PDA

View Full Version : Downtime.

DreadBox
08-20-2013, 10:07 AM
I understand that the DLC maintenance will have a duration of 4 hours. I have an impatient question(im extremely excited :D) Does this mean it will really take 4 hours? or is it possible it would finish before the ETA?

Arsenic_Touch
08-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Expect it to take longer.

Gomly
08-20-2013, 10:14 AM
It IS possible it could finish before but it is highly likely it may take a bit longer.

stripclubdj
08-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Expect it to take longer. BEST POST OF THE DAY! LOL im glad im working 10-6 hopefully ready to rock by the time i get home

Ssdmiddleman
08-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Run around in circles for hours due to excitement! It'll kill time great, especially if you pass out from exhaustion.

Tyger
08-20-2013, 10:18 AM
My luck I'll get home and D'L it just to have my girlie pull some jimmy-jam reason as to why I must not be online at that particular moment. She's always tryin' to stifle muh creativity online yo' >.>

MacDeath
08-20-2013, 10:21 AM
I understand that the DLC maintenance will have a duration of 4 hours. I have an impatient question(im extremely excited :D) Does this mean it will really take 4 hours? or is it possible it would finish before the ETA?

I'm betting it will NOT take all of four hours. Here's my thinking. This is the first big deliverable since Chris took over as the EP for Defiance and Scott took over as the CEO of Trion. I would expect BOTH of them to want to show us a new face of Trion, a Trion that under promises and over delivers.

I would expect this patch to actually require ~ two hours, so they doubled it so as to under promise. Of course, faster or slower doesn't matter unless it runs well after we get it up.

DreadBox
08-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Run around in circles for hours due to excitement! It'll kill time great, especially if you pass out from exhaustion. Nah. Think ill go to the gym and do power cleans. Do you even lift?

Ssdmiddleman
08-20-2013, 10:22 AM
That would be great if it took less than the expected time.

DreadBox
08-20-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm betting it will NOT take all of four hours. Here's my thinking. This is the first big deliverable since Chris took over as the EP for Defiance and Scott took over as the CEO of Trion. I would expect BOTH of them to want to show us a new face of Trion, a Trion that under promises and over delivers.

I would expect this patch to actually require ~ two hours, so they doubled it so as to under promise. Of course, faster or slower doesn't matter unless it runs well after we get it up.
Thats a really great positive outlook on it. Thanks for the info bud!

DreadBox
08-20-2013, 10:25 AM
That would be great if it took less than the expected time.

It really would!

DreadBox
08-20-2013, 10:28 AM
My luck I'll get home and D'L it just to have my girlie pull some jimmy-jam reason as to why I must not be online at that particular moment. She's always tryin' to stifle muh creativity online yo' >.>

i can relate man trust me.. Lol

Gomly
08-20-2013, 10:29 AM
I would expect this patch to actually require ~ two hours,

If that happens, you can have all my stuff.

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Expect it to take longer.

^^ This... which also keeps you from being disappointed when it does, in fact, take longer.

MacDeath
08-20-2013, 10:33 AM
^^ This... which also keeps you from being disappointed when it does, in fact, take longer.
Plan for the best, but expect the worst.

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2013, 12:11 PM

I'm a big fan of the "keep your expectations low" saying, myself. ;)

Gomly
08-20-2013, 12:16 PM

Well, it's been 2 hours so I get to keep my stuff.

Flank
08-20-2013, 12:17 PM

You should try and make her meme's. Horrible ones that make no sense. Show your enthusiasm for what you just created. Tell her she inspires you.
I'd say you should be playing with the rest of us, about 30 to 45mins after making the first meme.
Or if this was BlckOps2.. you could just hire a "replacer".

Tyger
08-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Naaa' I can't do that. I'll just tap her on her 'reset' button and leave her all relaxed like.