PDA

View Full Version : High Speed Challenge Times, they get changed/adjusted?

Chevota
08-17-2013, 09:01 AM
So my question/comment has to do with Completed Times being changed and/or adjusted.

I completed Madera the 1st time around. My time was 4:42 that Friday afternoon (like, 7/26 was the date i think?). Well i woke that Saturday morning to find clanmates talking about how I had assumed the #1 spot for the Trial. I thought this couldnt be. I knew my time was 4:42, and that there were at least 3 times of 4:39 posted when i left that Friday...

To my surprise: Not only had my time been changed/adjusted to 4:40/41 (i forget), but the 3 previous leads of :39 had also been changed/adjusted, and i was now #1 on the leaderboard.

I had since been bumped to #3 where it stayed until yesterday, and even sooner since, has been pushed off the board. Now, I havent gotten back on to check today, but, if my time/others times have been changed/adjust, i might just lose my **** and give up any thoughts of Leaderboards making any kind of sense what so ever.

I mean it would be quite interesting to know if the game auto-changes/adjusts times based on lag, and seeing some people's times are true, and others arent.

BTW: when i complete the High Speed Challenge now, im a constant 4:40. I cant seem to break into :39... Now let me go log in and see :37-:39 somewhere for my time lmfao.

EDIT ~ Times have been changed/adjusted again... I logged off, there was a 4:37, 4:38, 4:39 in the top 3... Theres now no 4:37, and 3rd is 4:40 (someone else, but still a :40)... I dont know...

Aternak
08-17-2013, 12:28 PM
The leaderboard shows per world instance/shard, and changes as you get placed in different shards when zoning around the game.

Chevota
08-18-2013, 11:21 AM
I dont think thats the case with the High Speed Challenge, im pretty sure its Console-wide, not based on phase.. I keep seeing the same names, so I doubt people are re-phasing just to add thier name to every top-3 on 360 NA...

And if that were the case, i certainly wouldnt have gotten on the exact same phase 2 weeks later to see just my time.

Btw, the 2 4:37's that were posted as of last early evening (last time i checked), have been removed. now 2 4:39's and a 4:40.

~I could be wrong and perhaps it is phased, IDK, and probably wont get an answer for awhile since its the weekend.

LJ Eden
08-18-2013, 01:15 PM
It is phase based. I've seen my rank on certain time trials drop from first to third, and then bounce back to first place the next day.

Your scores are not phase based, but follow you from phase to phase and the ranks shown are based on who is in the phase at that time.

That last bit is a theory anyway, based on observable phenomena.