PDA

View Full Version : About 3 1/2 hours til DLC comes out!! Sell weapons now before they get price dropped!

BIEBERyoloSWAG
08-20-2013, 06:09 AM
I have seen this before in games. And have lost REAL money in some of those games when DLCs come out

In the last game i was addicted to i actually lost interest in the game because my items would never gain value and were consistently losing value due to DLC.

Does anyone else think that these weapons, especially shotguns, will lower the values of the current ones out, in particular the Fraggers?

I have my bets that the worst of guns (example a bad grind fragger) which would sell for 200k or a little above will sell for 100k or less after these new guns (if they are better) take over. I dont think snipers and pistols will be effected as much since they are low priced already, but who knows they may be effected to the point of buying them for 10k each like rockets.

Any other thoughts on this?

xilfxlegion
08-20-2013, 06:11 AM
i have been trying all morning to move a couple of mods and an orange immunizer. no one is buying anything.

not even seeing people buy at ark falls.

Mowazzy
08-20-2013, 06:12 AM
all the feedback so far says the new weapons aren't anything special. I am sure there will be a few surprises and mis-information from those that want to get a head start on everyone else in finding the best new stuff. I was happy read that the new charge pistols aren't great, but the shot guns are. only 3.5 hours till we begin to find out for sure :)

xilfxlegion
08-20-2013, 06:20 AM
all the feedback so far says the new weapons aren't anything special. I am sure there will be a few surprises and mis-information from those that want to get a head start on everyone else in finding the best new stuff. I was happy read that the new charge pistols aren't great, but the shot guns are. only 3.5 hours till we begin to find out for sure :)

3.5 hours ? site says 4:45 pm est.

Mowazzy
08-20-2013, 06:23 AM
ah yeah more like 7 hours est

and then 1-2 for DL patch lol

BIEBERyoloSWAG
08-20-2013, 06:25 AM
I read something earlier that said 945pst which would be in about 3.5 hours. It was from Morgana the admin

xilfxlegion
08-20-2013, 06:37 AM
I read something earlier that said 945pst which would be in about 3.5 hours. It was from Morgana the admin

that is when they are taking the servers down for four hours.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
08-20-2013, 06:44 AM
that is when they are taking the servers down for four hours.

Oh gotcha. Yay. That means i wont miss anything!! Once i get home from work people will just be starting the download.

Junky
08-20-2013, 06:54 AM
ppl ppl lol. 9.45am 20th aug na severs down time 4hrs. 4.45pm 20th aug eu servers down time 4hrs. so ppl on this forum both eu an na, whom outa eu or na gets to play dlc 1st >.< . all the best junky :)

antlad
08-20-2013, 08:52 AM
I think you may want to make better decisions on where you invest your money if this is an issue for you.

Indra Echo
08-20-2013, 08:53 AM
I have seen this before in games. And have lost REAL money in some of those games when DLCs come out

In the last game i was addicted to i actually lost interest in the game because my items would never gain value and were consistently losing value due to DLC.

Does anyone else think that these weapons, especially shotguns, will lower the values of the current ones out, in particular the Fraggers?

I have my bets that the worst of guns (example a bad grind fragger) which would sell for 200k or a little above will sell for 100k or less after these new guns (if they are better) take over. I dont think snipers and pistols will be effected as much since they are low priced already, but who knows they may be effected to the point of buying them for 10k each like rockets.

How did you lose real money?

This all bears out how silly it is to even use imaginary money like scrip and buy something that's totally unnecessary or just not worth the price paid. Part of the fun of the game for me is getting what I earn, being surprised when something pretty good comes along, or even winning a contest. I don't buy stuff and only ever bought one thing (for the vendor price) from someone else-one mod.

I don't know if you really meant actual money or just in game money, but if real money then well too bad. It's super silly and out and out wrong for anyone to be using real money to buy weapons or anything else from others.

And if the idea was to wait for top prices on things and then sell, well that time has come and gone. It may return, but I think Trion's strategy may be to continually nerf and buff different things, so that people won't all want only one build and create stagnation in the game. Today's MVW (most valuable weapon) is tomorrow's salvage. Might teach some to stop chasing after lockboxes and sellers and just play the game-I fully realize some think that's a fun part of the game.

However, it's extremely annoying to get a bunch of messages at an arkfall asking me to buy something or to sell something or to listen to some guy repeatedly ask the same question at an arkfall, "anyone got an orange SAW for 200k" and then listen to others rip him a new one. Or to get a bunch of friend requests because someone wants to buy my orange shield.

Gravi7y
08-20-2013, 09:00 AM
Sell me a discount Grind Fragger

You're not getting my grind fraggers.

:p

bobstonecold
08-20-2013, 09:09 AM
I'm just wondering if the DLC are coming out today

Ssdmiddleman
08-20-2013, 09:32 AM
I think they meant that in some games RWT is allowed and if prices fluctuate you could lose money on an investment, kinda like the stock market.

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2013, 09:35 AM
I don't take any thread seriously when it's created by someone with "Bieber" as part of their screen name.

Doggy
08-20-2013, 09:55 AM

This is the best thing for the game. The game was getting ruined by the "arms dealers" combine with the lack of knowledge and the fact, everyone had a Million dollar weapon, the game was becoming a business versus a fun game. Yes I know in a few weeks the game will once again turn into a business again. But at least for the next weeks, I don't have to worry about pointless ark spamming or annoying people trying to get 3x what an item is actually worth. I am glad they are giving the ability to get more things and chances in game versus relying on people bumping and spamming the game an arkfalls