PDA

View Full Version : is there an ingame trading post/AH

Jaxx
03-31-2013, 06:35 PM
i never got to play any of the betas but i was wondering if there is an economy in the game like an auction house or something similar, i know there is the defiance store for buying stuff with bits but is there anything else?

FantasyMeister
03-31-2013, 06:38 PM
There's trading between two players (open trade window, put in items, agree) but that's all that was in the beta.

Arinzal
03-31-2013, 06:39 PM
For auction house goto http://www.scripsandbits.com/

Jaxx
03-31-2013, 06:40 PM
so basically we break down the items we find or sell them to vendors? no need to stash things to sell?

FantasyMeister
03-31-2013, 06:42 PM
so basically we break down the items we find or sell them to vendors? no need to stash things to sell?

Yup, that's pretty much all there is. But as your inventory expands you might be able to store a few weapons/shields/grenades that you collect on your travels if you have friends that have stated they're looking for a particular weapon type or item. Not sure how big inventory gets but I had around 22-28 slots in Beta with EGO 500, and the EGO cap is 5000 at release.

Jaxx
03-31-2013, 06:43 PM
oh wow, so we can post up items to sell to people or submit buying orders for things in game via that site? thats cool and crazy at the same time lol

Defy
03-31-2013, 06:44 PM
last I heard there was no AH but I hope they will add one

Tango80
03-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Really i don't understand you guys and AH's. I mean an EGO rated gun of 500 can only be used by Ego rated people of 500 or more.

All guns that you pick up find or buy are usually rated to your EGO level. So i just don't understand if your an EGO rated 5000 person the only guns your going to sell is to people who have the same EGO level as yourself. Where as that same person just has to search around if they want to get the gun your selling. Heck they might even get one that is much better than the one your selling.

So i don't see what the point is.
Getting Script is easy
Getting gear is easy
Salvage that's the most expensive thing in the game.
Modding gear take salvage at roughly EGO rating of around 500 take about 18k salvage just to mod two more slots into a gun that already has 2 mod slots unlocked.

Jaxx
03-31-2013, 07:49 PM
i asked the question because as i said i have not been able to play the game at all, so i dont know about anything in the game

Teizar
03-31-2013, 07:52 PM
I played in beta event 2 an 3 and from what I seen you will get more then enough weapons shields grenades then you know what to do with(salvage) and purples oranges will be almost like blues greens at endgame EGO 5000. So a trading post is kinda unnecessary sense by then you should have made some friends to give awesome but unwanted gear to.

MrTexas
03-31-2013, 08:19 PM
Really i don't understand you guys and AH's. I mean an EGO rated gun of 500 can only be used by Ego rated people of 500 or more.

All guns that you pick up find or buy are usually rated to your EGO level. So i just don't understand if your an EGO rated 5000 person the only guns your going to sell is to people who have the same EGO level as yourself. Where as that same person just has to search around if they want to get the gun your selling. Heck they might even get one that is much better than the one your selling.

So i don't see what the point is.
Getting Script is easy
Getting gear is easy
Salvage that's the most expensive thing in the game.
Modding gear take salvage at roughly EGO rating of around 500 take about 18k salvage just to mod two more slots into a gun that already has 2 mod slots unlocked.

Um because in 6 months when there is a ton of people at EGO 5000 then it will work great...I dont understand how you people cant look to the future...

Schwa
03-31-2013, 08:21 PM
There's an in-universe Need/Want place that could easily be tooled into an auction house. I wouldn't expect Trion to just completely skip something like this over-- the game just needs more usable item types for it to be worthwhile.