PDA

View Full Version : Heads up tips for the incoming DLC

nitroz76
08-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Okay, I think we should cover this for the players who have yet to play or see the DLC.

These tips are going to help you become more effective and win when the DLC hits, and your teammates could appreciate it.

First off, ark salvage.
Save every bit you can. Breakdown useless weapons into ark salvage. Stop using it for keycodes (they will become more plentiful and a bit less useful when the patch hits). Why am I saying this? Because when those sieges hit, you will need all of it for upgrading those turrets!

Volge sieges will be like the zombie sieges, but the objectives will be arktech and 3 turrets will be surrounding each arktech. When the objective is taken over, the turrets will go offline until you take the objective back.
UPGRADE THOSE TURRETS AS MUCH AS YOU CAN WHENEVER YOU CAN! They can do miracles helping you kill the volge, because they can become a bit tricky when they start spawning closer and in more numbers. (Sometimes, they can spawn right next to the arktech)

Next, dark matter arkfalls. Most will have terminals that will surround a scrapper like arkfall, but the arktech will glow green and these terminals will absorb this energy. When a terminal is fully charged, it can be activated to give you super powers. (Basically charge and blur ego powers on steroids, and the ability to reload faster with a much stronger shield that can recharge super fast) and you can use these powers to defeat the dark matter. But be warned because dark matter can use these powers too and even their bulwarks can get the boost (once the bulwarks do, you better run). Always try to make it to the terminals first. And if it's all clear, try to wait to get as many teammates next to the terminal as you can because they can get the superpowers too!

And lastly, weapons and mods.
the useless lmg is about to become the next beast, so stock up on them and put as many usefull mods on them you can because almost all weapons will not have all mod slots avalible anymore. Stock up on conversions, mag expansions, barrel mods, stock mods and EQUIP THESE MODS BEFORE THE PATCH ARRIVES, because after the patch arrives, you may not be able to apply these mods if the slots have been closed.

A s0t
08-17-2013, 11:42 AM
no mod slots like you can't even add them? when there no little boxes you can still add the mod slots

MaxSterling
08-17-2013, 12:05 PM
And lastly, weapons and mods.
the useless lmg is about to become the next beast, so stock up on them and put as many usefull mods on them you can because almost all weapons will not have all mod slots avalible anymore. Stock up on conversions, mag expansions, barrel mods, stock mods and EQUIP THESE MODS BEFORE THE PATCH ARRIVES, because after the patch arrives, you may not be able to apply these mods if the slots have been closed.
I have to believe that this is because you guys had to start all over. I believe that currently every 400 EGO unlocked one more mod slot, so we didn't have 4 open mod slots until EGO 1600-2000. That probably changes for 2000-5000, but I think that's what happened when they started over.

I'll be surprised if we can't unlock more slots.

Terrato137
08-17-2013, 12:08 PM
zombie sieges

I miss these ._.

Valaska
08-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Yeah can we get a mention about mod slots locking??

Sanguinesun
08-17-2013, 12:33 PM
I miss these ._.

We'll see them back as part of DLC number 2 I imagine:rolleyes:

Valaska
08-17-2013, 12:36 PM
We'll see them back as part of DLC I imagine:rolleyes:

No, I'm done with Afflicted, screw'em!

Sanguinesun
08-17-2013, 01:09 PM
No, I'm done with Afflicted, screw'em!

Sorry I realized after I posted it that I'd forgot to refer to it as dlc 2. I was trying to sarcastically state that I expect current content repackaged as the cores to upcoming DLC's due to the lack of, and continued dwindling, resources for the game.:p

InfamousBrad
08-17-2013, 02:42 PM
I feel the exact opposite about hoarding salvage. Yes, you spend ark salvage to upgrade turrets during sieges, but I always end up with a net gain, because Volge drop a lot of ark salvage when killed. In the mean time, the salvage cost to modify weapons has plummeted. But scrip suddenly becomes valuable because (a) the best-quality items on the Thorn Liro story cost 250 kSc and (b) all level 2 synergy mods are now sold on vendors for 6 kSc each.

I agree with you about upgrading the siege turrets. It is probably not possible to get to 20k points, and the highest level reward box, without upgrading the turrets -- the more radiation effect they apply to the Volge, the more damage per second your weapons do.

With regard to Dark Matter arkfalls, the single most important tip I have to offer is under no, and I mean no, circumstances should you allow Dark Matter to get to any fully charged EGO-upgrade terminal. If it has a green vertical line shooting out of the top of it, and there are any Dark Matter, and you can get there before they do, trigger it! Even if you don't need it, even if there is nobody around you, do NOT let them upgrade themselves. A team of un-glowing ark hunters versus a bunch of green-glowing Elite Monitors and Elite Bulwarks is the most painful experience in the whole game, and if you let it come to that, they're not unlikely to camp those terminals and keep you out. Do it to them instead. That being said, if there are no Dark Matter around one and other players are running towards it, wait for them to get there, but still, shaft your fellow players if that's what it takes to keep Dark Matter from getting close to a fully charged terminal.

During Volge Sieges, resist the urge to solo or hotdog, move from point to point as a swarm. You get more points that way, and no, turrets don't have to be re-upgraded if you lose and then re-take a control point. If you die, respawn; it's free and the respawn points are actually well placed.Also, be aware that any time after about phase 3, Elite Volge Bombers tend to camp the highest point around and must be killed as fast as humanly (or Votanly) possible, because they rain unholy AoE death every couple of seconds and it will spawn as many of them as there are control points in play. If the unholy pink rain of death is fired at you, your only hope is (a) roll at the exact second it is about to hit you and (b) hope that a couple of people are spamming AoE healing BMGs.

I found that the panic about the SAW nerf was unwarranted, especially since the Toolworks vendor purple Frontier SAW is only barely nerfed at all. (Yes, the starter Machinist Gun has been nerfed into oblivion. It's the exception.) That being said, make sure that the first time you get anywhere near a Volge Siege, you pick up the side mission on your way in. (Sorry, I forget the mission name.) After the siege, follow the directions on your screen to collect a green Volge something-or-other LMG, which will fill the hole in your heart left by the SAW nerf, it is very nearly the gods' own perfect gun and I can't imagine how much fun the purple and orange ones (top level rewards for sieges) are.

nitroz76
08-17-2013, 03:18 PM
I have to believe that this is because you guys had to start all over. I believe that currently every 400 EGO unlocked one more mod slot, so we didn't have 4 open mod slots until EGO 1600-2000. That probably changes for 2000-5000, but I think that's what happened when they started over.

I'll be surprised if we can't unlock more slots.

I'm not sure how that works, but i remember seeing all 4 at 600-800 ego.
But this is a just in case!

nitroz76
08-17-2013, 03:21 PM
no mod slots like you can't even add them? when there no little boxes you can still add the mod slots

i didn't have the option to add them

Tekrunner
08-17-2013, 03:59 PM
Nothing has changed for mod slots, except that it is now much, much cheaper to open them. So if you're planning to open slots on some of your weapons, wait until Tuesday. I know what I'm talking about, I opened a ton of mod slots on the test server and spent most of my scrip on mods.

The OP is right about turrets though. These things are very powerful, but only work as long as you're controlling the ark reactor nearby. So recapture lost points as soon as possible, to make the turrets come back online.

A s0t
08-17-2013, 04:44 PM
i didn't have the option to add them
what is your ego level?

Mr LightningBolt
08-17-2013, 06:38 PM
im already prepared. My legendary CB is waiting

CyrusKhane
08-17-2013, 06:53 PM
I can already see turrets being ignored cause nobody wants to use their salvage.

If you lose the capture point, do the turrets reset? Like, do you have to upgrade them again?

Rakshasa
08-17-2013, 07:58 PM
I can already see turrets being ignored cause nobody wants to use their salvage.

There will always be people who know what they're doing that won't ignore them. Getting and keeping those turrets active and upgraded is the key to generating bonus xp for the turret kills, and keeping as many Volge as possible debuffed with radiation to increase all dps against them. Rad debuffs + coordinated, focused fire = better siege results for everyone.

It's totally worth the trouble, and if the costs are the same as on alpha test, it's honestly not that much salvage, especially considering the huge drop in salvage costs for a lot of salvage matrix tasks.

curriepowda
08-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Does buying and or upgrading turrets put you in better standing on leaderbord ?

Tekrunner
08-18-2013, 12:24 AM
If you lose the capture point, do the turrets reset? Like, do you have to upgrade them again?

No, however Volges will sometimes damage them, in which case it costs 100 ark salvage to repair them. Visceras and Elite Visceras in particular tend to do that.

Pasha
08-18-2013, 04:09 AM
> the useless lmg

Which one of them - disruptor or Thunder?

nitroz76
08-18-2013, 05:08 AM

no. it's a one time upgrade.

nitroz76
08-18-2013, 05:09 AM
Does buying and or upgrading turrets put you in better standing on leaderbord ?

it will help you get more assists and points in that regard.

Dracian
08-18-2013, 05:16 AM
During Volge Sieges, resist the urge to solo or hotdog, move from point to point as a swarm. You get more points that way, and no, turrets don't have to be re-upgraded if you lose and then re-take a control point. If you die, respawn; it's free and the respawn points are actually well placed.Also, be aware that any time after about phase 3, Elite Volge Bombers tend to camp the highest point around and must be killed as fast as humanly (or Votanly) possible, because they rain unholy AoE death every couple of seconds and it will spawn as many of them as there are control points in play. If the unholy pink rain of death is fired at you, your only hope is (a) roll at the exact second it is about to hit you and (b) hope that a couple of people are spamming AoE healing BMGs.

While I agree with most of what you say, Brad, I disagree with the "everyone" on one point tactic. It's actually better (score wise) to split to defend all points than regrouping on one and then reconquer the ones lost (more time consuming, you wont be able to go past wave 7 or 8 this way).

DarknessEyes PT
08-18-2013, 05:20 AM
Your completely wrong about the ark salvage...
If you spend your ark salvage to upgrade/repair turrets ALL PLAYERS get the same amount of score from turrets...
So why should i use my ark salvage to upgrade them if you and other will do it for me?

Yrkul
08-18-2013, 05:55 AM
If you spend your ark salvage to upgrade/repair turrets ALL PLAYERS get the same amount of score from turrets...
So why should i use my ark salvage to upgrade them if you and other will do it for me?

For the greater good.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iLK12Z3BHNM/UVxQyqVBCvI/AAAAAAAAVmQ/qbuxnMfPtaw/s1600/Tau_pathfinder_team_by_slipgatecentral.jpg

curriepowda
08-18-2013, 11:10 AM
How much ark salvage does it cost to buy , upgrade, and repair turrets?

MaxSterling
08-18-2013, 11:14 AM
How much ark salvage does it cost to buy , upgrade, and repair turrets?From the videos, it looked like the turrets had 3 stages of upgrades costing 500, 1000, and 1500 Ark Salvage... or something like that.

Terrato137
08-18-2013, 11:46 AM
I like this thread, very informative about the new stuff since I can't do the testing. Actually been looking forward to sieges. This game needs more group effort things.

InfamousBrad
08-18-2013, 01:44 PM

I don't remember the exact amounts, but it's not that much salvage. But fine, let them ignore it -- I'll help myself to the free points, and the extra looted salvage, for the damage my fully upgraded turrets do. Seriously: the cost to fully upgrade all of them is spare change, and I ended up with a net gain in salvage after every siege.

As someone else has already said, if the Volge capture a control point the turrets will temporarily turn off. When you recapture it, they'll turn back on and have the same buffs they had when they were turned off.

N7_Legion
08-18-2013, 01:51 PM

This is somewhat correct.

Siege Master already explained how this worked. He stated that, if a turret gets the kill, the points for the kill are split up and distributed to any player who had previously done damage to that enemy. If you really want me to find the original post, I will.

Although I do remember occurrences where clan members said they got turret kill points without even firing their weapons or upgrading turrets, so this mechanic might be broken.

Dracian
08-18-2013, 04:03 PM

Dunno... Maybe because without them you won't be able to go past wave 7 and thus scoring more than 20k ? If you really miss AS, you should consider participating to an Hellbug Uprising Arkfall : upon death, the Hellion grants 3000 AS, split in 4 loots around the nest...

How much ark salvage does it cost to buy , upgrade, and repair turrets?

There's no need to buy them.

1st upgrade : 500 AS : "Adds Radiation weapon effect and increase HP"
2nd upgrade : 1000 AS : "Increase base damage and radiation effect"
3rd upgrade : 1500 AS : "Massive increase to radiation effect"

We didn't have any clarification or numerical values about HPs, radiation effect or base damage. However, the least I can say is that you clearly see a difference when there are turrets and when there are none.

Repairing the turret costs only 100 AS knowing that it is rare to see turrets destroyed if there are players guarding the point : Volge focus on players first, not on turrets.