PDA

View Full Version : Shield break/down/recharging ????

SackOfWine
08-17-2013, 05:51 AM
Ok so shields have their different classes. Can someone explain to me exactly what it means when the explanation says break/down/recharging.

Heres what My guess is. I would love a dev answer but its not gna happen so ill ask u all to correct me if im wrong.

Break - as soon as shield gets damaged or completely depleted. I would like to know which.

Recharging - when shield is damaged even a little an is waiting for regeneration is what makes most sense.

Down - When shield is completely depleated.

Olaf
08-19-2013, 09:03 AM
not sure on this, the logical explanation is what you have said however, I have a respark survivor that is suppose to restore self revive on shield break but it only ever happens when the shield is completely depleted.

alienstookmybeer
08-19-2013, 09:08 AM
I think it's considered broken as soon as it hits zero and no longer protects your health (the blue bar is completely wiped out). I've never seen or heard anything that contradicts that.

Olaf
08-19-2013, 09:13 AM
I think it's considered broken as soon as it hits zero and no longer protects your health (the blue bar is completely wiped out). I've never seen or heard anything that contradicts that.

I suppose it could also be considered shield down when the shield is not totally full.

DarknessEyes PT
08-19-2013, 09:16 AM
Break - The moment when shield gets completely depleted. 100% sure on this one.
Recharging - When shield is regenerating.
Down - When shield is completely depleted.

Olaf
08-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Break - The moment when shield gets completely depleted. 100% sure on this one.
Recharging - When shield is regenerating.
Down - When shield is completely depleted.

so effectively shield down and break are the same?

Maitreakow
08-19-2013, 09:20 AM
so effectively shield down and break are the same?

I believe "Break" is only that one moment when it actually becomes depleted. "Down" is what it remains until it starts to "Recharge".

WARDUKE
08-19-2013, 09:20 AM
A "break" is the moment the shield fails and "down" is the effect of "break". Basically, "break" only lasts a split second, while "down" will maintain for a minimum of your shield recharge delay time.

Olaf
08-19-2013, 09:22 AM
A "break" is the moment the shield fails and "down" is the effect of "break". Basically, "break" only lasts a split second, while "down" will last a minimum of three seconds.

Right now that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the clarification guys =). I went from 0 - 5000 ego believing shield break means the moment it breaks and is not completely full.

Maitreakow
08-19-2013, 09:23 AM
A "break" is the moment the shield fails and "down" is the effect of "break". Basically, "break" only lasts a split second, while "down" will last a minimum of three seconds.

Well 2.4 sec, but who's counting...

WARDUKE
08-19-2013, 09:25 AM
I actually fixed that sentence right after I posted to address different shields :P

Not that it mattered, as the question was answered a few times on this thread. haha

Maitreakow
08-19-2013, 09:28 AM
I actually fixed that sentence right after I posted to address different shields :P

LOL, no worries. Just giving ya a hard time :)

JxSiN
08-19-2013, 11:17 AM
Dang, I was at an appointment and everybody beat me to the answer :(

But yeah, break is the moment the shield hits empty. Depleted is whenever it is empty. Recharging is when the shield is regenerating. So basically, charger shields are worthless on shields that have a 70%+ recharge. :p