PDA

View Full Version : What happened to RedAvacodo? We haven't see a post from hin since Aug 13.

MacDeath
08-19-2013, 02:00 AM
Chris, RedAvacado was in the habit of posting quite frequently on this forums after he was promoted to EP. But not anymore. His last post which can be seen here:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?121340-Reg-server-gt-gt-gt-Alpha-Server/#6
was posted on Aug 13.

Now, what else happened on August 13th? Isn't that when Scott Hartsman came back to Trion as the new CEO and announced the shutdown of the San Diego studio? Maybe Scott told Chris to stay off the forums and work the team to get the DLC out? Maybe Scott fired Chris? To just stop posting is to encourage speculation. Talk to us man!

Sanguinesun
08-19-2013, 02:09 AM
Chris, RedAvacado was in the habit of posting quite frequently on this forums after he was promoted to EP. But not anymore. His last post which can be seen here:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?121340-Reg-server-gt-gt-gt-Alpha-Server/#6
was posted on Aug 13.

Now, what else happened on August 13th? Isn't that when Scott Hartsman came back to Trion as the new CEO and announced the shutdown of the San Diego studio? Maybe Scott told Chris to stay off the forums and work the team to get the DLC out? Maybe Scott fired Chris? To just stop posting is to encourage speculation. Talk to us man!

Let's just say you'll know more soon. :P

By the way, his last post was the 13th but not last active day on the forums. That'd be the 17th. :P

Notturno
08-19-2013, 02:35 AM
Let's just say you'll know more soon. :P

By the way, his last post was the 13th but not last active day on the forums. That'd be the 17th. :P

Sounds like you know something the rest of us plebs are not privy to. I'm jealous.

It's possible he's busy relocating? If he was at San Diego, it's very possible he has been taking the week to move himself (and family?) up to Redwood. It's a pretty long distance move (http://goo.gl/maps/nqV2D).

MacDeath
08-19-2013, 02:46 AM
Sounds like you know something the rest of us plebs are not privy to. I'm jealous.

It's possible he's busy relocating? If he was at San Diego, it's very possible he has been taking the week to move himself (and family?) up to Redwood. It's a pretty long distance move (http://goo.gl/maps/nqV2D).
If it were ME, I wouldn't move my family from San Diego to Redwood Shores. They are both nice places to live but, the cost of homes is a LOT higher in San Mateo county than in San Diego county (I've lived in both counties).

Chris can commute (fly North on Monday, stay in a hotel, fly South on Friday) for a few weeks and get a better feel for his job prospects with Trion. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have contacts with the Rift side of Trion. He was on the EoN team before moving to Defiance.

MacDeath
09-05-2013, 06:41 AM
Still no post from Chris since August 13. If he's working on Defiance it would be nice to here his views on the direction of the game. If, as I suspect he's no longer the EP, it would be nice to hear from the new person.

Zugo
09-05-2013, 06:44 AM
Still no post from Chris since August 13. If he's working on Defiance it would be nice to here his views on the direction of the game. If, as I suspect he's no longer the EP, it would be nice to hear from the new person.

He was last seen packing some corndogs in the walk-in freeeeeezerrrrrr..... oooohh, someone should probably, well too late by now.

Sanguinesun
09-05-2013, 06:45 AM
RedAvacado:

Last Activity
09-03-2013 06:47 PM

N3gativeCr33p
09-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Maybe someone really wanted to eat some (red) guacamole?

Cavadus
09-05-2013, 09:21 AM
If he were staying on as EP they would have said so by now. I think it's safe to assume he chose to stay in San Diego and TW is just waiting to hire the next EP and make an announcement then.

Billy Guile
09-05-2013, 09:23 AM
he was a victim of the revolution.

Putin got him.

Xaearth
09-05-2013, 09:27 AM

Woah... did you just bump your own thread... that was more than two weeks old?

You're made of braver stuff than me.

Not that I'm judging, or even commenting, or pretending to be who I am not...
Just making a statement to the effect that you did something I would not have done, as it is out of my character, that being a forum lurker... Yeah that's what I meant.

Edit: Well, that and N3gative stole my joke so...

MacDeath
09-05-2013, 09:29 AM
If he were staying on as EP they would have said so by now. I think it's safe to assume he chose to stay in San Diego and TW is just waiting to hire the next EP and make an announcement then.
I can certainly understand him wanting to stay in San Diego. It's a great place to live and there are lots of jobs there in game development. What I don't understand is the silence.

August Barkley
09-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Putin got him.

Poor Chris... :(

Azimov
09-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Poor Chris... :(

Yeah those Rooskies always did like the red. He is probably in a gulag. RIP.

Rasczak
09-05-2013, 10:22 AM
I can certainly understand him wanting to stay in San Diego. It's a great place to live and there are lots of jobs there in game development. What I don't understand is the silence.

We're both experienced businessmen, MacDeath. I'm willing to bet that we both fully understand the silence.

MacDeath
09-05-2013, 11:13 AM
We're both experienced businessmen, MacDeath. I'm willing to bet that we both fully understand the silence.
Oh, I know the MEANING of the silence. I just don't see how it's in Trion's interest

Rasczak
09-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Oh, I know the MEANING of the silence. I just don't see how it's in Trion's interest

To be honest: it isn't.

A s0t
09-05-2013, 11:47 AM
RedAvacado

please come back, we miss you

(maybe he is stalking the forums)

Arsenic_Touch
09-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Most likely hasn't made the transfer or is still in the process of deciding.

N3gativeCr33p
09-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Edit: Well, that and N3gative stole my joke so...

My bad... I apologize for stealing your thunder. ;)

Zabuza
09-05-2013, 01:58 PM
What I don't understand is the silence.

Lulz you're not used to it by now? Silence on important subjects seems to be protocol around here.