PDA

View Full Version : how much story missions are we going to get with dlc?

shadowkiller958
08-20-2013, 05:32 AM
how much story missions are we going to get with dlc? how much gameplay will i get out of it can anyone tell me? haven't heard much detail of them

Mowazzy
08-20-2013, 05:44 AM
Only speculation, but will probably get enough new story content for a weekend for the hardcore players. Maybe a week or two worth for the average players.

Mowazzy
08-20-2013, 05:45 AM
But the other stuff will keep us busy for some time. The new sieges and AFs look great

Gomly
08-20-2013, 05:46 AM
There are no, I repeat NO new story missions.

There is a small chain for the Casti to get their blade which involves getting some data recorders and a few silvers in arena's.

There are a couple of missions to build up the sieges.

That is it.

And that isn't speculation, that's from the PTS where we've been testing the dlc.

Mowazzy
08-20-2013, 05:50 AM
Like I said... Barely a weekend's worth.

Gomly
08-20-2013, 05:53 AM
Like I said... Barely a weekend's worth.

Pretty much, yep.

The sieges, arenas and Arkfalls will keep folk busy for a short while but people expecting sparkly new story content are going to be disappointed.

Dracian
08-20-2013, 06:02 AM
There is a small chain for the Casti to get their blade which involves getting some data recorders and a few silvers in arena's.

Actually, and IIRC, you need gold medals. For the first four arenas, it's not very difficult. The last, however, might be a little bit trickier to complete.

shadowkiller958
08-20-2013, 07:06 AM

frak seriously :( for some reason i thought that there was going to be a decent amount of story mission. that's mostly what i'm into. arkfalls, sieges, arenas etc are incredibly repetitive to me without some story missions to get immersed in also

Yewa
08-20-2013, 07:10 AM
Actually, and IIRC, you need gold medals. For the first four arenas, it's not very difficult. The last, however, might be a little bit trickier to complete.

I can confirm you need silver medals to progress on the mission chain.

shadowkiller958
08-20-2013, 07:11 AM
.....while but people expecting sparkly new story content are going to be disappointed.

very true :(

Littleweasel
08-20-2013, 07:18 AM

That is it.

And that isn't speculation, that's from the PTS where we've been testing the dlc.

if there is no new story missions why would they say there is in the dlc details?

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?110494-Castithan-Charge-Pack-Discussion-Thread

Gomly
08-20-2013, 07:20 AM

Nope, it's silvers.

I've been doing it on the PTS.

As I said, that post wasn't me speculating it's what i've seen on the test server.

Gomly
08-20-2013, 07:21 AM
if there is no new story missions why would they say there is in the dlc details?

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?110494-Castithan-Charge-Pack-Discussion-Thread

No idea, but we've been playing the dlc on the PTS and there is no new story missions.

Mowazzy
08-20-2013, 07:21 AM

That link specifically mentions new story lines.
– Access to a new Story Mission Line with new Battle Arena Game Mode

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2013, 07:24 AM
I don't even care about new story missions... I just can't wait to invade the mixed servers with my Castithan alt.

Arsenic_Touch
08-20-2013, 07:26 AM

Because they make a habit of saying one thing and doing another.

For those that need more clarification.

3 data recorders and 5 silver medals in each different arena will net you the green charge blade (weakest) and a castithan mask.
There's a pursuit to get gold in every arena and another one to complete the extremely short storyline. There's a new pursuit for the dueling under the pvp section. There's a new pursuit for the volge which awards a volge helmet. And there's one side mission linked to the sieges which awards you a green volge LMG. That's it for story content. New contracts for the arena, one has you do all of them, the other has you do one random one for rep.

Gomly
08-20-2013, 07:27 AM
That link specifically mentions new story lines.
– Access to a new Story Mission Line with new Battle Arena Game Mode

We know it does.

But the dlc is on the PTS ... we've been playing it ... there are no new story missions.

I don't know how many ways I can say it.

Story missions .. no.
Missions of story .. there are none.
Storyline doth not continueth onward.

There are some data recorders and medals to be won for the new Casti alts that appear ... that is it.
There are some missions for sieges ... that is it.
There are some missions for arena ... that is it.

Story line has no new missions.

L Y
08-20-2013, 07:31 AM
I don't even care about new story missions... I just can't wait to invade the mixed servers with my Castithan alt.
I will be at work all day. Once I am home I will try to contact you to Casti it up.

Dracian
08-20-2013, 07:33 AM
There's a pursuit to get gold in every arena

I knew you needed gold in every arena for something while on the PTS. That wasn't for the "quest" but for the pursuits.

Littleweasel
08-20-2013, 07:35 AM
We know it does.

But the dlc is on the PTS ... we've been playing it ... there are no new story missions.

I don't know how many ways I can say it.

Story missions .. no.
Missions of story .. there are none.
Storyline doth not continueth onward.

There are some data recorders and medals to be won for the new Casti alts that appear ... that is it.
There are some missions for sieges ... that is it.
There are some missions for arena ... that is it.

Story line has no new missions.

so basically your paying $10 for about a couple hours of content, henc its not worth the $10 you have to pay for it?

Arsenic_Touch
08-20-2013, 07:37 AM
so basically your paying $10 for about a couple hours of content, henc its not worth the $10 you have to pay for it?

That's why I say the free content is awesome and the paid content is insulting to anyone who paid for the season pass.

Gomly
08-20-2013, 07:38 AM

When you put it like that....

You do get a free Raptor though.
And Casti ... and a free blade ... and the arena and sieges.

Have I got you sold yet?

L Y
08-20-2013, 08:37 AM
basically you're paying $10
$10 is the price
Therefore it is worth $10

Ghost Daze
08-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Shame, I was hoping for quite alot new missions to do....
Am on 3rd playthrough now and getting bored :S

~Ghost~

M0G
08-20-2013, 09:21 AM

That is it.

lol, how monumentally disappointing.....

Why cant Trion learn that Data recorders suck? like, immensely, and we all hate doing them, they are no fun, and just lazy add ons....?

Unruhe
08-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Looking at test, there seems to be nothing of actual value in the DLC purchase and that disappoints me.

The Raptor had me excited until I found it had the speed and handling that felt inexplicably worse than the garbage truck you get for a couple missions. And the official response on the test boards was something like "It isn't supposed to be fun, it's supposed to let you put 4 people in a vehicle"

Charge blades are the first weapon in the game that actually do scaling damage based on color quality. The green freebie you get is fodder to be replaced as soon as you grind Thorn Liro rep (yay for single-player horde mode daily quests) or get lucky with a lockbox.

The "story" content is just breadcrumbs to funnel you into the aforementioned single-player horde mode missions.

TBH it seems like the only reason to get this pack is if you REALLY want to be an albino... That wears all unlocked clothing and armor 100% identical to humans anyway.

All that being said, I'm still excited for the patch, just not the parts I would have to pay for. I came to Defiance late (picked it up during Steam Summer Sale) and so the core shooter mechanics haven't worn on me yet, so I'm going to have a blast with sieges and DM arkfalls and I'll eventually get a blade from a lockbox or a friend to play around with. Cheaper weapon modding and the actual availability of decent synergy mods means I can screw around with my inventory a lot more than I could when adding a mod slot cost 70,000 freaking salvage.

It's sad that, even though it's, what, 4 months late(?) that the paid portion of this DLC still feels rushed and incomplete. Even something as simple as the stupid arena allowing co-op would have convinced me to buy it, but as it is it's a no-sale for me.

omega32x
08-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Looking at test, there seems to be nothing of actual value in the DLC purchase and that disappoints me.

The Raptor had me excited until I found it had the speed and handling that felt inexplicably worse than the garbage truck you get for a couple missions. And the official response on the test boards was something like "It isn't supposed to be fun, it's supposed to let you put 4 people in a vehicle"

Charge blades are the first weapon in the game that actually do scaling damage based on color quality. The green freebie you get is fodder to be replaced as soon as you grind Thorn Liro rep (yay for single-player horde mode daily quests) or get lucky with a lockbox.

The "story" content is just breadcrumbs to funnel you into the aforementioned single-player horde mode missions.

TBH it seems like the only reason to get this pack is if you REALLY want to be an albino... That wears all unlocked clothing and armor 100% identical to humans anyway.

All that being said, I'm still excited for the patch, just not the parts I would have to pay for. I came to Defiance late (picked it up during Steam Summer Sale) and so the core shooter mechanics haven't worn on me yet, so I'm going to have a blast with sieges and DM arkfalls and I'll eventually get a blade from a lockbox or a friend to play around with. Cheaper weapon modding and the actual availability of decent synergy mods means I can screw around with my inventory a lot more than I could when adding a mod slot cost 70,000 freaking salvage.

It's sad that, even though it's, what, 4 months late(?) that the paid portion of this DLC still feels rushed and incomplete. Even something as simple as the stupid arena allowing co-op would have convinced me to buy it, but as it is it's a no-sale for me.

The DLC info was sketchy from the beginning on both this one and future ones for me and thats why im just gonna wait them out to be honest. Iv already invest about 100 into the core game to begin with anyways. Wasn't about to give them anymore specially if the content was going to be partially still very shallow at best.

theblackfrog
08-20-2013, 10:53 AM
its a dead game with a bad DLC which you cant find on steam...lol

someone mentioned this game is dead by august...everybody was laughing and blaming him....it seems he wasnt that wrong.