PDA

View Full Version : bolt action pistols

dude26212
08-20-2013, 10:51 AM
have made it to round two of patch notes. whats yalls opinon?

TravelerX1
08-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Lots of things made it to round two of the patch notes, LOL
But I am curious about that one.

Flank
08-20-2013, 10:57 AM
have made it to round two of patch notes. whats yalls opinon?

Saw that too... was wondering the same. There is already a slow firing high damage pistol in game.
The Magnum. So... yeah.. I got nothing.

Error404
08-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Saw that too... was wondering the same. There is already a slow firing high damage pistol in game.
The Magnum. So... yeah.. I got nothing.

Slow firing and sucks. Needs a MUCH higher crit multiplier to make it actually rewarding to use it over just about everything, including BMGs.

Flank
08-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Slow firing and sucks. Needs a MUCH higher crit multiplier to make it actually rewarding to use it over just about everything, including BMGs.

Absolutely. It must be for players that have severe arthritis.

dude26212
08-20-2013, 11:25 AM

hey i like that gun. its a gun i can actually use against volge. unlike bmgs god these things suck so hard ive only gotten them to lvl 3. anyways mine has a single crit bonuse so with pistols at 20 its got over 1000 dmg at x3 crit without figuring in perks and what not i think. falloff sucks just means you have to stay somewhat close to your target, make use of cover. boom dead, boom dead is how it works on average enemies

Error404
08-20-2013, 11:29 AM
hey i like that gun. its a gun i can actually use against volge. unlike bmgs god these things suck so hard ive only gotten them to lvl 3. anyways mine has a single crit bonuse so with pistols at 20 its got over 1000 dmg at x3 crit without figuring in perks and what not i think. falloff sucks just means you have to stay somewhat close to your target, make use of cover. boom dead, boom dead is how it works on average enemies

In the time you've fired two shots, I've fired upto 10 with a wolfhound or already began the reload cycle of a blaster. And with both the enemy is likely already dead.

Flank
08-20-2013, 11:31 AM
You should try WolfHounds and Frc Bull Rush'es. You go for crits, well then Wolfhound with syphon.. volge seem so to have once exsisted where the ER ammo crate and a blue weapon now lay. You are a true man that fishes with one of his bare hands while the other holds a Dr. PEPPER.
I tip my hat to you, champ. Magnum is painful for me in comparison to the other pistols.

FallenParadigm
08-20-2013, 11:49 AM
I use a Northstar Flare at present, but only because it is a one shot grenade pistol which recharges my EGO power 10-15% per reload :D should be a good starting combo for the sword ^~^

Flank
08-20-2013, 11:52 AM
I use a Northstar Flare at present, but only because it is a one shot grenade pistol which recharges my EGO power 10-15% per reload :D should be a good starting combo for the sword ^~^

Northstars are boss.. especially if they have a nano. Good addition to the Fire of the flare.
Can see how it benifits ya with the ego roll. Hope ya got a fast mag on it.
I personally like extended clips on them. Not sure if I'd use it for Volge encounters.

FallenParadigm
08-20-2013, 12:18 PM
I have only used it on the volge a few times, but it remains a good heavy hitter between Blur cooldowns where I can abuse the melee stock a bit more xD but I have no magazine slot mod on it just yet, plan to if it holds up after the patch though.

dude26212
08-20-2013, 12:30 PM
You should try WolfHounds and Frc Bull Rush'es. You go for crits, well then Wolfhound with syphon.. volge seem so to have once exsisted where the ER ammo crate and a blue weapon now lay. You are a true man that fishes with one of his bare hands while the other holds a Dr. PEPPER.
I tip my hat to you, champ. Magnum is painful for me in comparison to the other pistols.

how do you think i got to lvl 20 in pistols? its no fun usein the same gun all the time plus the revolver fits my play style against volge. shoot, hide, shoot, hide. with a wolfhoud im too tempted to empty the entire clip at one time which ends up with me gettin shot more then i need to. anyways like i pointed out they are good for small groups where you have the time to pick your shots and just make the enemy disappear with a single shot. think sniper rifle tactics with a pistol. sure wolfhounds are great but should you really be gettin too attached? you know like everyone was with the saw?

Thomas1975
08-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Lots of things made it to round two of the patch notes, LOL
But I am curious about that one.

see you using your real photo again.

Mowazzy
08-20-2013, 12:38 PM
but should you really be gettin too attached? you know like everyone was with the saw?

Silence! They'll hear you!!!!

General Sideboob
08-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Bull rush 45 with extra mag is so much fun. Get a huge swarm of 99ers or afflicted and kite them while knocking them over with the BR. Makes me laugh so hard.

Flank
08-20-2013, 12:58 PM
how do you think i got to lvl 20 in pistols? its no fun usein the same gun all the time plus the revolver fits my play style against volge. shoot, hide, shoot, hide. with a wolfhoud im too tempted to empty the entire clip at one time which ends up with me gettin shot more then i need to. anyways like i pointed out they are good for small groups where you have the time to pick your shots and just make the enemy disappear with a single shot. think sniper rifle tactics with a pistol. sure wolfhounds are great but should you really be gettin too attached? you know like everyone was with the saw?

Well for 1 I didn't know you were at skill level 20 with pistols.
Nor did I know you previously used HOUNDS. I can say that even though
it is a solid pistol, I enjoy using a variety. Vot blasters, Bull Rush, Vbi auto, Northstars.. ect..
While I can appreciate your hide and gun technique against Volge with the Magnum,
it doesn't offer me anything. Sad too, as I was looking forward to it. Then tried it. Pulling the trigger on it
is SOOOO SLOOOOW AND FOREEEEVER TAAAAKING. Like I said earlier.. you're a greater man then I.

dude26212
08-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Well for 1 I didn't know you were at skill level 20 with pistols.
Nor did I know you previously used HOUNDS. I can say that even though
it is a solid pistol, I enjoy using a variety. Vot blasters, Bull Rush, Vbi auto, Northstars.. ect..
While I can appreciate your hide and gun technique against Volge with the Magnum,
it doesn't offer me anything. Sad too, as I was looking forward to it. Then tried it. Pulling the trigger on it
is SOOOO SLOOOOW AND FOREEEEVER TAAAAKING. Like I said earlier.. you're a greater man then I.

well everyone has there own taste. for example i cant stand infectors or bmgs. im so glad i got infectors at 10 though really sad bmgs are still at lvl 3

Flank
08-20-2013, 01:10 PM
well everyone has there own taste. for example i cant stand infectors or bmgs. im so glad i got infectors at 10 though really sad bmgs are still at lvl 3

Seems we have an agreement on hatred of certain weapon types.

Flank
08-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Bull rush 45 with extra mag is so much fun. Get a huge swarm of 99ers or afflicted and kite them while knocking them over with the BR. Makes me laugh so hard.

This guy knows. Extended mag is a must. Not to mention 5 or 6, 99'ers all trying to stand up at the same time is hilarious.
If they ever make it that far.

Mowazzy
08-20-2013, 01:12 PM
so... new bolt action pistol is not a replacement for the Wolfhounds?

Orbital
08-20-2013, 01:16 PM
I have a pretty decent legendary assassin bullrush, even picked up a new assassin falloff dmg mod before servers went down.

Flank
08-20-2013, 01:19 PM
so... new bolt action pistol is not a replacement for the Wolfhounds?

Pretty sure it doesn't even exsist and/or was a type-o.
At least that is what I've read during this downtime.

Mowazzy
08-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Pretty sure it doesn't even exsist and/or was a type-o.
At least that is what I've read during this downtime.

hmm I hope you're right. would be hard to be better though, unless crit was ridiculous. even then WH would have fire rate, reload and mag size on it, in theory.

Flank
08-20-2013, 02:42 PM
hmm I hope you're right. would be hard to be better though, unless crit was ridiculous. even then WH would have fire rate, reload and mag size on it, in theory.

If that were the case.. I assume it would only come in ORANGE.