PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Key Commands/ Key Binding setups?

imadot
03-31-2013, 01:25 PM
Can we get the Key commands early for the game so that I/we can setup Our Razers and Nostromo's in advance please??? Or a link if they are already available ?

Thanks!

Valethar
03-31-2013, 01:30 PM
You're going to have issues if you change the keys in the games settings. They still can't figure out how to make the key binds and graphics settings stick when you change them.

WASD is still general movement.

Space is situational, depending on what you're doing. If you're on foot, you jump, if you're in a vehicle, it's the hand brake, if you're in a menu screen of some sort, it brings up the menu wheel.

1 is your main EGO power. 2 and 3 are your primary/secondary weapons.

G is grenade

E is your context action key. Opening doors, vendors, etc.. picking up loot, reviving players.

F is melee

C is the character screen, unless it's been changed again.

Those are the ones I recall right off the top of my head anyway. :)

Senel
03-31-2013, 01:33 PM
Shift is to sprint as well as boost in vehicles.
Left Alt i believe is to roll/evade
L bring up your equip screen

And i had remembered more until i started typing lol

Suikoden
03-31-2013, 01:33 PM
Most important is Alt: roll. I am changing rolling to space and jump to alt.

imadot
03-31-2013, 01:34 PM
No no wasnt going to change the keys in the game. I was going to "program" my Razer gear for the game. Thanks for the info in any case ; )

Senel
03-31-2013, 01:35 PM
He's macroing not rebinding omg hacks! (joke)
lol i like the use of the word program in his post.

Valethar
03-31-2013, 01:37 PM
No no wasnt going to change the keys in the game. I was going to "program" my Razer gear for the game. Thanks for the info in any case ; )

I know, I just figured I'd warn you in case you have a specific setup you like to use when binding the commands to the device like I do. :) Easier to remember if you use similar actions across games.

Jim1066
03-31-2013, 01:53 PM
WASD to move
Mouse 1 to shoot
Mouse 2 to zoom
Shift to sprint
Alt to roll/evade
1 to use EGO ability
G to throw a grenade
F to melee hit
Q to swap weapon
R to reload
C to crouch
Space Bar to jump (opens the wheel in menu)
E to use an object or mount/dismount your vehicle
V to call your vehicle
L to open Loadout screen
K to open EGO grid
M for the map
N for the PvP match making
I for your Inventory
Important one here - F6 look for the Key symbol up top for Account, and top left to exit game. Took me forever to find that.

Edit:
When on your ATX or Quad, hold Space, W and either A or D for super cool donut fun, and hit shift to make em bigger. I had hours of fun just doing donuts. I'm so easily amused.

Avenger
03-31-2013, 01:57 PM
I prefer RDFG to WASD so I'll spend a few minutes going through and rebinding just about everything.

Having preloaded I was kinda hoping I could atleast get to options menu, but alas we must wait for the servers to be available before getting that far!

ironhands
03-31-2013, 02:01 PM
duplicate post

imadot
03-31-2013, 02:13 PM
TYVM Guys!!!!

Valethar
03-31-2013, 02:23 PM
I prefer RDFG to WASD so I'll spend a few minutes going through and rebinding just about everything.

Having preloaded I was kinda hoping I could atleast get to options menu, but alas we must wait for the servers to be available before getting that far!

Yup, they're being stupid and keeping the settings on the server instead of local to the user. Probably why they won't save properly.

Arkman31
03-31-2013, 02:23 PM
TYVM Guys!!!!

Suikoden
03-31-2013, 02:27 PM
TYVM Guys!!!!

That'll be 2200 gold...wait...wrong game.

Valethar
03-31-2013, 02:54 PM
That'll be 2200 gold...wait...wrong game.

4 million quatloos (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Quatloo) please!

Shawnchapp
03-31-2013, 02:58 PM
You're going to have issues if you change the keys in the games settings. They still can't figure out how to make the key binds and graphics settings stick when you change them.

I didn't have that problem at all granted the only key change i remember making was dodge to mouse 3. But all my setting/graphics saved my changes without a problem....