PDA

View Full Version : nerf's

A s0t
08-19-2013, 11:26 PM
when are the new guns going to get nerfed into oblivion like the current guns?

boogiejive
08-19-2013, 11:32 PM
pretty sure after the dlc patch and then its all over but the crying

GiantInMaine
08-19-2013, 11:47 PM
Hopefully soon it would suck to have guns that are any good in this game.

boogiejive
08-19-2013, 11:48 PM
ya that why my slugger intereptor combo is the best

Notturno
08-20-2013, 12:09 AM

I tried the charge pistol, charge semi-auto sniper rifle, and two different charged shotguns. None of them were impressive in the slightest, but this is based off of very limited testing and more theory.
Charge pistols can be pretty brutal if you land a critical hit. The problem is the charge takes so long that your DPS tanks with each charge. You're better off with the other pistol variants.
The charge semi-auto sniper rifle shot five times at maximum charge. The problem is that the recoil was pretty significant, meaning it's very unlikely you're going to get more than one or two critical hits. You can try to control the recoil and get three or four, but that takes a lot of constant effort and intense concentration.
The two different charge shotguns were okay, but again suffered in the DPS department.

The charges feel like they take too long to compensate for the lost DPS. While I do not have the research or data to back it up, my intuition and general appraisal felt like I could be doing much more damage per second with a regular weapon of the same variety.

I think the biggest question is something I did not consider on the alpha servers; can you charge weapons while in Cloak? If so, then you're going to see a huge amount of crying and imbalanced weapons in PvP until Trion decides when (or if) they want to patch it. If not, then I think you're just going to have a couple new mediocre weapons that will be nothing beyond interesting weapons you play with for a little while.

omega32x
08-20-2013, 12:31 AM

What new guns are we talking about? I haven't noticed since i started playing again but i did manage to get a one thats a rifle that shoots out black tar i don't think that is a gun from vanilla if i am not mistaken.

Yewa
08-20-2013, 12:31 AM
I may be mistaken but I think people can see the weapon glowing when charging even if you are using cloak. I think Arsenic_Touch noted this when trying duels.

Tekrunner
08-20-2013, 12:53 AM
I may be mistaken but I think people can see the weapon glowing when charging even if you are using cloak. I think Arsenic_Touch noted this when trying duels.

Yep, you see the glow, and it becomes brighter and brighter as the weapon charges. You also can't sprint while charging. Basically in PvP we'll see a lot of cloakers with Particle Repeaters (the charge sniper that increases its damage when it charges), maaaybe some Surge Bolters (sniper that increases the number of pellets fired), but that should be it for charge weapons. Yes, the recoil on a Cyclone is controllable... when the target is static. It's really a lot harder when the target is moving. But it's always possible that a -recoil / grenadier variant would be viable, we'll see.

I mostly agree with Notturno. Charge weapons didn't feel overpowered. Some were fun, some were a bit underwhelming (didn't get any good use out of the shotguns personally), but on the whole they felt balanced. Some of them do good burst damage, but are outclassed by other weapons in terms of raw DPS.

On a side note, there's one enemy for which charge weapons were godly: raider tankers. When solo I could literally 2-shoot them: one charged shot in the backpack, one in the head.

bigguy
08-20-2013, 01:02 AM
great idea nerf now nerf everything make all guns do the same damage woohoo

Gomly
08-20-2013, 03:14 AM
What new guns are we talking about? I haven't noticed since i started playing again but i did manage to get a one thats a rifle that shoots out black tar i don't think that is a gun from vanilla if i am not mistaken.

The ones coming with the dlc.

You can charge them up to do extra damage.

Sanguinesun
08-20-2013, 05:04 AM
Yep, you see the glow, and it becomes brighter and brighter as the weapon charges. You also can't sprint while charging. Basically in PvP we'll see a lot of cloakers with Particle Repeaters (the charge sniper that increases its damage when it charges), maaaybe some Surge Bolters (sniper that increases the number of pellets fired), but that should be it for charge weapons. Yes, the recoil on a Cyclone is controllable... when the target is static. It's really a lot harder when the target is moving. But it's always possible that a -recoil / grenadier variant would be viable, we'll see.

I mostly agree with Notturno. Charge weapons didn't feel overpowered. Some were fun, some were a bit underwhelming (didn't get any good use out of the shotguns personally), but on the whole they felt balanced. Some of them do good burst damage, but are outclassed by other weapons in terms of raw DPS.

On a side note, there's one enemy for which charge weapons were godly: raider tankers. When solo I could literally 2-shoot them: one charged shot in the backpack, one in the head.

I have to agree, the new charge weapons overall didnt seem very effective and with the bug for pvp, actually counter productive. This is going to be an interesting week in regards to people's reactions to this.

Gomly
08-20-2013, 05:35 AM
I can't agree 100%.

I did like the charge bolt action sniper.