PDA

View Full Version : preorder rewards, single character or all?

Catkicker
03-31-2013, 06:53 PM
i like to start all new mmo's with a mule so if i screw up(and dont we all screw up our first toons? ;) ) i dont ruin my main. the difference with this game is not knowing if the exp/weapon/gear rewards are for only one toon or all. and for the exp reward, is it automatic or do you decide when you start those bonus's?

RawrKitty
03-31-2013, 06:55 PM
good question, id like to know this as well, i make 2-3 chars to play with different people and preserve progression when they're on.

so yeah, can only one char claim?

RawrKitty
03-31-2013, 06:56 PM
at least, OP, you wont have same issue as me, to get your preorder bonuses you have to "claim" them from the cash shop, aka you wont get anything until you do, making a mule character wont hurt you so long as you dont claim.

TR GunPlay
03-31-2013, 06:56 PM
Account wide. all your characters will have them

Defy
03-31-2013, 06:57 PM
i think its for your account so every char you make on the account will get the bonuses

Catkicker
03-31-2013, 06:57 PM
wow, thanks for the quick replies. now just have to wait .0000002 seconds for an answer to the exp bonus i guess ;)

edit: if it starts when you make a new toon, or you get to trigger it.

Xtheoneandonly
03-31-2013, 06:58 PM
Mildly off topic, but which weapons will you all be claiming from preorder? I myself am getting the Sporeshot....can't wait to try it out.

Catkicker
03-31-2013, 07:01 PM
i dont know, havent had a chance yet to find out what all are available and what they do. if i can i'll use an assault rifle with launcher, or sniper and grenade launcher. going vet as backstory because i are one :) also why i want to use launcher, im good with them IRL :)

RawrKitty
03-31-2013, 07:03 PM
exp bonus is automatically granted at the time of purchase, you hit "purchase" on it and it starts ticking down immediately, im not sure if it affects all characters or just one, i can tell you post launch ill test it but yeah i never went to another toon during beta :P,

and im getting a sniper rifle, cause they're boss.

Xirn
03-31-2013, 07:04 PM
They'll probably all be obsolete in a day.. as all preorder bonuses end up being..

Catkicker
03-31-2013, 07:05 PM
hehe, just noticed your name. we should be each other nemesis :)

Xtheoneandonly
03-31-2013, 07:05 PM
and im getting a sniper rifle, cause they're boss.
They are at that, Kitty, but from what I've seen they are a frequent drop in the game (for me at least)

Catkicker
03-31-2013, 07:06 PM
and no, i dont hate cats. i actually like kittens.....i just cant eat a whole one ;)

in one sitting :D

Xtheoneandonly
03-31-2013, 07:08 PM
i just cant eat a whole one

But kittens are small! and once you take out the bones, there's not much meat! How can you not finish one? XD

TR GunPlay
03-31-2013, 07:08 PM
i dont know, havent had a chance yet to find out what all are available and what they do. if i can i'll use an assault rifle with launcher, or sniper and grenade launcher. going vet as backstory because i are one :) also why i want to use launcher, im good with them IRL :)

Where did you serve brother?

Catkicker
03-31-2013, 07:24 PM
78-83 USAF Security Police, 78-80 hahn ab germany, 80-83 davis-monthan afb with tdy's to saudi arabia(2 3 month tours, including the first), bold eagle 82. yeah, probably i bit before your time :)

hell, i just thought about my toon turns 30 in oct. :|

TR GunPlay
03-31-2013, 07:28 PM
78-83 USAF Security Police, 78-80 hahn ab germany, 80-83 davis-monthan afb with tdy's to saudi arabia(2 3 month tours, including the first), bold eagle 82. yeah, probably i bit before your time :)

hell, i just thought about my toon turns 30 in oct. :|

Yeah a little before my time

Catkicker
03-31-2013, 07:28 PM
But kittens are small! and once you take out the bones, there's not much meat! How can you not finish one? XD

you debone your's alive? you cad! ;)

Xtheoneandonly
03-31-2013, 07:29 PM
you debone your's alive? you cad! ;)

No, of course not! I debone them after I take them off the spit.

Catkicker
03-31-2013, 07:34 PM
i think im going to have to log off, major lightning strikes, just had one within a mile of me. gn all

Xtheoneandonly
03-31-2013, 07:35 PM
G'night, Kicks....We'll play poker for kittens some other time

Sakara
03-31-2013, 08:03 PM
Account wide. all your characters will have them

Just curious, but has this been confirmed by the devs? While I know it is generally the case, I have run into the occasional game where the items were only good for one character. Given that I have a habit of making a character, running it game only to decide I do not like the particular look I chose, and then remake the character, I am hoping it is account wide.

Xtheoneandonly
03-31-2013, 08:06 PM
Just curious, but has this been confirmed by the devs? While I know it is generally the case, I have run into the occasional game where the items were only good for one character. Given that I have a habit of making a character, running it game only to decide I do not like the particular look I chose, and then remake the character, I am hoping it is account wide.

Yes, I don't remember where, it might have been in one of the livestreams, but it is Dev confirmed that the Arkfall codes and all Preorder bonuses are account wide....with the exception of the preorder goodies being platform bound (xbox goodies won't cross over to ps or oc and vice versa)

Sakara
03-31-2013, 08:06 PM
Yes, I don't remember where, it might have been in one of the livestreams, but it is Dev confirmed that the Arkfall codes and all Preorder bonuses are account wide....with the exception of the preorder goodies being platform bound (xbox goodies won't cross over to ps or oc and vice versa)

Excellent, and thanks!

0_d4RK_FaLLen
03-31-2013, 08:12 PM
Does that include the lockboxes? I can see a lot of people trying to "cheat" the system using lockboxes and trades to get cash.

Catkicker
03-31-2013, 09:22 PM
yeah, easy exploit there, make your main and a second toon, give lockbox from 2nd to main, delete 2nd, make a 3rd rinse and repeat.

i still wonder if the bonus exp will run from day one for all your toons, or if you get it each time you make a new toon, or if you can trigger it somehow. i could see holding on to it for a major event weekend where you could really get a lot out of it.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
03-31-2013, 09:27 PM
yeah, easy exploit there, make your main and a second toon, give lockbox from 2nd to main, delete 2nd, make a 3rd rinse and repeat.

i still wonder if the bonus exp will run from day one for all your toons, or if you get it each time you make a new toon, or if you can trigger it somehow. i could see holding on to it for a major event weekend where you could really get a lot out of it.

Boosts they did say for sure starts at first log in and goes 3, 7, 30 days.

Catkicker
03-31-2013, 10:48 PM
well, damn, might as well not have it then, theres so little info on how to build a toon and what skills to take im pretty sure the first week or so i'll just be playing my mule.

but thanks for the answer

0_d4RK_FaLLen
03-31-2013, 10:58 PM
well, damn, might as well not have it then, theres so little info on how to build a toon and what skills to take im pretty sure the first week or so i'll just be playing my mule.

but thanks for the answer

Make the character you will want look wise then play it as a mule. There is a respect option so even if you have ego of 800 just pay th scrip and change your perks. Dont try to expand the perks too soon, you get a perk slot at ego rating 1 at 20, 2 at 50, 3 at 100, 4 at 250, 5 at 500, 6 at 1000 and so on.

Catkicker
03-31-2013, 11:59 PM
ah, didnt know there was a respec. yeah, that helps, no need to waste time on a mule then.