PDA

View Full Version : I noticed something that was off...

Mess7739
08-16-2013, 08:57 PM
I was at Bloodbath Turnout and noticed 3 new NPCs there that allow you to enter the Co-Ops, PvP, and Shadow War games. You can easily just join matches by popping up the menu instead of traveling to them. Is that option being removed from the menu and players will only be able to join using these NPCs? Why? If that is the case then is that their only purpose or are they kind of like the NPCs in certain missions and help you by fighting beside you during these matches? Also the 3 NPCs are attracting all the Mutant spawns from the plaza, which is a little ways before you reach Bloodbath Turnout, the Mutants kill the NPCs and the NPCs just revive to be killed again, the NPCs don't even fight back. Was this intentional or is it a bug and the NPCs are supposed to fight back, protecting players when they access the venders?

GiantInMaine
08-16-2013, 09:23 PM
I was at Bloodbath Turnout and noticed 3 new NPCs there that allow you to enter the Co-Ops, PvP, and Shadow War games. You can easily just join matches by popping up the menu instead of traveling to them. Is that option being removed from the menu and players will only be able to join using these NPCs? Why? If that is the case then is that their only purpose or are they kind of like the NPCs in certain missions and help you by fighting beside you during these matches? Also the 3 NPCs are attracting all the Mutant spawns from the plaza, which is a little ways before you reach Bloodbath Turnout, the Mutants kill the NPCs and the NPCs just revive to be killed again, the NPCs don't even fight back. Was this intentional or is it a bug and the NPCs are supposed to fight back, protecting players when they access the venders?

lol sounds kind of funny but imagine it will get annoying after a while hope they fix it. I'm sure they are just there to let newer players know about those different pvp options they surely won't fight beside you.

Dracian
08-16-2013, 10:29 PM
I was at Bloodbath Turnout and noticed 3 new NPCs there that allow you to enter the Co-Ops, PvP, and Shadow War games. You can easily just join matches by popping up the menu instead of traveling to them. Is that option being removed from the menu and players will only be able to join using these NPCs? Why? If that is the case then is that their only purpose or are they kind of like the NPCs in certain missions and help you by fighting beside you during these matches?

The Matchmaking menu was still accessible either via the EGO Wheel, either via keyboard shortcuts (default : F7 for PvP, N for Coop), either via the quick menu.

I think these NPCs are mostly here to "advertise" about the fact that there are other things to do than Arkhunting. Many players don't know/think about it, especially in the beginning.

Tekrunner
08-17-2013, 12:38 AM
Every time there has been a big influx of new players (steam sale, free weekend, etc.), I've invariably seen several people stand confused in the middle of a shadow war, asking on area chat how to join it. The sad part for them is that area chat is disabled when you're in a shadow war, so they never got any answer. I'm guessing these Echelon mercs are here to make it easier for new players to join these game modes even if they don't know / remember about the quick menu.

As a little side-effect, it almost makes the map look less empty. I know it's artificial, but still. Along that same line of thoughts, maybe Trion should add a new type of markers on the map, to indicate conflict sites. They could show a short description of the mission as well as the rewards. Maybe that would also encourage players to re-run these missions more often.

Arsenic_Touch
08-17-2013, 05:49 AM
The NPCs are there as a quick menu, if you noticed on your map there were new quick button icons around some of the fast travel points that when clicking automatically brought the window up. Now this was a brilliant change. What they need to do is add more quick icons like that to the map screen for the rest of the windows, that way you never have to use that clunky ego wheel again. It's just a point and click interface like you'd expect on the pc.

Arisax
08-17-2013, 06:07 AM
they should add NPCs wich introduces to all the feautures that the game(like most MMORPGS out there has),such as co-op missions,PVP and shadown wars and a clear explanation to them ,objectives and rewards given,i also was so confused about shadow wars the very first time i entered the game and didnt knew what to do or where to go