PDA

View Full Version : So now key codes will cost 1000 ark savage & 1000 scrip

joejoe860
08-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Really? Seriously?

GiantInMaine
08-19-2013, 01:53 PM
You can also buy 10 keys at once for 10k ark salvage and the same 1,000 scrip.

joejoe860
08-19-2013, 01:57 PM
I just don't understand why they did this. What was their logic?

GiantInMaine
08-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Everyone always says scrip is useless so they found an artificial way to make it not useless lol.

joejoe860
08-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Like legendary weapons aren't hard enough to get already.

JxSiN
08-19-2013, 02:04 PM
I had saved up about 4.3 million ark salvage so when the DLC dropped I would be ready to open a ton of boxes. I realized it would cost a fortune after the patch to convert those to keys. After this past weekend, I now have 2,000 ark salvage and about 14 new oranges and a lot more scrip than I would have had if I had waited.

Zugo
08-19-2013, 02:05 PM
I'll still end up making more scrip than I need. 1000 scrip is nothing if you think about it.

Sky Bogey
08-19-2013, 02:08 PM
CMON!

Your joking......

I have 2.7 MILLION arksalvage......

2.7 MILLION.....are you joking about it costing scrip now?

For KEYS, or Lockboxes????

JxSiN
08-19-2013, 02:11 PM
CMON!

Your joking......

I have 2.7 MILLION arksalvage......

2.7 MILLION.....are you joking about it costing scrip now?

For KEYS, or Lockboxes????

For keys man. Granted its 1k scrip and you have the option of 1, 5, or 10 keys at that cost which isn't much. UNLESS you are converting over a million ark salvage into keys, then it's rather pricey

mattr
08-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Thanks for posting. I guess i'll be converting all of my ark to keys and buying boxes all night long once I get home from work.

GiantInMaine
08-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks for posting. I guess i'll be converting all of my ark to keys and buying boxes all night long once I get home from work.

Yeah but don't you want to save a bit and try to get some of the nice new guns? I know I'm looking forward to giving it a shot.

mattr
08-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Yeah but don't you want to save a bit and try to get some of the nice new guns? I know I'm looking forward to giving it a shot.

That was my original plan, but as JxSIN pointed out I don't feel like paying the nearly 400k scrip (even at 1000 per 10) to convert post DLC.

Mr LightningBolt
08-19-2013, 02:21 PM
What the hell!? It cost scrip now!? iv had all of this crap planned out 4mill ark salvage now i need 4mill script to converter it omg im fked ..No legendarys for me.. hell naw this is some viscous stuff man

JxSiN
08-19-2013, 02:26 PM
That was my original plan, but as JxSIN pointed out I don't feel like paying the nearly 400k scrip (even at 1000 per 10) to convert post DLC.

Which is exactly why I went ahead and burned my salvage this weekend. I think it would be easier (and cheaper) trading some of the oranges I pulled from the lockboxes this past weekend for the new guns rather than trying my luck with salvage AND scrip

Olaf
08-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Which is exactly why I went ahead and burned my salvage this weekend. I think it would be easier (and cheaper) trading some of the oranges I pulled from the lockboxes this past weekend for the new guns rather than trying my luck with salvage AND scrip

I think the big question here bro is..... DRUMROLL.....

What were those legends? Were you happy?

JxSiN
08-19-2013, 03:18 PM
I think the big question here bro is..... DRUMROLL.....

What were those legends? Were you happy?

2 Rhino EXs (grenadier and blastproof), a blaster, an assassin blast rifle, a crash boomer, a canker with a fire rate bonus, sub carbine, slugger (ew), disruptor (double ew), FRC Sawed Off (I love sawed offs), Mass Cannon, VBI Guided Launcher, a Fragnova Pro, and 2 I can't remember because I already traded them.

All in all, very happy

EDIT: Recounting, I pulled 15 oranges instead of 14

GiantInMaine
08-19-2013, 03:19 PM
2 Rhino EXs (grenadier and blastproof), a blaster, an assassin blast rifle, a crash boomer, a canker with a fire rate bonus, sub carbine, slugger (ew), disruptor (double ew), FRC Sawed Off (I love sawed offs), Mass Cannon, VBI Guided Launcher, a Fragnova Pro, and 2 I can't remember because I already traded them.

All in all, very happy

Not a bad haul! What tier did you get them from if you don't mind me asking.

JxSiN
08-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Not a bad haul! What tier did you get them from if you don't mind me asking.

Only pulled T2's and T3's. About 75% came from T3's. The blaster, canker, disruptor, and one other gun (can't remember) came from T2's

GiantInMaine
08-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Only pulled T2's and T3's. About 75% came from T3's. The blaster, canker, disruptor, and one other gun (can't remember) came from T2's

God I can't for the life of me get anything from 2's or 3's only 4's. This game is so weird when it comes to that.

JxSiN
08-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Whoops, re-edit. I forgot I pulled the sub-carbine with keys right before I started blowing through my ark salvage. So 14 was the right answer.

On a side note, I also did not go through all of it at once either. I started on Friday and ended on Sunday. I also did not pull from the same location. I hit up at least 6 locations (with the most coming from Shondus and Coit Tower).

joejoe860
08-19-2013, 03:34 PM
I'm thinking it's to intice players to give in and buy more bits
Just a theory...

JxSiN
08-19-2013, 03:36 PM
I'm thinking it's to intice players to give in and buy more bits
Just a theory...

I think that not having greens in bit boxes would entice people to buy lockboxes with bits a lot faster :)

joejoe860
08-19-2013, 03:43 PM
I think that not having greens in bit boxes would entice people to buy lockboxes with bits a lot faster :)

Agreed 100%

zDylan
08-19-2013, 03:57 PM
can we get proof?

GiantInMaine
08-19-2013, 03:58 PM
can we get proof?

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?120108-Mod-vendors.

The last picture in the first post.

zDylan
08-19-2013, 04:00 PM
:( oh nooooooo

Overtkill21
08-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Yeah I blew through Ark Salvage at a ridiculous rate when this was announced - was at 1.9 mil down to zero - now back up at 400K. I used a lot of it for mod slots - never had luck buying boxes with salvage bought keys. Only earned keys seem to work for me.

Aerion
08-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Greens and blues. Purples are fine, but greens and blues can just sod off.

I guess all you can do is weigh the pros and cons of burning your salvage now (and I do mean NOW) and maybe get some shinies without losing $crip, or burn it later together with $scrip and maybe get some new stuff (volge weapons and blades mostly).

As for the 10 at once thing, I could buy 64 keys in 20 seconds (I have fast fingers), this change only costs me $crip that I don't have (no patience for forum trading).

SymbolicGamer
08-19-2013, 04:19 PM
I've got 2 mil saved.

Looks like I'll be spending 200,000 on converting and 93,000 on the actual T4 lockboxes for a total of 293,000 scrip.

Not too bad.

maverick07
08-19-2013, 05:35 PM
God I can't for the life of me get anything from 2's or 3's only 4's. This game is so weird when it comes to that.

Yeah same here. Everytime I try T2s and T3s I feel like I wasted my keys. I used to have some luck with T3s though. Gotten a couple oranges out of T4s already with my salvage but nothing worth noting.

I still have about 3 mil but I might drop that down a bit tonight. Plan on spending at least a mil tomorrow on boxes. But I'm still saving some salvage for sieges and guns too. At least 1 million for that.

Mr LightningBolt
08-19-2013, 06:32 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?120108-Mod-vendors.

The last picture in the first post.
OHH ok not that bad.

FallenParadigm
08-19-2013, 10:16 PM
I've yet to get an orange weapon from a box, just a couple gifted to me by sympathetic friends XD But I do open a lot of boxes and agree that the scrip requirement is rather bothersome to even think about... But scrip isn't that hard to come by (other than the large sums you scrap hunting pros are mentioning) The Devs said in the patch notes they posted that a lot of missions and stuff will be updated to reward more Scrip to make it worth the time to gather o-o we can only hope it will be enough to cover these expenses I guess xD

JxSiN
08-19-2013, 11:06 PM
I've yet to get an orange weapon from a box, just a couple gifted to me by sympathetic friends XD But I do open a lot of boxes and agree that the scrip requirement is rather bothersome to even think about... But scrip isn't that hard to come by (other than the large sums you scrap hunting pros are mentioning) The Devs said in the patch notes they posted that a lot of missions and stuff will be updated to reward more Scrip to make it worth the time to gather o-o we can only hope it will be enough to cover these expenses I guess xD

Not to rain on your parade man, but I think those are old patch notes from when they upped it the last time. I don't believe there will be any scrip increases

maverick07
08-20-2013, 01:12 AM
Not to rain on your parade man, but I think those are old patch notes from when they upped it the last time. I don't believe there will be any scrip increases

Aww really? I didn't realize they upped that before. Still those Volge Sieges look like they pay out pretty nice! I'm looking forward to seeing how things will unfold tomorrow though.

I did blow through about 550k of Ark Salvage tonight btw. 2 T2s, 18 T3s, and 2 T4s netted me a total of 0 oranges lol.

I think I'm gonna stop halfway if I end up doing another million tomorrow and get no oranges. I don't wanna be that guy that makes that thread saying I blew 3 mil in salvage and got 0 oranges :D.

FallenParadigm
08-20-2013, 01:29 AM
Not to noticeable a change in the scrip gain then...that's a shame, well at least if weapon drops go up (and with the end match rewards for new arkfalls and sieges) hopefully we can get a little boost for at least a couple early boxes .w.

Spiltmilk
08-20-2013, 03:00 AM
Maybe I was away from the game too long but how is everyone making so much scrips besides selling mods to other players? I always gotten my scrip from missions which is like 200 scrip per mission but it is so much easier to get Salvage since they net you 500 to 1000 per weapon drop.

FallenParadigm
08-20-2013, 03:06 AM
Some people enjoy the grind for scrip, some get a lucky draw in the loot boxes for orange weapons which people pay top dollar for XD in some cases 400k scrip (which I find ridiculous considering most legendary weapons have mediocre stats and only half decent synergies)

ralisti
08-20-2013, 03:28 AM
Really? Seriously?

Without any type of economy, script is worthless.

With it being worthless, people are not buying the script bonus from the store.

Without people buying the script bonus from the store, Trion is 'losing' money.

When Trion is 'losing' money, they try go out of their way to try to manipulate players into buying X from the store by giving it 'value'.

It is no different from when they removed key codes from emergencies. Trion wanted people to buy the loot bonus so they got more stuff to scrap for the ark salvage to buy key codes.

Nice to see Trion's new path is more of the same old shtako.

Tekrunner
08-20-2013, 04:29 AM
Maybe I was away from the game too long but how is everyone making so much scrips besides selling mods to other players? I always gotten my scrip from missions which is like 200 scrip per mission but it is so much easier to get Salvage since they net you 500 to 1000 per weapon drop.

Selling drops instead of salvaging them. You get a little less scrip than ark salvage for items up to purple, but it does add up.

Kaiselius
08-20-2013, 05:44 AM
Oh man, good thing I checked the forums before going to bed. Better get back on and burn all that salvage I've been holding on too!

MaxSterling
08-20-2013, 05:58 AM

1.) Create a Raffle.
2.) Charge people enough so that you make 3 times the gun's worth. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?122882-Mazu-raffle)
3.) Bump thread until tickets are all sold.
4.) Profit.

As for the cost for conversion, it's disheartening... but my guess is that it's to discourage those who have been abusing the system. I'll most likely be doing this in bulk... and it just means that when farming, I'll need to do this in groups so that I can fast travel and go to friend to sell off items quickly and not need to set things back up.

Indra Echo
08-20-2013, 06:10 AM
Everyone always says scrip is useless so they found an artificial way to make it not useless lol.

Exactly. They used to have deals on vehicles, so some of them were on sale for 500 scrip and the Challengers used to be less expensive. People kept complaining that scrip was useless and stupid, so they raised the prices. Now, there's a use for scrip. People need to learn when to complain and when to keep quiet.

Indra Echo
08-20-2013, 06:15 AM
1.) Create a Raffle.
2.) Charge people enough so that you make 3 times the gun's worth. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?122882-Mazu-raffle)
3.) Bump thread until tickets are all sold.
4.) Profit.

As for the cost for conversion, it's disheartening... but my guess is that it's to discourage those who have been abusing the system. I'll most likely be doing this in bulk... and it just means that when farming, I'll need to do this in groups so that I can fast travel and go to friend to sell off items quickly and not need to set things back up.

People also go around and buy all the tier 3 mods on sale they can find. They then sell them for many times what they paid for good ones and double or triple for regular ones. Then they buy up every legendary they can find and sell even bad ones for crazy prices (harder to do lately, but this is easy to do with new players or desperate orange seekers). Now, people are a little more aware that oranges can be worse than purples and even blues, so people are out there selling purples for 300k and more.

And then there was a glitch some were using that allowed them to trade and and get more scrip. I never did it, I knew how it was done, and it may have gotten fixed by now but it was used to dupe weapons and scrip.

As for legitimate non-merchant ways: do every arkfall you can with perks set to maximize possible loot drops. At arkfalls or at any event use an infector of some type or a BMG to maximize the foes you damage-when they die you can get stuff from that. Do every emergency you come across-the Volge drop more stuff. Go to Horseshoe Bay (alone if possible) and complete the event there as often as possible for loot, scrip, salvage, and keycodes. Go to Sutro Tower and complete the event but leave at least one turret alone-don't reactivate all of them. Keep killing the re-spawning Dark Matter for loot and stuff. It's possible to do this for a lot of such events-don't finish the event completely and let the foes re-spawn. Go to San Quentin, do the whole event repeatedly, killing the Hulker for the weapon xp AND his drop. That's slower but some people just use it for weapon xp-I like to get the loot he drops. Motherlode. Lots of drops usually. Sell the stuff you don't want instead of always scrapping it.

None of this will get you millions in scrip, but you can get to a few hundred thousand fairly quickly. In a couple days I had over 300k in salvage and 250k in scrip from just doing a lot of stuff.

It also helps if you get into a group with group loot boosts. And hopefully, at least next weekend will be a loot boost weekend so if you decide to do group and self loot boosts, that's a good time to do it.

drackiller
08-20-2013, 06:23 AM
This is a bit offtopic but i don`t really care about the new weapons, i`m more interested in buying mods tomorrow and the days after.
The guns will come as rewards from missions, arkfalls, sieges, etc. I don`t feel the need to waste scrip or even worse, bits, to buy weapons.
I`ll get them sooner or later.
Since i don`t PVP in this game, i`m very happy with the weapons i have, i toped 3 major arkfalls yesterday with one white AR.
No need for fancy weapons yet :)

Kaiselius
08-20-2013, 06:24 AM
Pffft, eight lvl.4 boxes down and not a single keeper in the bunch.

Reichlyn
08-20-2013, 06:27 AM
Really? Seriously?

You can buy 10 for the same price. Its only 1k scrip. Not that much

Indra Echo
08-20-2013, 06:29 AM
This is a bit offtopic but i don`t really care about the new weapons, i`m more interested in buying mods tomorrow and the days after.
The guns will come as rewards from missions, arkfalls, sieges, etc. I don`t feel the need to waste scrip or even worse, bits, to buy weapons.
I`ll get them sooner or later.
Since i don`t PVP in this game, i`m very happy with the weapons i have, i toped 3 major arkfalls yesterday with one white AR.
No need for fancy weapons yet :)

Yeah, I'm interested in all the stuff, but it's a lot of fun to take some meh weapon you have and do something good with it rather than to have the holy grail of all weapons and do the same. I absolutely love going to arkfalls and use only my Canker or only my sniper rifle and be number one on the scoreboard. I don't mean I think I'm special-I just find it funny that with all these people running after orange syphon assassin or cannoneer SAWs, I'm sitting there with a blue Ranger and doing well.

Sometimes, I even lag out and get back into the phase just as the arkfall is ending and find I'm still at like number 4 on the scoreboard, after using a blue Ranger. I get a laugh over it-again, not because I'm good but it's just fun to do this.

drackiller
08-20-2013, 06:32 AM
Yeah, I'm interested in all the stuff, but it's a lot of fun to take some meh weapon you have and do something good with it rather than to have the holy grail of all weapons and do the same. I absolutely love going to arkfalls and use only my Canker or only my sniper rifle and be number one on the scoreboard. I don't mean I think I'm special-I just find it funny that with all these people running after orange syphon assassin or cannoneer SAWs, I'm sitting there with a blue Ranger and doing well.

Sometimes, I even lag out and get back into the phase just as the arkfall is ending and find I'm still at like number 4 on the scoreboard, after using a blue Ranger. I get a laugh over it-again, not because I'm good but it's just fun to do this.
Let`s see how we deal with the new arks and sieges, they seem tougher ;)

DeadMike
08-20-2013, 06:40 AM
100 scrip per key isn't really a big deal. That's 6400 scrip per T4 lockbox. With people running around with scrip in the millions it's a rather trivial amount. And having a scrip-sink to lower the amount of scrip in circulation could lead to lower selling prices of items between players, but that's just me speculating.

Although this does almost guarantee that nobody will ever purchase the 1 and 5 ark key options, as that's basically just throwing scrip away, so I don't see the point of them even being there. They should be lowered so all 3 of the amounts are 100 scrip per key otherwise they're just taking up space on the vendor screen for no reason.

Spiltmilk
08-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I been breaking all my weapons instead of selling them because I was using the buy back as a temporary storage. I was just trying to figure out where in the environment players were getting them.

Guess it's pure grinding with boosts maybe, but I am glad there are players willing to go the extra stretch so the rest of you guys can come up with ways of taking them haha. I read the update notes more thoroughly this time and noticed they mentioned increasing the scrip reward for emergencies so maybe that will provide enough scrip til we get some sort of mailing system or market.

Ssdmiddleman
08-20-2013, 09:21 AM
I'm glad that there's a bigger use for scrip now, but dang I had over half a million ark salvage saved up for something like this!

GiantInMaine
08-20-2013, 09:24 AM
100 scrip per key isn't really a big deal. That's 6400 scrip per T4 lockbox. With people running around with scrip in the millions it's a rather trivial amount. And having a scrip-sink to lower the amount of scrip in circulation could lead to lower selling prices of items between players, but that's just me speculating.

Although this does almost guarantee that nobody will ever purchase the 1 and 5 ark key options, as that's basically just throwing scrip away, so I don't see the point of them even being there. They should be lowered so all 3 of the amounts are 100 scrip per key otherwise they're just taking up space on the vendor screen for no reason.

It's not 100 it's 1,000.

Ssdmiddleman
08-20-2013, 09:27 AM
It's not 100 it's 1,000.

He means if you buy ten keys at a time they will cost 100 each.
10 Keys: 1000 scrip, 10000 ark salvage.

DeadMike
08-20-2013, 09:30 AM
It's not 100 it's 1,000.
10 keys = 1000 scrip. That's 100 scrip per key. This is the kind of math they teach to 7 year old kids.

GiantInMaine
08-20-2013, 09:30 AM
He means if you buy ten keys at a time they will cost 100 each.
10 Keys: 1000 scrip, 10000 ark salvage.

Haha totally missed that lol. He's totally right it's not that bad.

Mike don't be a ****** I misread your post.

Indra Echo
08-20-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm glad that there's a bigger use for scrip now, but dang I had over half a million ark salvage saved up for something like this!

If I'm not mistaken ark salvage will be used in sieges for upgrading turrets so that may come in handy.

Gimmick
08-20-2013, 09:43 AM
This kind of stuff is really frustrating. They keep changing fundamental game stuff, making it unfair to people who've played since launch.

Ssdmiddleman
08-20-2013, 10:21 AM
If I'm not mistaken ark salvage will be used in sieges for upgrading turrets so that may come in handy.

Yeah I saw a video on that! Now people will have more reason to obtain scrip and ark salvage beside just lockboxes. I'm hoping this will enhance the experience a bit more :)

DeadMike
08-20-2013, 03:31 PM
This kind of stuff is really frustrating. They keep changing fundamental game stuff, making it unfair to people who've played since launch.
Yeah, god forbid they change fundamental game stuff, such as scrip being completely useless.