). What I'm expecting them to do however is to fix the bugs they couldn't prevent with hotfixes and patches a little later.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?119790-Patch-1.027-Draft-version!

Tekrunner
08-18-2013, 03:04 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?119790-Patch-1.027-Draft-version!

Uh, what? I have no idea what you're trying to say with this.

Holy Bahamut3
08-18-2013, 06:27 PM
I fail to see were's the problem...

However, if you think it's a bad thing for Trion that infos have 'leaked', I think you're wrong : all the vids, pics and intel for the ones that couldn't access the server were perhaps the best advertisement for them.

Very true, they are the only thing making this wait bearable.