PDA

View Full Version : beta crashing

ThanosPrime
01-20-2013, 10:13 AM
For the last hour I cannot log in or got about 1 min of gameplay then server crashes. This didn't happen in alpha so what gives? Thought this was worked out in open beta "crash test". Great game but I'm tired of getting in and having to start back in previous area with all inventory reset. By the way AVG tells me every now and then that the crash manager and / or patched for defiance is a virus and wants to delete or block.

DABhand
01-20-2013, 10:43 AM
Looks like another one who doesn't understand the concept of beta testing, no loss if you decide to leave.

If you don't understand also that anti-viruses show false positives too, and how to fix that, then again, you shouldn't be beta testing.

ThanosPrime
01-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Hmmm....isn't that what the forum is for? To report that they need to look into why its reporting a false positive so noob players don't think it's infected? And yes, beta is all about testing but don't be so condescending just because I'm reporting a problem.

Uthere
01-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Got the same problem, 30 sec gameplay and then ... bam --> main menu.

DABhand
01-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Hmmm....isn't that what the forum is for? To report that they need to look into why its reporting a false positive so noob players don't think it's infected? And yes, beta is all about testing but don't be so condescending just because I'm reporting a problem.

Yes, as in the beta forums also, but what got me annoyed and is usually similar to people who aren't interested in proper beta testing as in "playing the game and discovering and reporting bugs correctly".

Is when you said this. "For the last hour I cannot log in or got about 1 min of gameplay then server crashes. This didn't happen in alpha so what gives? Thought this was worked out in open beta "crash test". Great game but I'm tired of getting in and having to start back in previous area with all inventory reset."

Kinda makes you look impatient and blaming Trion for ruining your time. Welcome to beta testing where things don't obviously go to plan.

ThanosPrime
01-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Yes, thanks for not flaming.... I'm sorry I could have better with the wording. Just a little frustrated.

Bludwyng
01-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Well, let me add a voice to this sparkling conversation. I am a veteran of many betas and I am more than willing to report issues gove suggestions, but to do that I need to be able to play the game for more than 30 seconds at a time. So far this morning I have tried to get going 5 or 6 times in a row, only to get punted out as soon as I reach the road, kill the game, restart, login, and appear at exactly the spot I started at, up the hill from the road. Thanks, Trion , for letting me see your new game and it DOES look very cool, but I will just have to wait for Beta Event #2 and hope you have fixed this.

ThanosPrime
01-20-2013, 11:13 AM
YES and exactly what I was trying to express bludwyng thank you!

Murren
01-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Out of curiosity, what version does your launcher say you are using?

My version is: v.1.4.00635

The version is listed on the launcher, just under the "Defiance" title at the top of the window.

Dreed
01-20-2013, 11:21 AM
i understood all beta concept but how i can test and do anything for help this game when after log-in - if happen - i get DC every single 30s.. thats is problem... unable to test.

ThanosPrime
01-20-2013, 11:24 AM
Out of curiosity, what version does your launcher say you are using?

My version is: v.1.4.006

The version is listed on the launcher, just under the "Defiance" title at the top of the window.

yes...north America

Oertha
01-20-2013, 11:27 AM
i did boored it.. me too get disconnected :S :S WTF! :S please fix it :( i cant play in 6 hours :S

Murren
01-20-2013, 11:31 AM
yes...north America

Hmm. I was hoping there was a patch we were missing :)

Ah well, back to waiting.

Monarch
01-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Yes, as in the beta forums also, but what got me annoyed and is usually similar to people who aren't interested in proper beta testing as in "playing the game and discovering and reporting bugs correctly".

Is when you said this. "For the last hour I cannot log in or got about 1 min of gameplay then server crashes. This didn't happen in alpha so what gives? Thought this was worked out in open beta "crash test". Great game but I'm tired of getting in and having to start back in previous area with all inventory reset."

Kinda makes you look impatient and blaming Trion for ruining your time. Welcome to beta testing where things don't obviously go to plan.

If it annoys, you dont read it. Instead of taking the time to right an entire paragraph ripping on someone, try writing something constructive. Youre post is about as useless as you claim his to be.

Frankly. I dont blame him for the frustration. Ive too many games have these problems during beta and people like you come in here and say "its beta dude! Chill bro!" and then the crashes continue and arent resolved when launch comes around. So I guess what Im saying is shut up and let people say what they want to say.

ThanosPrime
01-20-2013, 11:50 AM
If it annoys, you dont read it. Instead of taking the time to right an entire paragraph ripping on someone, try writing something constructive. Youre post is about as useless as you claim his to be.

Frankly. I dont blame him for the frustration. Ive too many games have these problems during beta and people like you come in here and say "its beta dude! Chill bro!" and then the crashes continue and arent resolved when launch comes around. So I guess what Im saying is shut up and let people say what they want to say.

Thanks Monarch.... Keep the forums free for ppl to speak their peace and let others know that it not just them but that there is a real problem

Khend
01-20-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm having this issue as well, however, I noticed something: it only seems to affect me when trying to load a character. If I make a new character, I can play without issue, until I try to log in again.

ThanosPrime
01-20-2013, 12:30 PM
I wish this was my problem

Sonic Rain Boom
01-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi everyone,

We ask that you please direct any questions or concerns regarding the Defiance Alpha/Beta program to community@defiance.com as discussing any Alpha/Beta content on the general forums is a violation of the NDA you have agreed to. Please post to the correct forum of the program you belong in - the link can be found in your Trion Management page.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!

Sonic Rain Boom