PDA

View Full Version : Avoid Shooting Bugs in Arkfalls?

Doomsaw
03-31-2013, 06:38 PM
Hi,

I remember reading somewhere that there are certain bugs that you should avoid killing during an Arkfall. Apparently these bugs will destroy the arkfalls if they are left alive for a certain period of time.

Anyone know if that is true / details?

Thanks!

LadyChaos
03-31-2013, 06:41 PM
Hi,

I remember reading somewhere that there are certain bugs that you should avoid killing during an Arkfall. Apparently these bugs will destroy the arkfalls if they are left alive for a certain period of time.

Thanks!

the first wave of some of the arkfalls will announce that the mini bugs weaken the crystalwhen they bite on it. If you kill those minibugs then the crystal never grows those sweet spots to shoot and takes forever and much ammo eventually killling the ultimate final wave of the final matron where everyone runs out of ammo and time...

a tip to tell quickly: if the quest helper says kill the wave.. kill everything.. if it says kill the crystal leave the babies alone.

TheFlash
03-31-2013, 06:42 PM
Yes. There is an early type of hellbug arkfall where the goal is to destroy the crystal. This is part of a major arkfall, so you have to do it multiple times. The crystals have a load of hitpoints, and the only way to crit them is to hit glowing points that appear on their surface.

However, these glowing points only appear when Hellbug Skitterlings (sp?, the little ones) get up to the crystal and interact with it. Thus, you should kill all other types of hellbugs, but leave the little ones alone. I've seen several of these arkfalls unintentionally sabotaged by people driving vehicles over the skitterlings until finally the timer to destroy the crystals simply runs out.

ANTI
03-31-2013, 06:44 PM
One of the mobs would plant an exploding barrel next to the ark if not killed right away. Another bug would aid in exposing the arcs weakspots if not killed. Only way I figured this out is reading it somewhere in a post during beta. Don't think I would have figured this out on my own. Would be nice if it was a little more obvious in-game, but live and learn.

dirtyklingon
03-31-2013, 06:47 PM
One of the mobs would plant an exploding barrel next to the ark if not killed right away. Another bug would aid in exposing the arcs weakspots if not killed. Only way I figured this out is reading it somewhere in a post during beta. Don't think I would have figured this out on my own. Would be nice if it was a little more obvious in-game, but live and learn.

there'sa voice over that repeats the instructions over and over and over and over and over.

TheFlash
03-31-2013, 06:47 PM
Through most of the content, if you stop for a moment when you hear your EGO chime in, she will give you hints about the mechanics. These hints are often important, but they are harder to hear and pay attention to in group events. In all three of the types of arkfalls I've participated in, my EGO indirectly told me exactly what to do.

Tyryt
03-31-2013, 07:03 PM
the EGO gave it away pretty clearly...( and over and over and over..)

If there is a wave counter, kill everything. If it's destroy the crystal and bugs, leave the skitterlings, shoot the orb/blisters that appear on the crystal, if it's mutants, let the berzerks plant barrels, then blow them up. If it's 99ers, kill the ones with rocket launchers, pick up the launcher (advanced weapon) and shoot the crystal with it. Do not bother trying to shoot the crystal directly, you will do no damage and just waste ammo. There's a lot more advanced tactics, but i'll leave those to you to find out. :)

Aeekto
03-31-2013, 07:20 PM
the EGO gave it away pretty clearly...( and over and over and over..)

If there is a wave counter, kill everything. If it's destroy the crystal and bugs, leave the skitterlings, shoot the orb/blisters that appear on the crystal, if it's mutants, let the berzerks plant barrels, then blow them up. If it's 99ers, kill the ones with rocket launchers, pick up the launcher (advanced weapon) and shoot the crystal with it. Do not bother trying to shoot the crystal directly, you will do no damage and just waste ammo. There's a lot more advanced tactics, but i'll leave those to you to find out. :)

you said some right things, but not 100% :p

Destroy Crystal Arkfalls:

Hellbugs = Skitterlings bite weakspots (yellow/orange glowing circles) into the Crystal where you will do a high amount of damage to the crystal

Mutants = Elite-Cleaver plants 3 barrels (and some random mines) before he starts attacking people.... shoot the barrels and him after the third so the next can spawn for another 3 barrels..... he is the bigger melee mutant with 2 axes and a helmet.

99ers = Pick up the randomly spawned Advanced Weapon named "Pulverizor" (itīs the melee-type weapon) and hit the crystal 3 times with it.

Raiders = Kill Blaster and Elite-Blaster so that they drop an Advanced Weapon named "EMC Firebreather" (itīs a rocketlauncher) which will make a high amount of damage to the crystal

Edit:
removed both scrapper again because of alpha NDA (have forgotten which had been in the beta and which not)....... but i can post them at release day again, because everyone could figure it out on their own then ;)
And 99ers iīm not 100% sure if they were in beta, but i realy believe i did at least one in beta so i can spread this info :D

Guyonbench
03-31-2013, 07:36 PM
See, now this is what forums should be like and about.
I knew about the hellbug mechanic and the explosive barrel mechanic, but not the other two. I never actually saw an arkfall involving 99ers in my weekend beta event.
Thanks all for passing on the information.

Sanguinesun
03-31-2013, 07:39 PM
See, now this is what forums should be like and about.
I knew about the hellbug mechanic and the explosive barrel mechanic, but not the other two. I never actually saw an arkfall involving 99ers in my weekend beta event.
Thanks all for passing on the information.

Because they were basically not found in the beta 3 wave area for the most part.

Guyonbench
03-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Because they were basically not found in the beta 3 wave area for the most part.

Makes sence. I belive I only saw a group of three or four 99ers once while playing. They were just hanging out down near the Crater bar. Enemys with shields wernt very common up till that point, then I find a group of em all with shields. Took me by suprise really.

Senel
03-31-2013, 08:27 PM
I like that we have some enemies that actually can be beneficial to us even in a big firefight that is arkfalls.

Teizar
03-31-2013, 08:39 PM
Yes, most definitely the biggest thing that I noticed while playing is listen/read the hints at the bottom of the screen its a great source of hints but never hurts to defend your self thou XD

Senel
03-31-2013, 09:22 PM
Yeah the game has a lot of things going on so a lot of things could fly over your head like the little hellbugs actually helping weaken the crystals, makes you have to be more aware and paying attention even in all that chaos.

Valethar
03-31-2013, 09:42 PM
there'sa voice over that repeats the instructions over and over and over and over and over.

You're forgetting that the idiots driving around the crystals in their cars lack the cerebral tools needed to understand those instructions.

russell733
03-31-2013, 09:51 PM
Also its bad to ram your car into the crystal and then leave it there, where its in the way of everyone trying to shoot those weak spots.

DS Triggah
03-31-2013, 11:28 PM
the little bugs cause a critical spot on the crystals that is all so dont kill the little fookers
Hi,

Thanks!