PDA

View Full Version : WTF is going on with the High Speed Challenge?

zambeezi
08-18-2013, 06:29 AM
The markers dissapear...
My car explodes in the middle of the road...
My car stops in the middle of the road and does not move at all...
Trucks randomly spawn in front of me resulting in any one of the above...
Then go and add at least 5 emergencies in the middle of the course...

I have now tried 6 times in a row, no joy. I've rebooted many times, still no luck!

The challenge is not just to get Gold but to get the damn thing to work... ;)

SHADOWBROKER
08-18-2013, 10:08 AM
yeah the track they give you for these races always suck. try'n is not the sharpest when it come to that. they should take the dodge crap out.

DeL1I
08-18-2013, 10:12 AM
The markers dissapear...
My car explodes in the middle of the road...
My car stops in the middle of the road and does not move at all...
Trucks randomly spawn in front of me resulting in any one of the above...
Then go and add at least 5 emergencies in the middle of the course...

I have now tried 6 times in a row, no joy. I've rebooted many times, still no luck!

The challenge is not just to get Gold but to get the damn thing to work... ;)

That's why they call that car "dodge" :p

StormRaging
08-18-2013, 10:24 AM
It is definitely ridiculous how many random events you run into while racing. One Monarch in the middle of the road and it's over.

born2beagator
08-18-2013, 11:29 PM
and don't even try to do it in a prime gameplay time as the game will often add 5 seconds onto your finish time.

zambeezi
08-19-2013, 03:46 AM
I've given up on this one... can't wait for the next challenge!

Indra Echo
08-19-2013, 07:17 AM
and don't even try to do it in a prime gameplay time as the game will often add 5 seconds onto your finish time.
They fixed that. Time Trials don't do that anymore.

I did this challenge over the weekend-got gold 3 times. I'm not saying it's easy or that everyone can do it, but it is far better than it used to be and even with the obstacles it can be done.

Here are some things to do. If you screw up early on, get out of the vehicle and restart. If you run into a Monarch, kill it, get it out of the way-so equip good weapons, kill the Monarch, then restart. If the gates don't show up before the thing starts, get out of the vehicle and restart. This is one thing that will add instant time to the thing.

I didn't get gold every time but even if you get bronze you do get scrip and salvage and xp so it's not pointless to do it. When I first did this challenge (there have been 2 of them since then), it was all but impossible-the course was different but gates wouldn't spawn midway through the challenge or they wouldn't change color, my car would randomly blow up, landscape wouldn't spawn so a bridge I had to go over was invisible and I was floating in air, and it did add time to the end-so even when I beat it, I didn't. And emergencies were spawning right in front of gates so you couldn't even go around them.

That's not to say this is perfect but I must have done that first one over 300 times to finally get gold 3 times and get all the Challengers. I ranked up the car from 7 to 20 just by doing the challenge. This one is definitely better.

By the way, I got gold on this one even in the middle of an arkfall and with a Monarch on the track, and Volge wandering into the path. Again, not saying it's easy but it is about avoiding the obstacles.

N3gativeCr33p
08-19-2013, 07:21 AM
If the gates don't show up before the thing starts, get out of the vehicle and restart. This is one thing that will add instant time to the thing.

I had no idea that this was a factor until just now.