PDA

View Full Version : DLC not working?

Chaoss
08-20-2013, 02:06 PM
I've purchased the DLC today and when the servers went back up i didnt get the extra's.
i can't play castithan race or customize my existing character, didnt get extra's in the store or anything.
a friend of me had the season pass and he could customize his character as soon as he logged in.
i dont have the season pass. i just bought the dlc from xbox marketplace.
ive tried restarting the game and even delete and download the dlc again a couple of times, logging of, rebooting my xbox.
anyone else having this problem or a GM who can help me?

greetings, me

General Britton
08-20-2013, 03:07 PM
you are not alone.....trion is close to ruining something that could have been great

Mike Boccher
08-20-2013, 03:10 PM
yeah this ****ing blows

xzKinGzxBuRnzx
08-20-2013, 03:14 PM
I purchased the DLC early this morning when it showed up on LIVE. I booted defiance and then patched just a bit ago. After my character wasn't showing up, was black. I pressed up or down on the d-pad to download the DLC again. It did that then told me to relaunch. It then went through a mini install process and is now patching again. I'm hoping this works.

Mz Finesse
08-20-2013, 03:16 PM
its doing the same for me..in the server thread they said that they are aware of the problem and looking into it :-/

Capt Price
08-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Same I'm not happy join the club of the disappointed its sure to grow

Thenuttyprof
08-20-2013, 03:18 PM
At first i had no item even after numerous reloads etc. So i went got a drink, chilled for a bit came back loaded game and it was all there. Its pointless contacting support has they will probably say wait and restart game etc. If you don't have it by this time tomorrow then yes contact support, but pointless before hand. It takes a while for things to filter through for everyone not all of it can be instantaneous when its a global game. And its pointless blaming the game or developers its something that applies to all digital goods. For example the xbox marketplace updates in the us before the uk but i don't see people complaining to MS coz they couldn't get access to something immediately. Or with the last COD DLC that came out at different times within the same hour. It all depends on how a server updates that's all

N3gativeCr33p
08-22-2013, 04:10 PM
I purchased the DLC early this morning when it showed up on LIVE. I booted defiance and then patched just a bit ago. After my character wasn't showing up, was black. I pressed up or down on the d-pad to download the DLC again. It did that then told me to relaunch. It then went through a mini install process and is now patching again. I'm hoping this works.

This happened to me Tuesday night when it first launched... the only thing that helped me get out of Shadow World was deleting ALL of the old Defiance patches (only the patches) from my disk, and create a new download.

mescwalrus
08-23-2013, 03:39 PM
I got this game for $60 and got the season pass the same day expecting great things. I find it awesome that this company can still manage to **** this DLC release up. Here it is going on 3 days past the "release date" and I still cant play it. Trion you did one thing right. You ****ed over every customer that had faith in your company. The only reason I dont take a literal **** on this game is because I paid for the season pass which is now worth more than the game! Hell I think I will take a **** on this game and when the DLC works pay another $10. Hell I already flushed $100 down the toilet what another $10!

SplitSoul
09-07-2014, 03:26 AM
i am having the same problem i bought 3 defiance dlcs from the playstation store they don't install and they don't show in the downloads list any idea when they are gonna get the dlcs fixed ? because i plan on staying off the game till they get everything fixed and i can install the dlcs with no problems

Atticus Batman
09-07-2014, 10:08 PM
i am having the same problem i bought 3 defiance dlcs from the playstation store they don't install and they don't show in the downloads list any idea when they are gonna get the dlcs fixed ? because i plan on staying off the game till they get everything fixed and i can install the dlcs with no problems

The download just downloads a small code telling the system that you unlocked the Dlc. After you have bought it, you have to restart the game. Then open the bitstore and look in the claims section to find your Dlc goodies.