PDA

View Full Version : Did they remove the Red Triangle Tactical scope for ARs

JxSiN
08-20-2013, 02:04 PM
This is what I want to know the most, and can't yet since I am on PS3. I already know that I am going to be disappointed, but here's to a ray of hope flying out a unicorn's butt that they didn't

lastkatstanding
08-20-2013, 02:06 PM
From what I see it's still there... easier to buy them though..

JxSiN
08-20-2013, 02:07 PM

If it is still there, then I am about to go hug that unicorn!

Atticus Batman
08-20-2013, 02:07 PM

You'd have to use one to see if the red triangle scope visual is still there, most likely.

JxSiN
08-20-2013, 02:09 PM
The suspense is killing me. This is the deciding factor if I am spending those PSN cards I picked up today for bits on Defiance or for other games on PSN. I mean, Ducktails just got remastered... talk about childhood nostalgia

Atticus Batman
08-20-2013, 02:12 PM
The suspense is killing me. This is the deciding factor if I am spending those PSN cards I picked up today for bits on Defiance or for other games on PSN. I mean, Ducktails just got remastered... talk about childhood nostalgia

Ps3 must still be down? Ok I'll go fire up the 360 and start the patching process. But this will probably be answered before I can get the answer. LOL

lastkatstanding
08-20-2013, 02:13 PM
It will take me 10 minutes.... I'm adding a mod slot. On a side note, its about a million times easier to find syn mods. Plus adding a mod slot only costed me 400 compared to the 39000 ark salvage it was asking yesterday

gobi42
08-20-2013, 02:13 PM

lmao i know the feeling. But i'm with you i love that scope hope they kept it as well.

digetey dank
08-20-2013, 02:14 PM
on a heavy assault carbine the look of the tactical scope has reverted back to the original scope that was on the weapon.

JxSiN
08-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Ps3 must still be down? Ok I'll go fire up the 360 and start the patching process. But this will probably be answered before I can get the answer. LOL

As compensation for 2 Fridays in a row of PS3 NA servers going down during peak times, Trion decided to give us an extra hour of down time today

Flank
08-20-2013, 02:17 PM
It will take me 10 minutes.... I'm adding a mod slot. On a side note, its about a million times easier to find syn mods. Plus adding a mod slot only costed me 400 compared to the 39000 ark salvage it was asking yesterday

This makes me happy.. I hope it is that way for me as well. When ever the ps3 servers come back up. **Sighs**

Mtn_Magic
08-20-2013, 02:19 PM
As compensation for 2 Fridays in a row of PS3 NA servers going down during peak times, Trion decided to give us an extra hour of down time today

whats gonna be even better is when we log on the game is gonna be broken so look for more maint. to come..lol

Bonehead
08-20-2013, 02:21 PM
They are gone on PC

Atticus Batman
08-20-2013, 02:23 PM
They are gone on PC

Yep knew an answer would come after I start the patch.

JxSiN
08-20-2013, 02:26 PM
They are gone on PC

Man, F* trion. I shouldn't be surprised that they don't listen to the players and to all the people who wanted to keep it.
Ducktails it is

lastkatstanding
08-20-2013, 02:30 PM
For me it's like my scope isn't even attached to my gun.

JxSiN
08-20-2013, 02:49 PM
I love how they didn't even acknowledge the fact the people wanted this scope to stay. They can't play clueless. Dahanese even said in a previous thread about concerns if there were any specific concerns to address them and she would reply. I addressed this concern and heard only crickets.

Listen2Me
08-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Yeah they might as well just sell one scope now..cause they are all basically the same.

JxSiN
08-20-2013, 03:01 PM
The only hope I have now for Defiance is that they bring Rift devs over who actually know how to listen to fans and give the players what they want.

dominad
08-20-2013, 03:04 PM
The only hope I have now for Defiance is that they bring Rift devs over who actually know how to listen to fans and give the players what they want.
Jxsin seriously go play something else you will be much happier.

JxSiN
08-20-2013, 03:06 PM

When you have so much time and money invested into something you think is a great concept only to see it trampled by the people who are suppose to be making it better, it's hard even then just to turn away

Bonehead
08-20-2013, 03:09 PM
I feel ya jix

Indra Echo
08-20-2013, 03:39 PM
When you have so much time and money invested into something you think is a great concept only to see it trampled by the people who are suppose to be making it better, it's hard even then just to turn away

I understand what you're saying but if a scope on a gun is the tipping point you really have to reassess what you found fun to begin with.

That scope was the subject of endless complaints early on. I didn't care one way or the other. If I didn't like it well too bad. But the thing is a huge group complains that the grass is too green and so Trion makes the grass less green and then another group complains it's not green enough. This kind of thing is impossible to ever get right.

Sure there are a lot of justified complaints but people need to pick their battles. I've played a lot of games where the devs just decided to change things with little input from fans or crazy input-in one game they nerfed a PvE item that players thought was unnecessary. The players complaining, didn't even use the item (a spell) but apparently didn't like it that other players might need it to fight NPCs. Some things just never make sense.

Flank
08-20-2013, 03:44 PM
I love how they didn't even acknowledge the fact the people wanted this scope to stay. They can't play clueless. Dahanese even said in a previous thread about concerns if there were any specific concerns to address them and she would reply. I addressed this concern and heard only crickets.

Hey buddy, I know your pain. Just have some faith.. I think your scope will make back into the game when Trion hears the masses.
Sometimes it takes a bad thing to happen before people realize it was a bad thing. Haurts reading your posts when they are like this.
Makes me sad. Not the JxSin's posts I'm use to.

JxSiN
08-20-2013, 03:49 PM
I understand what you're saying but if a scope on a gun is the tipping point you really have to reassess what you found fun to begin with.

That scope was the subject of endless complaints early on. I didn't care one way or the other. If I didn't like it well too bad. But the thing is a huge group complains that the grass is too green and so Trion makes the grass less green and then another group complains it's not green enough. This kind of thing is impossible to ever get right.

Sure there are a lot of justified complaints but people need to pick their battles. I've played a lot of games where the devs just decided to change things with little input from fans or crazy input-in one game they nerfed a PvE item that players thought was unnecessary. The players complaining, didn't even use the item (a spell) but apparently didn't like it that other players might need it to fight NPCs. Some things just never make sense.

Actually it wasn't. If you read anything, there were more people wanting to keep that scope than were against it. But I don't expect you to understand that point as everything Trion does is gold in your eyes. The fact of the matter it, they also completely avoided giving us an answer about it, they preferred to just let it happen.

And yes, considering all the other things Trion has screwed up in this game, a scope was a tipping point

Sanguinesun
08-20-2013, 03:57 PM
But I don't expect you to understand that point as everything Trion does is gold in your eyes.

Jewel encrusted platinum may be more apt.

JxSiN
08-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Here is how the grass could have been greener on both sides:

Leave the red scope as it WAS a favorite by not just me but by a lot of people

Change the Stabilization Scope to a 3rd person scope as it should have been anyway and NO ONE is complaining about that

ADD a new 3rd person scope INSTEAD of taking away a good one

Give us the option to be able to replace just one mod without scrapping every mod

To hard to do? No
To hard for Trion to do or even acknowledge? Yes

Flank
08-20-2013, 04:23 PM
I think they should have left all scopes the way they were and just add in the 3rd person scopes.
1 similar to the Stabilization sight for movement accuracy and magnification.
And another similar to the Assualt sight as far as the enhanced magnification.

I don't see how having a few more options in addition to the ones we already had would be game breaking.
However changing things the players have used for 5 - 6 months can be damaging.
Reloading of a complete shotgun b4 able to fire? Why were either of these added?
Just plain dumb.

VesperLynd
08-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Gone...........

JxSiN
08-20-2013, 06:28 PM
Just another way that Trion "cares about the players feedback" line of BS. I don't know what I am more pissed at, the fact they took away what a lot consider the best scope in the game or the fact they completely ignored all the posts about it.

dominad
08-20-2013, 06:33 PM

At some point probably when he new consoles come how long will the server's be up for sometimes its best to know when to give up and cut your losses.

rockygreen11
08-20-2013, 06:40 PM
I am not the voice of reason. I have been angry about stuff on here and gone postal. But . Jxsin has by far been one of the most helpful and optimistic people on here... Countless times I wonder how he can be so polite , even when he gets a half answer... Don't make it seem like he is being unreasonable by looking at a post where the disappointment got to him... We should thank him... I do right now. Thanks Jxsin, your comments have calmed me down more than once... Let's get them to fix the scope if that's the right answer! Right is right devs. He has been a valuable asset in this world you are building! Dahanese, help out ! Please, hehas backed you up always... Just sayin...

Sanguinesun
08-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Just another way that Trion "cares about the players feedback" line of BS. I don't know what I am more pissed at, the fact they took away what a lot consider the best scope in the game or the fact they completely ignored all the posts about it.

We've talked to a certain degree about this being the case and Im just simply not surprised in the least on it.

VesperLynd
08-20-2013, 07:05 PM

What's even more bush-league about it is the fact that it looks like an AR with no sight mod equipped. Apparently it was too hard to make new scopes. Would have been nice to at least un-equip changed mods or make the ability to remove just 1 mod. Rucking Fetards...

dominad
08-20-2013, 07:09 PM
I agree jxsin is one of the nicer people on this forum. He is welcoming to new peopl devotes massiv amount of time to threads and posts and until recently trying to rally support for Trion. It is sad to see him having to begin to eel the frustration and getting fed up.

I wish asking would make any difference. I would support this change for jxsin.

We've talked to a certain degree about this being the case and Im just simply not surprised in the least on it.

However I agree with the above, they say one thing and do whatever they please, players the least of the concerns. It was over the past month when the really hardcore supporters began to give up and all the news of layoffs and changes you just knew this game is reaching its end and soon. The lack of effort in the DLC supports this theory.

PseudoCool
08-20-2013, 07:09 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Female gamer - geek - programmer who no longer playes Defiance and must watch what I say
Join active fun clan "Nuclear Rubber" message saminator with your gamertag (xbox360 eu).

Obviously this isn't the case now is it? Your a self-professed quitter of Defiance, yet here you sit on the forums on DLC launch day, and most other days from watching your forum activity, doing nothing but spreading negativity, distrust, and general malaise. And what do you know, you've got 886 posts of it.. BRAVO! Perhaps you should take your own advice and just go someplace else.. or are you just that much of a forum troll that you can't handle a life with little to no drama?

JxSiN
08-20-2013, 08:05 PM
I appreciate the kind words everyone has shared about me and I wanted to say thank you a lot to every one of you. Yes, I am a little upset about the sight change. I am more upset at the fact that they didn't even acknowledge (I've used that word a lot on this thread) the fact that many, not just myself, have voiced their wants to keep the scope. Change it or whatever, just acknowledge the fact that many were against it. It's too late to do that now as the change was implemented already without even caring what the people say. "Caring", it goes a lot farther that just "communication"

dominad
08-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Obviously this isn't the case now is it? Your a self-professed quitter of Defiance, yet here you sit on the forums on DLC launch day, and most other days from watching your forum activity, doing nothing but spreading negativity, distrust, and general malaise. And what do you know, you've got 886 posts of it.. BRAVO! Perhaps you should take your own advice and just go someplace else.. or are you just that much of a forum troll that you can't handle a life with little to no drama?

Actually only 100 of them would be negative from when I stopped playing the game. The rest were all from when I played Defiance as my daily game and loved it with its faults :)
I am in bed with My laptop enjoying that you love the game so much.
I am sure the entertainment value of the forum will drop off in the next week and you can sit around and hang out with the few sad lonely souls left. I am actually supportive of the nice people, and the ones who love the game and have been fair and balanced. I have little time for some though.

Jxsin I followed every page of your thread and while I probably wont hang round much now the dlc has turned out to be rubbish Im sure some of the good people who like to screenshot and make notes on what was or was not promised will continue to remember and stand up for you.

Maybe elizabeth will come in and say something, we should probably offer her a beer and oat too because they have been pretty cool and reading an entire day how fed up people are with who you work for you might take it personally. (Goes to look for watermelon beer)