PDA

View Full Version : DLC looks great

LALLY
08-18-2013, 06:44 PM
cant wait to play the new arenas with my clan in this epic social mmo.

WARDUKE
08-18-2013, 06:49 PM
You so silly. I'm am very amused atm. :P

It's really not that bad of a DLC. I've seen much much worse from far larger and more successful companies. Only grip I can really give is the amount of time that's pasted between game release and first DLC, which has been covered.

If someone doesn't like what the DLC offers, don't buy it. If someone already bought the Season Pass and feel ripped off, that's their fault for buying a product without knowing what it's going to be.

Honestly, putting a coin in one of those toy machines makes more sense than purchasing a product without having any idea what that product entails.

JxSiN
08-18-2013, 06:59 PM
It is what it is. It could hav been more. Was really looking forward to co op arenas but oh well. I will still be getting it

Mr LightningBolt
08-18-2013, 07:21 PM
finally a positive post! Yes the dlc is pretty good and im not complaining, tuesday :D

LALLY
08-18-2013, 07:24 PM
finally a positive post! Yes the dlc is pretty good and im not complaining, tuesday :D

I know I try to stay positive, too much doom and gloom on this forum

Gomly
08-18-2013, 07:45 PM
I have a feeling someone missed the joke in the OP by a loooooong way.

Now that did make me chuckle.

Johnnykev
08-18-2013, 07:58 PM
This is too good TC.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?123720-DLC-looks-disapointing

LALLY
08-18-2013, 07:59 PM
This is too good TC.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?123720-DLC-looks-disapointing

oh blast, my past has been waved infront of my eyes again, honestly, im a changed man,

Johnnykev
08-18-2013, 08:01 PM
If at first you don't succeed, suck up. Good attempt here.

Rasczak
08-18-2013, 08:06 PM
At this stage, I have to wonder if he is joking around on the forums, or just friggin' Bipolar. :cool:

LALLY
08-18-2013, 08:08 PM
At this stage, I have to wonder if he is joking around on the forums, or just friggin' Bipolar. :cool:

I love this game, but I really don't like it, it is good though, for how crappy it is.

JxSiN
08-18-2013, 08:16 PM

I caught it. It's why I posted what I did

Rasczak
08-18-2013, 08:17 PM
I love this game, but I really don't like it, it is good though, for how crappy it is.

Okay, that I cam empathize with. I like the game because it is Defiance (I love the show, the setting, the lore, and the stories), but I absolutely hate (at the same time) the design Trion chose for this Transmedia model, and their inability to get even a Shooter supported right.

Simple fact is, if I didn't like the show so much, I would not be playing this game at all anymore. It's the same reason I will groan and gravitate back to SWTOR here and there.

GiantInMaine
08-18-2013, 08:27 PM
oh blast, my past has been waved infront of my eyes again, honestly, im a changed man,

Haha well at least you made me laugh this time. I have a feeling this one won't be degenerating soon.

WARDUKE
08-18-2013, 08:43 PM

I appreciate these sarcastic praises over the doom and gloom from earlier today! :D

Gomly
08-19-2013, 01:32 AM
I caught it. It's why I posted what I did

I knew you'd spot it.

At first I thought only one person had fallen for it but then someone else appeared.

I'm going to give Lally his due on this one .... he got them.

ItISLupus
08-19-2013, 01:38 AM
Third times the charm eh mate?

DarknessEyes PT
08-19-2013, 05:42 AM

It's really not that bad of a DLC. I've seen much much worse from far larger and more successful companies. Only grip I can really give is the amount of time that's pasted between game release and first DLC, which has been covered.

If someone doesn't like what the DLC offers, don't buy it. If someone already bought the Season Pass and feel ripped off, that's their fault for buying a product without knowing what it's going to be.

Honestly, putting a coin in one of those toy machines makes more sense than purchasing a product without having any idea what that product entails.

+1 :)
The dlc1 in overall is very very good but the paid content is very bad :/
Thanks god i don't pre-purchase anything without knowing what I'm buying.

The game itself its good IMO, just lack of end game content.

Indra Echo
08-19-2013, 06:06 AM

Yeah, but look at some of the people complaining about it. It's likely they still pre-order games from those same big companies that release the same crap year after year and allow you to buy map packs for $15.

I look at it like this-my money, my choice, my fault if I don't like what happens. I knew going into it Defiance was a gamble but so is every other game out there. Real problems do need to be fixed, absolutely.

And what's really funny is a lot of people do act like they're playing this game alone and then complain when there are parts they have to play solo. The arenas may well become MP at some point. People need to use the suggestion thread (and voting area) to request this as well as anything else they'd like.

Indra Echo
08-19-2013, 06:11 AM

You really have that feeling? It wasn't exactly subtle. And the OP has repeatedly made his/her feelings known. Doesn't like the game (sort of, no really). See, I think this is the actual first true thread s/he has made. Hates the game so much s/he just can't put it down and stop talking about it. Can't stand DLC that hasn't come out yet, but can't wait for it either. Maybe just maybe there is no game for one so conflicted.

TravelerX1
08-19-2013, 06:16 AM
Damnit, I was hoping to come in here and find a positive thread with rainbows blowing from orifices, and fanboyism running rampant..... Tricked AGAIN! This thread needs more complaining!

Indra Echo
08-19-2013, 06:25 AM
Damnit, I was hoping to come in here and find a positive thread with rainbows blowing from orifices, and fanboyism running rampant..... Tricked AGAIN! This thread needs more complaining!

You have threads for that.

And you really need to use your powers of reading more effectively. I, for instance have never written such posts-realism is more than just a concept. You seem lately to want people to heap hate on something you hate just to appease you. So you want people who don't feel like you do to lie. Sorry, can't do it. I've got over 1000 hours in this game and have been having fun. If you haven't then either you need to back away from the game or change your perspective.

People have had problems with the game. I never said any differently. Problems need to be fixed, but imaginary problems need to remain left to one's imagination and not always shared with the world.

TravelerX1
08-19-2013, 06:27 AM
Sarcasm
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt."[1][2] In modern usage, the word "sarcasm" is commonly interpreted as involving irony,[3] or employs ambivalence,[4] but traditionally sarcasm was not necessarily irony.[5]

P.S. Indra.... if you think I was posting just for you.... you need to shrink that mellon of yours down. I could care less about your opinions, LOL

P.S.S. I am actually Positive on DLC #1 ;)

Indra Echo
08-19-2013, 06:33 AM
Sarcasm
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt."[1][2] In modern usage, the word "sarcasm" is commonly interpreted as involving irony,[3] or employs ambivalence,[4] but traditionally sarcasm was not necessarily irony.[5]

P.S. Indra.... if you think I was posting just for you.... you need to shrink that mellon of yours down. I could care less about your opinions, LOL

P.S.S. I am actually Positive on DLC #1 ;)

Nope didn't think you were talking specifically about anyone-just spewing stuff. Your post followed mine. Doesn't mean it referenced it, even though you have stated those exact same words in your characterization of me before. You assign labels to people in the most juvenile way and were doing so then. I was merely observing the use of fanboyism and blowing stuff out one's orifice-something some have honed to a rare art.:eek:

If you're actually positive on the DLC then might be more constructive for your own health to actually act like it.

TravelerX1
08-19-2013, 06:39 AM
Nope didn't think you were. Your post followed mine. Doesn't mean it referenced it, even though you have stated those exact same words in your characterization of me before. You assign labels to people in the most juvenile way and were doing so then. I was merely observing the use of fanboyism and blowing stuff out one's orifice-something some have honed to a rare art.

Thanks for the laugh of the Day Indra! I am deeply and truly sorry that you don't seem to be able to read a joke for what it is, but I am assuming that (To my theory) stick in your posterior must inhibit humor. Juvenile? You bet! This is a site about a Game...... take your seriousness down a notch or two (If you like.... it's just a helpful suggestion)

So, How about those Volge Seiges.... Look pretty damn awesome!

Indra Echo
08-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the laugh of the Day Indra! I am deeply and truly sorry that you don't seem to be able to read a joke for what it is, but I am assuming that (To my theory) stick in your posterior must inhibit humor. Juvenile? You bet! This is a site about a Game...... take your seriousness down a notch or two (If you like.... it's just a helpful suggestion)

So, How about those Volge Seiges.... Look pretty damn awesome!

For someone who doesn't care at all what I think and what I post, you seem to have an exaggerated interest in my posterior. Your posts to me in the past have been extremely hostile and yes, juvenile. So now I'm supposed to think you're funny? I'd say get your head out of your nether regions. I don't find your brand of hatred masked as joking to be all that funny.

TravelerX1
08-19-2013, 06:50 AM
For someone who doesn't care at all what I think and what I post, you seem to have an exaggerated interest in my posterior. Your posts to me in the past have been extremely hostile and yes, juvenile. So now I'm supposed to think you're funny? I'd say get your head out of your nether regions.

I just happen to like rainbows! Is that so wrong?
BTW, I keep my head in my backside so I can keep a Dev's eye view of things ;)

Now, back to these Volge Sieges.... Oh and Charge Weapons.... also very cool!

Tyrannos
08-19-2013, 07:00 AM
Hi everyone,

We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!