PDA

View Full Version : No bonus loot weekend? Just the boring Dodge challenge?

Albion
08-16-2013, 12:01 PM
A little disappointed that there is no "bonus loot weekend", considering that is what most people want (and many feel the drop rates should be closer to that all the time, not just on the weekends). Last weekend was the useless XP boost, and I can't imagine anyone still cares about this Dodge challenge stuff anymore.

Come on Trion, flip that switch for bonus loot before you head for the beach house this weekend.

Awesome Jeff
08-16-2013, 12:09 PM
A little disappointed that there is no "bonus loot weekend", considering that is what most people want (and many feel the drop rates should be closer to that all the time, not just on the weekends). Last weekend was the useless XP boost, and I can't imagine anyone still cares about this Dodge challenge stuff anymore.

Come on Trion, flip that switch for bonus loot before you head for the beach house this weekend.

Yeah, the ad for there being loot weekend has been running all week, or was it last week. Doesn't actually cost anyone anything. And it's weekend before DLC launch, I suggest 50% loot bonus ;)

I might even play less this weekend :(

TravelerX1
08-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Bah Humbug.....
Good move Trion.....
Another wasted opportunity to get us in your good graces

Thomas1975
08-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Bah Humbug.....
Good move Trion.....
Another wasted opportunity to get us in your good graces

Just another way for Trion (AKA: Acme Manufacturing CO) to tell us how much we mean to them. I guess they think because they are launching the DLC on Tuesday that no bonus is needed to make people happy. Guess I’ll not be buying bits this weekend, I buy boots to make the Drop rates better and I know a lot of people that do the same. But you are right Traveler Trion made a mistake here, think of all the revenue they are going to lose because of this. But what do you expect they are Trion after all, full of bad decisions and poor choices form day one.

TravelerX1
08-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Totally feel the same way. I would have been more then happy to buy boosts on top of the Loot boost for me and group, but now..... meh....

August Barkley
08-16-2013, 12:38 PM
Who needs this bonus loot weekend? :cool:

Thomas1975
08-16-2013, 12:59 PM
But to be honest this comes as no surprise. Trion has continued to decline in their support of the base players that have been here from launch. This hurts all players with a higher EGO rating as we counted on the boost to get Ark Salvage to mod weapons. It cost me 150,000 plus to open one mod slot on a blue weapon. So I needed this weekend to get loot for Salvage. Way to let us down again Trion, Keep up the good work!
What you can expect this weekend:
1. No Clan Communication, all other communication only up 25% of the time.
2. Hard Freezes
3. Random DC’s
4. Buggy at best Co-op maps
So to put it simply, same thing we get all week. Awesome Job Trion!

Indra Echo
08-16-2013, 01:01 PM

You know what. There are still people that do care about this since new players are coming into the game all the time, no matter what anyone thinks, and people are even now asking how to get the Challengers.

I like any boost. XP boost was good for people that wanted it-I did. And there was a recent loot boost - I think they come on a cycle. It's very likely they will have one or maybe even a scrip boost after the DLC drops and once everyone gets some idea of what charge weapons will cost in game. Not everyone looks at this forum so they don't know.

On the last Challenger weekend, not everyone had enough rep to get one so I know of a lot of people that will be happy to see this. But, I have all of them except the red so I'll be happy to see other things too.

WARDUKE
08-16-2013, 01:05 PM
You guys have become too complacent with getting ANY type of bonuses over your weekend playing. You should be grateful that there is an event at all, regardless of the type. Bunch of whiny gimme gimme children on these boards.

Honey attracts more flies than vinegar..

Indra Echo
08-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Apparently it's always just about what A player wants in their game and not really about what anyone else might want.

If I want loot boosts then I should cry if they don't give me one. If I want a skill boost well they should know that automatically because no one else is as important as I am.

This is a recurring theme, where people want lockboxes to not only give out more orange weapons but to make sure and give them a weapon they'll want.

There are a lot of ways to get a lot of loot very quickly. I am constantly breaking loot down and selling it at vendors. In 2 days of maybe playing a couple hours per day, I've gone from about 60k scrip to over 200k and from about the same in salvage to over 300k. And that's without even going to some of the better loot drop places or into the motherlode coop or using the perk for gear drops.

Awesome Jeff
08-16-2013, 01:29 PM
You guys have become too complacent with getting ANY type of bonuses over your weekend playing. You should be grateful that there is an event at all, regardless of the type. Bunch of whiny gimme gimme children on these boards.

Well, every weekend since I started playing this game there has been either loot bonus, xp bonus or everything bonus. This is the first time i've ever seen a weekend without any boost. When they pour it out there they kinda make it implicit that it's what they will be doing. Thus reactions are to be expected when it does not occur

MaxSterling
08-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Honey attracts more flies than vinegar..
So... Dodge Challenger weekend would be vinegar and Loot Boost weekend would be honey?

Sanguinesun
08-16-2013, 01:39 PM
When a cheap low class mall's jewelry store runs a sale 360 of 365 days of the year, are they really offering a "sale" or just that's the regular price intended to misdirect the masses?

Indra Echo
08-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Well, every weekend since I started playing this game there has been either loot bonus, xp bonus or everything bonus. This is the first time i've ever seen a weekend without any boost. When they pour it out there they kinda make it implicit that it's what they will be doing. Thus reactions are to be expected when it does not occur

Not true at all. They have had boost weekends and Challenger weekends. This is by no means the first weekend without a boost. You can, if willing to do the work, go back through the Community Blog where they announce them and look and see what the weekends had. As I recall there were also weekends with nothing going on at all.

Albion
08-16-2013, 01:42 PM
So... Dodge Challenger weekend would be vinegar and Loot Boost weekend would be honey?

More or less, yes. And to the person who thinks we are crybabies for wanting something - do you play games much? Many games, including this one, that try and entice you into spending real money on their game through micro-transactions have promotional events on the weekends because of all the competition from other games. Defiance has done this from day one. I'm just commenting that the loot weekend would have made players happier and probably resulted in more revenue for Trion. This Dodge weekend is a big yawn for most of us.

jaybone35
08-16-2013, 01:43 PM
What thats just fair I have 5 dodge cars all ready and hell we lost at least 5 hours of game play last week end when the pse servers went down and not counting how much boosts was bought and lost cause of it and you give us this loseing faith in this game quickly

digetey dank
08-16-2013, 01:46 PM
they cant even be bothered to make a new track either. same two used over and over. and no new colors. how hard is it to recolor a skin? or would that cost us bits?

Indra Echo
08-16-2013, 01:48 PM
In case anyone is interested if you do look back in the blog, lately the weekend extras have gone it seems in this order:

Loot, xp, Dodge Challenge. Not always the case but this may be the schedule they are on so next weekend might be loot.

Albion
08-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Well, there are only so many weekends left before Diablo 3, GTA V, and other big releases are out. You would think they would take advantage of it now, because this game isn't going to have many players once the new wave of fall releases (and then the new consoles) come out.

Indra Echo
08-16-2013, 01:52 PM
More or less, yes. And to the person who thinks we are crybabies for wanting something - do you play games much? Many games, including this one, that try and entice you into spending real money on their game through micro-transactions have promotional events on the weekends because of all the competition from other games. Defiance has done this from day one. I'm just commenting that the loot weekend would have made players happier and probably resulted in more revenue for Trion. This Dodge weekend is a big yawn for most of us.

But as for your last point-you don't know that for a fact. It's a yawn for you but you are not most of the community. There are people in game still wanting the cars-they've been asking for them.

And as for your first point, sure games sometimes do have promotional weekends. I've played plenty that wanted my money and had maybe a couple of them. And you are getting promotional weekends in this game-just not the ones you want when you want them. If you didn't like getting an xp weekend well too bad-some people did. If I want a skill boost weekend and don't get one, I can't complain they didn't give me what I want, either. I'm not playing the game alone.

A loot boost weekend might make more sense once people see just what scrip and salvage they'll need with the DLC.

Awesome Jeff
08-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Not true at all. They have had boost weekends and Challenger weekends. This is by no means the first weekend without a boost. You can, if willing to do the work, go back through the Community Blog where they announce them and look and see what the weekends had. As I recall there were also weekends with nothing going on at all.

Now if you please read the first part of the first sentence again? The past two months I've been away for one weekend so maybe there was nothing that weekend, all the other weekends there was some kind of boost.

Indra Echo
08-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Well, there are only so many weekends left before Diablo 3, GTA V, and other big releases are out. You would think they would take advantage of it now, because this game isn't going to have many players once the new wave of fall releases (and then the new consoles) come out.

Big releases that for me are meaningless. Others might want them and a lot of others might, but that doesn't mean a game company must constantly work all of their content around what other games are too be released. That's an impossible chore and is part of what causes problems in the first place. Games get released too early because companies worry about other games that will be coming out, but there are always other games coming out.

Atticus Batman
08-16-2013, 02:03 PM
It would make more sense for the loot weekend to be next weak AFTER the dlc weapons are added so more people have a chance of getting one as a loot drop.

Indra Echo
08-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Now if you please read the first part of the first sentence again? The past two months I've been away for one weekend so maybe there was nothing that weekend, all the other weekends there was some kind of boost.

How was I supposed to know you have been away from the game or when?

And since the beginning of the game there have been weekends with no boosts and some with the Dodge. Nothing I said was about whether you were playing the game or not. And I wasn't pointing out a specific weekend. I also then noted the cycle they seem to have been using recently and that next weekend might be loot.

TravelerX1
08-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Um..... really?

Really?

So now we are the bad guys because we want a loot boost weekend ..... ON A WEEKEND WHERE ONE WOULD ACTUALLY MAKE F'IN SENSE??????????????

Am I still going to play this weekend, Yep, running a Death March tonight in fact. Am I going to be all pissed off because Trion didn't have a loot boost weekend? Nope..... Going to have fun with my friends killing Volge. What I am going to do is wonder about Trion's thinking, and quite frankly the thinking of some of the members in this forum.... as I believe you have your heads in the same orifice.

Have a good one.

Indra Echo
08-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Um..... really?

Really?

So now we are the bad guys because we want a loot boost weekend ..... ON A WEEKEND WHERE ONE WOULD ACTUALLY MAKE F'IN SENSE??????????????

Am I still going to play this weekend, Yep, running a Death March tonight in fact. Am I going to be all pissed off because Trion didn't have a loot boost weekend? Nope..... Going to have fun with my friends killing Volge. What I am going to do is wonder about Trion's thinking, and quite frankly the thinking of some of the members in this forum.... as I believe you have your heads in the same orifice.

Have a good one.

No you aren't wrong for wanting one. What's wrong is acting like you deserved this specific one and that no one else might have wanted the Dodge Challenge weekend. As I've said-it makes more sense to have a loot boost AFTER the DLC drops and it's one weekend later quite possibly based upon the past bonus weekends. Something I actually took the time to look into.

However, this thread is based upon the idea that everyone wants a loot boost and no one wanted the Dodge weekend, nor an xp weekend and that is just BS. Using that logic, if I want something then I must be speaking for everyone because I WANT IT.

Asking for something is one thing, wanting it is fine, but acting like you deserve something specific when you want it is ridiculous. But it's how it goes here. Someone thinks because they want it, it should happen and that no one else wants something different from them.

As I also said there are many ways to get a lot of loot and I've even heard people complain they get too much loot. Several people in chat in my game even said they never pick up any white drops and I've read that on these forums. I don't take that to mean that's how everyone thinks, but some people do.

I don't expect them to give us a loot boost this weekend and then next weekend too but next weekend makes more sense and seems way more likely. And ask for it, don't act like they should just know you want it because you do.

I never said anyone was a bad guy but I do think believing that everyone thinks like you do, is not realistic.

Atticus Batman
08-16-2013, 02:37 PM
No you aren't wrong for wanting one. What's wrong is acting like you deserved this specific one and that no one else might have wanted the Dodge Challenge weekend. As I've said-it makes more sense to have a loot boost AFTER the DLC drops and it's one weekend later quite possibly based upon the past bonus weekends. Something I actually took the time to look into.

However, this thread is based upon the idea that everyone wants a loot boost and no one wanted the Dodge weekend, nor an xp weekend and that is just BS. Using that logic, if I want something then I must be speaking for everyone because I WANT IT.

Asking for something is one thing, wanting it is fine, but acting like you deserve something specific when you want it is ridiculous. But it's how it goes here. Someone thinks because they want it, it should happen and that no one else wants something different from them.

As I also said there are many ways to get a lot of loot and I've even heard people complain they get too much loot. Several people in chat in my game even said they never pick up any white drops and I've read that on these forums. I don't take that to mean that's how everyone thinks, but some people do.

I don't expect them to give us a loot boost this weekend and then next weekend too but next weekend makes more sense and seems way more likely. And ask for it, don't act like they should just know you want it because you do.

I never said anyone was a bad guy but I do think believing that everyone thinks like you do, is not realistic.

Not only that but it would NOT make sense for a bonus loot weakend this week. Next week AFTER the charge weapons are added to the pool makes more sense. However a scrip boost of some kind this weekend WOULD make sense.

TravelerX1
08-16-2013, 02:45 PM
Want to point out to me where I said I DESERVED one?
I believe the consensus among those that would have appreciated a loot boost, was that it would have been a better choice than the Dodge Challenger one considering it was a weekend leading up to a major DLC. One that will have us wanting for piles and ark salvage on release day.

I do realize that they are on a cycle (Didn't even need to look into it), and that we aren't due one until next week, but it would have also been nice (IN MY OPINION) if Trion had triggered it this weekend rather then next.

So let me restate this for Indra....

Some of us would have liked to have a loot boost weekend pre-DLC rather then the Dodge one, we the uncaring selfish few also realize that they are on a preset cycle, and that some people are happy to have the opportunity to get the 3 Dodge cars if they haven't already, and we also know that all of this extra loot would have been bothersome to a minority of players who are being forced to pick it up when it drops. That being said we recognize the right of all people to only voice opinions when they are held by all players of the community.

TravelerX1
08-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Not only that but it would NOT make sense for a bonus loot weakend this week. Next week AFTER the charge weapons are added to the pool makes more sense. However a scrip boost of some kind this weekend WOULD make sense.

Loot bonus is in effect not only a arc salvage bonus, but also a script bonus if you choose to sell the items to vendors.

I mean really guys?

WTF? LOL

BTW..... I never complained ONCE that there were XP weekends (Enjoyed those), or all of the other Dodge weekends (Dug those too).... I am talking about this sole single one....that some of us feel would have been better as a loot boost weekend.

Mclovin913010
08-16-2013, 02:55 PM
I know from my own experience with loot boost weekends, my friends and I tend to spend more money on bits. The loot boosts, in my opinion, are the easiest and fastest way to accrue ark salvage. More ark salvage, more keycodes, more chances to get legendaries.
Also, in my opinion, loot boost weekends seem more festive.

TravelerX1
08-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Thank you Mc Lovin for a Positive message of Loot Boost Weekends!
Hear that Trion...... More money from us if you flip that switch ;)

Festive..... I like that!

LOOT FOR THE PEOPLE!

WARDUKE
08-16-2013, 02:59 PM
When a player complains because X weekend event is happening instead of Y weekend event, that speaks volumes towards an entitlement mentality. My post two pages back was simply to be happy that there is a weekend event at all. Stop complaining about every little stinking thing that doesn't hold up to your personal standards. When I say "your", I am referring to those who complain and not one person specifically.

I am actually a bit shocked at how often they give on bonus xp/loot weekends in this game. Why bother purchasing an bonus pack if you know they are going to give it away..

I totally understand that there are many players who have collected all of the challengers, because they have been playing the game for so long. Yet, there are many players who are newer to the game who don't have them all or even one. In the time I've been here, I've seen two challenger weekends, counting this one. The first challenger weekend featured an across the board bonus do to server connection issues that happen earlier that week and they wanted to make it up to their player base. Had that connection issue not of happened, it would have been a straight challenger weekend with zero bonus, just like we have now.

I'd be willing to bet good scrip that these weekend events are on a rotation, as the last challenger weekend was around this time last month.

Honey and Vinegar had nothing to do with Trion and everything to do with player's attitudes on these boards.. Go to 4chan if you people are going to act like little children who didn't get the toy they wanted at christmas.

TravelerX1
08-16-2013, 03:04 PM
When a player complains because X weekend event is happening instead of Y weekend event, that speaks volumes towards an entitlement mentality.

No..... it speaks that we would rather have loot then challengers...... you guys need to remove the small branch like elements from your long term necessary breaks in the fecal downflow.

If i were to complain about everything that didn't meet my standards in this game I wouldn't get any time in to play.... which is what I am going to go do right now.

In fact I feel entitled to some boosts so I am going to buy some bits and provide it my own damn self.

And that is self empowerment.

Loot to the People!

Mclovin913010
08-16-2013, 03:06 PM
When a player complains because X weekend event is happening instead of Y weekend event, that speaks volumes towards an entitlement mentality. My post two pages back was simply to be happy that there is a weekend event at all. Stop complaining about every little stinking thing that doesn't hold up to your personal standards. When I say "your", I am referring to those who complain and not one person specifically.

I am actually a bit shocked at how often they give on bonus xp/loot weekends in this game. Why bother purchasing an bonus pack if you know they are going to give it away..

I totally understand that there are many players who have collected all of the challengers, because they have been playing the game for so long. Yet, there are many players who are newer to the game who don't have them all or even one. In the time I've been here, I've seen two challenger weekends, counting this one. The first challenger weekend featured an across the board bonus do to server connection issues that happen earlier that week and they wanted to make it up to their player base. Had that connection issue not of happened, it would have been a straight challenger weekend with zero bonus, just like we have now.

I'd be willing to bet good scrip that these weekend events are on a rotation, as the last challenger weekend was around this time last month.
How about when a person constantly complains about people complaining. What your take on that one Buzz Killjoy?

TravelerX1
08-16-2013, 03:08 PM
I would like to complain about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining about people complaining about loot boost weekends!

Damn, why am I still in here?
Defi is calling my name.

LFTP

Rakshasa
08-16-2013, 03:11 PM
I am actually a bit shocked at how often they give on bonus xp/loot weekends in this game.

Same here. Bonuses are far more of a rarity in most other MMOs I play -- usually in place for special events, holiday weekends, etc. I've thought for months that they were overdoing it in Defiance a bit, and that they ran the risk of getting people so used to it they started expecting them too often. I confess I did not anticipate people would actually start demanding certain bonuses, while being derisive about what special events were in place.

WARDUKE
08-16-2013, 03:19 PM
How about when a person constantly complains about people complaining. What your take on that one Buzz Killjoy?

I'd say it could be a compelling argument if it happened to be the majority of what that poster does. In my case, it's honestly not, as I post a lot more on these boards than complaining about bad behavior. Maybe you guys should reflect on the majority of your posts these last few weeks and see if you can say the same thing about your own behavior.

I do find it ironic that there are so much child-like behavior on the forums of a game rated mature. Name calling, really?

A mature conversation between adults is like winning the lottery around here. Yeah, it happens, but rarely..

Awesome Jeff
08-16-2013, 03:41 PM
How was I supposed to know you have been away from the game or when?.

You weren't, but the post you originally quoted started with "Well, every weekend since I started playing this game". Which is still true. I never said that it has been like that since the game started, how could I, but it's been that way _since i started playing it_
Anyway forget about that.

The bottom line in this matter is that alot of us have paid good money that would buy the Trion employees burgers for years to get extra inventory slots. If you can't fill up our 300+ extra slots ever two minutes then what are we supposed to do in the game?

If you hate loot, you hate the game!

Mclovin913010
08-16-2013, 03:57 PM
I'd say it could be a compelling argument if it happened to be the majority of what that poster does. In my case, it's honestly not, as I post a lot more on these boards than complaining about bad behavior. Maybe you guys should reflect on the majority of your posts these last few weeks and see if you can say the same thing about your own behavior.

I do find it ironic that there are so much child-like behavior on the forums of a game rated mature. Name calling, really?

A mature conversation between adults is like winning the lottery around here. Yeah, it happens, but rarely..

Actually I am a mature adult, and I don't get on the forums complaining about this and that. But from my experience with this game it is more lucrative to both player and Trion when there is a loot boost weekend. Typically players that I've encountered buy more bits during loot boost weekends. I understand that it isn't mandatory that Trion does this.

Another thing that I find interesting is that you think people suffer from a sense of entitlement for wanting more from the game they are playing. Seriously, are you Trions' resident psychotherapist or what? Telling people that they are this or that because they want as much as they can get from the game they paid for.That is entitlement, I mean really, who made you hall monitor?

Bud44
08-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Wow, feel entitled much?

Mclovin913010
08-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Right?! Apparently wanting a loot boost weekend makes players "entitled".

DarknessEyes PT
08-16-2013, 04:07 PM
the default loot should be +10%.
The bonus loot weekend should increase rarity by 25%, not quantity:
* if the enemy drops an white there is 25% chance that the item will become green.
* if the enemy drops an green there is 25% chance that the item will become blue.
* if the enemy drops an blue there is 25% chance that the item will become purple.

Mclovin913010
08-16-2013, 04:12 PM
I agree, that way you get the same amount of salvage and less clutter in inventory.

MaxSterling
08-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Honey and Vinegar had nothing to do with Trion and everything to do with player's attitudes on these boards.. Go to 4chan if you people are going to act like little children who didn't get the toy they wanted at christmas.
While I know who and what you were referring to, many people are disgruntled at Trion for various reasons. The same logic you apply to the posters on this forum could apply to Trion in dealing with those same forum posters who are understandably disgruntled for numerous reasons over the months. They have admitted themselves that things were handled wrong and are trying to do things better.

I personally don't care what is going on over the weekend... but it will effect how much time I will spend playing, and how often I'll try to hop back on if I get kicked over and over. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that does the same thing. I'm only interested in loot boosts. That's the only time it's worth pushing through all the issues and going through the tedious grind that most of the content has become.

NomadPhx
08-16-2013, 04:18 PM
i think it should be free dlc weekend with premium stuff free to all till monday!

a man can dream cant he? lol

Calysia
08-16-2013, 05:43 PM

I'm one of them...seldom pick up greens either.

WARDUKE
08-16-2013, 06:30 PM
I didn't actually start the entitlement tagging, but who cares. My true point here was to be thankful that there is any event at all.

skepticck
08-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Loot boost would be nice, but even better would be skill boost,
i need to lvl that damn BMG to 10 and its a real pain in the ...

Rakshasa
08-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Another thing that I find interesting is that you think people suffer from a sense of entitlement for wanting more from the game they are playing. Seriously, are you Trions' resident psychotherapist or what? Telling people that they are this or that because they want as much as they can get from the game they paid for.That is entitlement, I mean really, who made you hall monitor?

Nobody. Nor did anyone make others in the thread spokespeople for the player community. We're all just players and members posting our own individual opinions. And when people post "WE want this", "WE demand that", "your player base thinks this", "most people want this", "nobody cares about this other thing"... it does a couple of things. One of those things is to encourage players who don't happen to agree, and who don't think that way, to speak up and let it be known that the person speaking does not speak for them.

JPlay
08-16-2013, 07:07 PM
Agree!!!!!!

Calysia
08-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Nobody. Nor did anyone make others in the thread spokespeople for the player community. We're all just players and members posting our own individual opinions. And when people post "WE want this", "WE demand that", "your player base thinks this", "most people want this", "nobody cares about this other thing"... it does a couple of things. One of those things is to encourage players who don't happen to agree, and who don't think that way, to speak up and let it be known that the person speaking does not speak for them.

Well put!!

Indra Echo
08-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Well put!!

Yes, well put @Rakshasa.

And for all those that think no one wanted to do this challenge, guess what? A heck of a lot of players in the game are doing it. There was a steady stream of people in my game doing it tonight. And lots of people at the vendor near the challenge. Is this evidence that everyone wanted the Dodge Challenge? No, but it does say that at least some did.

Indra Echo
08-16-2013, 08:48 PM

The events do rotate. I went back and looked. And people do want to get the cars.

Some people want loot, some want xp, some want skill, and some want scrip. The issue always was one person thinking they speak for everyone. It's the way things seem to go-people just love to act like they're the only person playing the game and yet they want it to be more of an MMO. That doesn't mean ME ME ONLY.

And it was about the way it was presented. Post a thread that says "Can we get a loot bonus?" and that's no problem. But if I were Trion seeing a thread like this would not make me want to give anyone anything. It's not like they're asking you to eat poop but people are sure kind of acting like it.

I'm not saying anyone has to beg either but how about actually acting like decent people instead of constantly acting like Trion has ruined your lives. I understand the game has had problems but honestly (and sure I'll be labeled for this) nothing in my game has been as bad as all that. Going by the standards people are using, that must mean everyone has had the exact same experience as me. I know that's not true.

I actually did the Dodge Challenge, got the gold, got some scrip and all for doing it too. As the old saying goes, if someone gives you lemons, make lemonade. You can repeatedly do the challenge and keep getting scrip and salvage for doing it. You probably could get almost as much by doing it as you can if you had a loot boost, and you don't have to break anything down.

TravelerX1
08-17-2013, 09:47 AM
If everything was well and good with this game, there wouldn't be as many negative posts for Trion to have to read. THEY f'ed this game up. Now that I am invested and actually care about this game I am not going to shove my tongue in Trion's rectal crevice and pretend like everything is shiny happy - I call bullshtako by it's given name. Now Indra..... I think I am done reading your posts, if I wanted the Trion Fan Club newsletter, I would subscribe.

Stay positive, Keep talking like YOU represent the community, blow rainbows from your orifice, and keep getting that pro Trion Fanboy message out there...... Keep it Real and Loot For the PEOPLE!

BTW.... a post that reads "Can we get a loot boost?" would be equally ignored as this one by Trion.

Gomly
08-17-2013, 10:14 AM
considering that is what most people want (and many feel the drop rates should be closer to that all the time, not just on the weekends). Last weekend was the useless XP boost, and I can't imagine anyone still cares about this Dodge challenge stuff anymore.

I'd love to read your sources for this information.

That poll you took of every single player on all 3 platforms must have taken you quite awhile.

theLimper
08-17-2013, 10:15 AM
May seem sort of silly but what is this challenge?

garybusey
08-17-2013, 11:12 AM
It's just bad business to not have any boosts the weekend before DLC. A boost costs them nothing and if it were a loot boost everyone that I play with would have purchased both loot boosts available. So there losing a fan base AND real life money. While I agree some people want loot some want xp some want scrip and not 100% will be happy, but no new episode mission on Monday and no boosts for the weekend make defiance a very dull game a week before dlc launch.

Indra Echo
08-17-2013, 12:38 PM
If everything was well and good with this game, there wouldn't be as many negative posts for Trion to have to read. THEY f'ed this game up. Now that I am invested and actually care about this game I am not going to shove my tongue in Trion's rectal crevice and pretend like everything is shiny happy - I call bullshtako by it's given name. Now Indra..... I think I am done reading your posts, if I wanted the Trion Fan Club newsletter, I would subscribe.

Stay positive, Keep talking like YOU represent the community, blow rainbows from your orifice, and keep getting that pro Trion Fanboy message out there...... Keep it Real and Loot For the PEOPLE!

BTW.... a post that reads "Can we get a loot boost?" would be equally ignored as this one by Trion.

So this thread did nothing but achieve the effect of adding even more hostility to the world. Congratulations. If saying you're totally pissed off at some f'er has no effect other than to create an even more volatile or demoralizing situation, then why do it.

And to correct your first point. It is your opinion that Trion totally f'ed everything up but my opinion they did not. The difference is I'm not claiming I am speaking for anyone but myself and I point to examples of others that you and some in this thread think should be ignored.

I think you have totally ignored what anyone else has said and that's why you remain hostile and oppose any form of constructive discussion.

I've not pretended everything is shiny happy because that would be ignorant and I have never claimed that people have had no problems. Instead you have claimed or tried to assume that your experiences should be mine. They are not. You can also try to minimalize what I'm saying or actually try and contribute something instead of this "I'm pissed off listen to me" attitude. You want me to say the game sucks. I cannot say that and be truthful. You want me to agree that we should get what we want when we want it. I can't. I live in reality and not my own bubble.

My point has always been-people don't want to listen to you if you're telling them they stink and they're less inclined to do anything you'd like. Yet they do listen. And threads like this that are inflammatory would have been removed quickly on other sites where I've moderated-the fact that they do remain speaks volumes as to Trion's character. These types of threads also help to get real specific "I need help with a complaint" threads to get ignored and lost in the shuffle. So problems that might need immediate attention can't get that attention. And things you claim you care about can't get fixed as soon as they ought to.

Your post is about as bad as they get. I'm not claiming everything is sunny and happy, but I'd so much rather do that than be as hateful as you are. It's sad, really.

Indra Echo
08-17-2013, 12:47 PM
It's just bad business to not have any boosts the weekend before DLC. A boost costs them nothing and if it were a loot boost everyone that I play with would have purchased both loot boosts available. So there losing a fan base AND real life money. While I agree some people want loot some want xp some want scrip and not 100% will be happy, but no new episode mission on Monday and no boosts for the weekend make defiance a very dull game a week before dlc launch.

No it isn't. It's bad business to follow around the whims of fans with no real regard for others out there. Trion may well know that a lot of people have yet to complete the Dodge Challenge. They set bonus weekends on a schedule and are following it. It may well be that had they not done the Dodge thing this weekend there would be people on here demanding that too. I'm not claiming that I know a lot of people wanted it, but I've seen a lot of people doing that challenge.

It might be better business to have a boost weekend right after the DLC drops (so that people are encouraged to get the DLC and once they've had a chance to see what people think of it) so they can get extra stuff to help them buy the new weapons.

Still and all people are acting as if they can't do anything right now to build up their own stuff. Do the Challenge-you get scrip and salvage and it's far quicker than some of the other methods. The course may well be tough for some but it's possible with a little practice to do well enough to get some reward, even if you don't get gold.

Do other things for the scrip and salvage. Take some of those weapons out of the claims area in the Defiance store and get rid of them-maybe you'll have less lag if you unburden your character somewhat.

Head to Sutro Tower and blow up Dark Matter. Do as many Volge emergencies as you can. There are a lot of them and you get more than just a loot boost from them-you get xp, weapon xp, and other stuff.

Do Motherlode.

And use the perks for gear drops.

For all anyone knows on this forum, Trion may well have intended to provide some boosts right after the DLC dropped maybe even through the weekend after it dropped. It may well be that threads like this discourage that. And that's the kind of suggestion I would have made instead of creating a thread all mad at them for not having a loot boost weekend--create a boost week in honor of the DLC.

Indra Echo
08-17-2013, 12:52 PM
May seem sort of silly but what is this challenge?

It's the Paradise contract challenge. It's the Dodge Challenger Challenge. There's a time trial near Iron Demon (sort of) and if you get gold you get some Paradise points. The Paradise vendors sell different Challengers that you buy with Paradise rep and scrip. If you have enough rep already you don't need to do the time trial, but you do get stuff from doing the time trial too. It resets I think 3 times so even if you don't want the cars, you can get Paradise rep and the reward stuff.

TravelerX1
08-17-2013, 01:15 PM
So this thread did nothing but achieve the effect of adding even more hostility to the world. Congratulations. If saying you're totally pissed off at some f'er has no effect other than to create an even more volatile or demoralizing situation, then why do it.

And to correct your first point. It is your opinion that Trion totally f'ed everything up but my opinion they did not. The difference is I'm not claiming I am speaking for anyone but myself and I point to examples of others that you and some in this thread think should be ignored.

I think you have totally ignored what anyone else has said and that's why you remain hostile and oppose any form of constructive discussion.

I've not pretended everything is shiny happy because that would be ignorant and I have never claimed that people have had no problems. Instead you have claimed or tried to assume that your experiences should be mine. They are not. You can also try to minimalize what I'm saying or actually try and contribute something instead of this "I'm pissed off listen to me" attitude. You want me to say the game sucks. I cannot say that and be truthful. You want me to agree that we should get what we want when we want it. I can't. I live in reality and not my own bubble.

My point has always been-people don't want to listen to you if you're telling them they stink and they're less inclined to do anything you'd like. Yet they do listen. And threads like this that are inflammatory would have been removed quickly on other sites where I've moderated-the fact that they do remain speaks volumes as to Trion's character. These types of threads also help to get real specific "I need help with a complaint" threads to get ignored and lost in the shuffle. So problems that might need immediate attention can't get that attention. And things you claim you care about can't get fixed as soon as they ought to.

Your post is about as bad as they get. I'm not claiming everything is sunny and happy, but I'd so much rather do that than be as hateful as you are. It's sad, really.

Thanks Indra,
But again.......

Let me make something VERY Clear to you.....

I AM NOT SPEAKING FOR ANYONE BUT MYSELF. I believe that Trion has led this game away from what IT COULD HAVE BEEN to what it is now. Now again, let me state this.... The following is my own understanding of the situation and no one elses.... Trion could have done so much better then what we have in the game right now.

I have tried to stay positive, I really have, but as time goes on I am just getting more jaded and cynical about this game and Trion's management of it.

So with that I am done.
Have a nice life. Loot for the People

Indra Echo
08-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks Indra,
But again.......

I AM NOT SPEAKING FOR ANYONE BUT MYSELF. I believe that Trion has led this game away from what IT COULD HAVE BEEN to what it is now. Now again, let me state this.... The following is my own understanding of the situation and no one elses.... Trion could have done so much better then what we have in the game right now.

I have tried to stay positive, I really have, but as time goes on I am just getting more jaded and cynical about this game and Trion's management of it.

So with that I am done.

The OP was and yes you were stating that you were speaking for others as if that means everyone else. Your "loot for the people" is an expression of that.

I'm not saying a lot of people wouldn't want it but again where I would have focused my energies if I even really thought I needed a loot boost would have been in suggesting and drumming up support for a bonus boost week for the DLC drop.

By creating hostile threads, demanding things or complaining about totally optional (and yet preferable) actions on Trion's part, people are not helping anyone. All they are doing is inflaming and trying to get attention. The time spent on debating this could have been used in game to get enough loot to offset the need for any boost.

I never said people wouldn't want it. The OP said people didn't care about the Dodges and that everyone had already done that challenge. I stand by the statement that a lot of the time the hostility only achieves more hostility and not the seeming desired effect. The "I'm mad because I didn't get what I wanted" threads aren't meant to actually solve "the problem" at all. Misery loves company so it tries to spread itself as far as possible.

Ask for a loot or scrip boost week. Don't complain about what has been done-ask for what could be done.

TravelerX1
08-17-2013, 02:28 PM
The OP was and yes you were stating that you were speaking for others as if that means everyone else. Your "loot for the people" is an expression of that.

Sarcasm
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt."[1][2] In modern usage, the word "sarcasm" is commonly interpreted as involving irony,[3] or employs ambivalence,[4] but traditionally sarcasm was not necessarily irony.[5]

I will leave you to your ramblings. Just wanted to add that.
Loot to the People!

Strontium Dog
08-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Well due to these stupid so called limp events, ie Dodge chalenger speed event...im just about ready to uninstall.

Seriously 4 FOUR emergencies and one frikking arkfall all in the line of the race track. When you do get past them all then one gate till flag you get hellbug spawn under you and demount you from car!!

Just frakked off at this game right now because of just about every aspect of it.

Rasczak
08-18-2013, 05:05 PM
Thanks Indra,
But again.......

So with that I am done.

Hey, you can speak for me if you want. I agree with the quote. If you do it, I won't have to type it and can save time. :p

But a piece of advice? Ignore Indra. Every game has such a person. In the early days of DCUO's PC forums it was Longhorn Tex. In SWTOR (still) it is Andryah. And so forth.

EksTeaSea
08-19-2013, 07:49 AM

I'm not saying a lot of people wouldn't want it but again where I would have focused my energies if I even really thought I needed a loot boost would have been in suggesting and drumming up support for a bonus boost week for the DLC drop.

By creating hostile threads, demanding things or complaining about totally optional (and yet preferable) actions on Trion's part, people are not helping anyone. All they are doing is inflaming and trying to get attention. The time spent on debating this could have been used in game to get enough loot to offset the need for any boost.

I never said people wouldn't want it. The OP said people didn't care about the Dodges and that everyone had already done that challenge. I stand by the statement that a lot of the time the hostility only achieves more hostility and not the seeming desired effect. The "I'm mad because I didn't get what I wanted" threads aren't meant to actually solve "the problem" at all. Misery loves company so it tries to spread itself as far as possible.

Ask for a loot or scrip boost week. Don't complain about what has been done-ask for what could be done.

lets see .... most people play on the weekends... meaning more lag and other Random BS to interrupt our game play do to unstable servers.. Voice chat works 25% of the time for only 10% of the People Playing..not to mention we are saposed to have 5 DLCs in over the span of a year. Im not great at math but lets try this once... 5 DLC in 12 months that's almost 1 DLC every 2 months.. now how long has this game been out? seems to me that someone made a deal they are struggling to keep. keep in mind if my Horrible math is correct we will end up getting 2 DLCs in 1 month for them to keep there deadline.

Assasino
08-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Yes it does seem some people like the speed challenge weekend as i had seen a post and they sounded exited about it.
To me i never liked it from when it was first introduced. Bonus loot weekend on the other hand i love.
With all of the rage players have been having not sure why they keep adding the speed weekends more often then anything.
Speed Challenge weekend = continuous raged players
Bonus loot weekend = happy (er) players