PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Eyefinity and Nvidia Surround Support

Xirn
03-31-2013, 02:17 PM
That's what I've read so far and I wasn't in beta so can't verify. But this being probably an Unreal Engine game it's so easy for the development team to enable this feature. (it's like a one day job, I'm also a games developer so I know) Also I would bet Nvidia and AMD would love to help out in enabling this.

Some other MMOs -which I won't name- have this option by default and when you have the setup for it, really adds to the game. Anyway I for one would love it if the devs think about implementing this feature. With such gorgeous graphics as this game has, it's a shame to not have it.

Cheers

HansKisaragi
03-31-2013, 02:19 PM
Eyefinity is the last thing they should worry about.-.

Plusy
03-31-2013, 02:20 PM
the beta was a poor console port so unless they want to **** on the pc community, they will deliver a worthy game that deserves to be on the PC platform.

Valethar
03-31-2013, 02:20 PM
I'd like an SLI profile to help load balance my cards. It may not add much as far as the game goes, but it definitely keeps the main card cooler since it won't have to do all of the work.

There was one workaround out there that used a profile for a different game, adding in some AA support, etc.. but it didn't work very well. If this were using the same client as Rift, I'd be tempted to duplicate that profile for Defiance and see how it worked.

Xirn
03-31-2013, 02:23 PM
Eyefinity is the last thing they should worry about.-.

I got the impression from your response that there is not even a proper gfx settings in the game?

Valethar
03-31-2013, 02:34 PM
I got the impression from your response that there is not even a proper gfx settings in the game?

Depends on your definition of proper I suppose.

Screen resolution
Refresh rate
Fullscreen (off/on)
Graphics quality (low/med/high)
Shadows (off/on)
Bloom (off/on)
Motion Blur (off/on)
Overscan slider
Gamma slider

No AA support. No multiple monitor support. No multiple GPU support.

Senel
03-31-2013, 02:35 PM
Hopefully they'll expand the config options on the PC and enable Nvidia support, etc.

Valethar
03-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Hopefully they'll expand the config options on the PC and enable Nvidia support, etc.

We've been asking for more robust graphics options for quite a while now. They've shown no interest in addressing the issue at all, so we're stuck with the graphics equivalent of crayons and construction paper for now.

Sweet Pea
03-31-2013, 02:54 PM
I really want eyefinity support, it would be nice, everyone that is against it, just mad they cant afford the setup.

Senel
03-31-2013, 02:57 PM
We've been asking for more robust graphics options for quite a while now. They've shown no interest in addressing the issue at all, so we're stuck with the graphics equivalent of crayons and construction paper for now.

It could easily be something that they patch in or couple with a DLC release so everyone even those not buying DLC feel like they get something. However yeah i don't expect much but i'd be happy with HD texture packs ; n ;

Xirn
03-31-2013, 03:38 PM
I really want eyefinity support, it would be nice, everyone that is against it, just mad they cant afford the setup.

I've gotten a sweet rig set up with 3x32 inch LG passive 3d tv's and a 690gtx for about 2500 USD.. Best money ever spent ;) If anyone wants to boost their gaming experience I'd say it's the way to go

HansKisaragi
03-31-2013, 03:39 PM
the beta was a poor console port so unless they want to **** on the pc community, they will deliver a worthy game that deserves to be on the PC platform.

It is not a console port.

Quipwicked
03-31-2013, 03:46 PM
MY GAWD. Enough with the console port ********. The game IS NOT a console port, nor is any game for that matter. All games are developed on a pc. The only part of defiance that could be considered a port from console "and i still don't believe it is" is the UI. Either a singular UI was developed for console and pc's or it was crafted for consoles and adjusted for PC or the opposite.

Sadokan
03-31-2013, 05:24 PM
Eyefinity worked fine for me
3240x1920 3x1 @ 1080x1920 @ 120 Hz
http://i.imgur.com/4Kwquvz.jpg

I did not try Landscape so i do not know if there are problems with that.

Spyle
03-31-2013, 05:30 PM
Can the HUD elements be moved in any way?

Portrait "eyefinity" rarely does not work as it's basically just a larger screen/res with 2 big gaps. Landscape is where benefits come in but also where problems come up in unsupported games.

Sweet Pea
03-31-2013, 05:31 PM
818 yup I have my ambx lights ready to go too, glad it works for some, I usually have a few problems that I fix after a few hours of troubleshooting. Typically reinstalling CCC or messing with my profile does it.

Xirn
03-31-2013, 07:20 PM
Eyefinity worked fine for me
3240x1920 3x1 @ 1080x1920 @ 120 Hz
http://i.imgur.com/4Kwquvz.jpg

I did not try Landscape so i do not know if there are problems with that.

I use 5870x1080 that's great news.. I hope it works!

Sadokan
03-31-2013, 08:07 PM
In my experience Landscape also works in most games.
I think a better question to ask would be: Is the game using vertical minus or horizontal plus FoV?

I stopped using landscape because so many of the games i wanted to play was using vertical minus FoV.

Not a definitive answer for the landscape question but i tried logging in to the character select screen and it looks like it works.
http://i.imgur.com/EfqoHdW.jpg

Kyse
03-31-2013, 08:14 PM
always room for a gfx update in this game someday :D

N7_Legion
03-31-2013, 08:20 PM
The game works fine for me at 5870 x 1080 as well, with Nvidia surround. Menus and HUD elements are stretched across all screens however.

Sex
03-31-2013, 08:24 PM
Force AA/AF support directly from NVCP...Just need to add the game .exe there and you're good to go.

Spoonie
04-02-2013, 03:17 AM
I hope they implement movable UI or at least centre the UI on Multi monitor setups.