PDA

View Full Version : Walmart pre-order

Paladin
03-31-2013, 06:59 PM
Can't believe I'm BARELY doing this but anyways here's the problem: tomorrow I'm going to call the gamestop where I preordered my copy and ask if there will be a midnight release...buuuuuuut I'm pretty sure there won't be one. So I'm going to take my money to Walmart, now the question is: Does anyone know if I get a pre order card on Monday the day before release, will I still be able to pick up Defiance midnight release.

Xtheoneandonly
03-31-2013, 07:01 PM
My advice? Don't cancel this close to release. Stick with gamestop. The sporeshot is well worth it.

TR GunPlay
03-31-2013, 07:03 PM
Can't believe I'm BARELY doing this but anyways here's the problem: tomorrow I'm going to call the gamestop where I preordered my copy and ask if there will be a midnight release...buuuuuuut I'm pretty sure there won't be one. So I'm going to take my money to Walmart, now the question is: Does anyone know if I get a pre order card on Monday the day before release, will I still be able to pick up Defiance midnight release.

I don't see why not. Call them just to make sure though

Rabid Cat
03-31-2013, 07:11 PM
I went to my WalMart on Saturday and they didn't have any Defiance pre-order cards.

Arinzal
03-31-2013, 07:14 PM
:( Gamestop in my town won't be having midnight release they said cause it not one of the popular games out there. I was the one who made it known to them when i preordered.

LordsOfSkulls
03-31-2013, 07:18 PM
Honestly just cancle and get delux from steam u get more awesome stuff plus u be ready moment server goes up

Paladin
I went to my WalMart on Saturday and they didn't have any Defiance pre-order cards.

Wait so as long as they have cards it's cool? The one by my house has 4 left.

Xtheoneandonly
I don't think that any gamestops are doing midnight releases for this, sadly. *shrugs* I'll be picking up my copy on the way home from work.

Dancer
03-31-2013, 07:19 PM
To pre-order from Walmart was told you had to do it using the internet site. So I ordered it on 30 March from them and after I comferm the order was told on reciept that Wallmart will not be shipping it till 8 April. So go order it in store from Gamestop or Best Buy.

velvet
03-31-2013, 07:24 PM

I got my card two days ago and was told my game will be there at 12:01am tusday morning/Monday night

0_d4RK_FaLLen
03-31-2013, 07:40 PM
If your looking to get standard version you should be able to pick up at midnight. All stores already got their shipments so just ask if they have extras. Ones out be me only got 2 standard copies outside of preorders on all platforms.

Pain
03-31-2013, 07:54 PM
I was just about to post a thread similar to this, so thanks for sparing me the trouble.

I've had my copy pre-ordered with GameStop for a LONG time and I'm bummed about no midnight release, so I was planning on canceling my pre-order and pre-ordering with WalMart, but I assume they don't take in-store pre-orders?

I really don't want to wait until 10:00 AM the next day to get my copy...

Xtheoneandonly
03-31-2013, 07:56 PM
My advice? Don't cancel this close to release. Stick with gamestop. The sporeshot is well worth it.

Repeating what I said earlier XD

velvet
03-31-2013, 08:02 PM
I was just about to post a thread similar to this, so thanks for sparing me the trouble.

I've had my copy pre-ordered with GameStop for a LONG time and I'm bummed about no midnight release, so I was planning on canceling my pre-order and pre-ordering with WalMart, but I assume they don't take in-store pre-orders?

I really don't want to wait until 10:00 AM the next day to get my copy...

You walk in and buy a five buck pre order card.

Pain
03-31-2013, 08:04 PM
You walk in and buy a five buck pre order card.

Okay, will I still get the pre-order bonuses? i.e the Dodge Challenger and whatever WalMart's weapon bonus is?

Sex
03-31-2013, 08:05 PM
Why don't you guys cancel the pre-order and get it via steam or something? Unless downloading speeds would be an issue.

Arinzal
03-31-2013, 08:07 PM
Sex. I'm not playing the PC version I'm on xbox so canceling my preorder for steam would kinda leave my self hanging off a cliff with no help in sight. so no steam for me i had enough with that company.

velvet
03-31-2013, 08:09 PM
Why don't you guys cancel the pre-order and get it via steam or something? Unless downloading speeds would be an issue.

Cause I'm on ps3. And I don't like steam

Pain
03-31-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm on PS3 too.

Anubis
03-31-2013, 11:11 PM
Anyone know if only the standard edition is being offered in store or collectors edition as well as is with online ordering?

Arinzal
03-31-2013, 11:15 PM
The gamestop near me has all 3 in store and will be offering them with preorder bonuses as a purchase on launch