PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Arkfall Contest winners!

GIJhen
08-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Defiance Arkhunters! The Children of Gallifrey clan needs your help. I have been selected as a finalist for the arkfall contest and I'm asking for your help to vote for me on facebook when the polls open up on the 26th!

~Daeminos

Arsenic_Touch
08-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Which is exactly why the contest was crap from the get go. I'm sorry but I'm not voting for anyone in the contest.

ironcladtrash
08-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Which is exactly why the contest was crap from the get go. I'm sorry but I'm not voting for anyone in the contest.

Seriously? Your clan won most of the contests and whether you mean to or not this makes you sound like a sore loser. Can't you just say congrats and let it be?

Congrats Daeminos/GIJhen .

Arsenic_Touch
08-17-2013, 07:08 AM
Seriously? Your clan won most of the contests and whether you mean to or not this makes you sound like a sore loser. Can't you just say congrats and let it be?

Congrats Daeminos/GIJhen .

We opted out of this contest for a reason because instead of being based on merit and actions, it's based on a popularity voting system on facebook. I'm sorry you feel I'm being a sore loser because that's far from the case, I am simply expressing my displeasure for the way they handled the contest. Out of principal I will not be congratulating anyone or voting for anyone. Not to mention he's pretty much soliciting votes on the forum. It's nothing personal against anyone who actually took place in the contest but Trion needs to rethink how they go about these things.

LITTLE B1RD
08-17-2013, 07:29 AM
Happened upon this thread while perusing forum.

I don't play on pc, (yet), and don't know about this "contest", but I'm going to have to side with Arsenic on this one.

Doesn't seem like much of a "contest" if it all boils down to "who can get votes".

Also, it seems like every "contest", or other "incentive" I see online anymore, is linked to some form of "social media". It seems those of us that don't want a FB, or other social media account, lose out on some opportunities.

Arsenic_Touch
08-17-2013, 07:32 AM
Happened upon this thread while perusing forum.

I don't play on pc, (yet), and don't know about this "contest", but I'm going to have to side with Arsenic on this one.

Doesn't seem like much of a "contest" if it all boils down to "who can get votes".

Also, it seems like every "contest", or other "incentive" I see online anymore, is linked to some form of "social media". It seems those of us that don't want a FB, or other social media account, lose out on some opportunities.

For a month they had people do major arkfalls, the top 10 players with the most would be put on facebook to be voted on, then that number would be like reduced to 5 I think it was and then it would be voted on by someone at Trion.

August Barkley
08-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Anyone can create 1,000 accounts on Facebook and vote for themselves. So do not waste your time! :)

ironcladtrash
08-17-2013, 08:19 AM
We opted out of this contest for a reason because instead of being based on merit and actions, it's based on a popularity voting system on facebook. I'm sorry you feel I'm being a sore loser because that's far from the case, I am simply expressing my displeasure for the way they handled the contest. Out of principal I will not be congratulating anyone or voting for anyone. Not to mention he's pretty much soliciting votes on the forum. It's nothing personal against anyone who actually took place in the contest but Trion needs to rethink how they go about these things.

I believe the reason Trion did the contest this way was because a ton of people complained that they didn't have a chance to win the others, probably because your clan won so much. I didn't care because either way your guys meticulously planned it out and executed well. This contest way gave more people a chance to win. This was a case of Trion being damned if they do and damned if they didn't

The next contest they could just draw names from a hat and people would complain about them not using the right kind of hat.

Fine if you’re not happy with how this contest was done but why not just let the winners enjoy their win instead of jumping in to disrupt the fun. When the core players won they were also attacked or the contest itself was complained about on the forums and the net. I was hoping to not see the same behavior.

Sorry for the thread jack OP.

Strontium Dog
08-17-2013, 08:46 AM
First contest, waste of time cause clans just dominate and reduce the whole thing to a farce.

Second contest, waste of time due to same reason except this time they throw in who has the most "friends" ie who spams the internet looking for like minded friends collectors.

These contests arent really any good done either way. Who cares if 10 million jimmys and joes vote for arkhunter X because it still doesn't make them worthy of it .

How about just picking a time for EU server and NA server, pick two people, one from each server that played during the specified time and be done with.

Or have a legendary drop style thing. The one who gets it would be totally random (as much as random can be anyway) according to the RNG.

Arsenic_Touch
08-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Anyone can create 1,000 accounts on Facebook and vote for themselves. So do not waste your time! :)

That never occurred to me, but it's a good point. Completely forgot about people rigging the contest.

Billy Guile
08-17-2013, 09:04 AM
CORE and Arsenic have way more clout for a bs contest like this to win it, no hands down. most of those people are dedicated gamers who could put in the time and effort to win with ease. Simple as that.

but i love me some doctor who fans, so good luck, OP.

Sanguinesun
08-17-2013, 02:27 PM
That never occurred to me, but it's a good point. Completely forgot about people rigging the contest.

Technically advertising for people to vote for you across even other sites and venues with people with no vested interest in the game or show is no different really. Its like bringing in a bus load of european tourists to vote a political voting booth.