PDA

View Full Version : the dlc is only for 1 account?

D3F14NC3
08-20-2013, 02:18 PM
I bought the season pass when i pre ordered my game but i was unable to redeem it on my account due to payment issues. So i had my friend redeem the code and buy the dlc. When i got on after my patch i went on my friends account to download the dlc their was nothing to download and he had everything. Switched accounts and i didnt recieve shtako. Wtf the dlc is supposed to be available for every account on the xbox it was downloaded on first. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thenuttyprof
08-20-2013, 02:40 PM
DLC is account specific, for example I have the limited edition stuff for my main xbl account but cannot access it using my other account even though both are on same console. Its to stop people buying it once then let others "use" it. For further info check out Microsoft's official support page at http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/cant-play-downloaded-content

D3F14NC3
08-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Completely bs. That is going against the limits on use that is stated when buying the dlc. Plus it makes me mad that i cant even access the dlc that i payed for.

Thenuttyprof
08-20-2013, 04:02 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/en/news/2013/03/trion-announces-defiance-season-pass/ as stated in the terms and conditions, dlc will be applied to your account after login. Ie after login of the account that purchased/redeemed the season pass. And as far as i am aware season passes are excluded from the limits of use regulation in respect to multiple users of the same console have access to it. If you don't believe contact xbox support has they are the ones who deal with these issues you can contact them through www.xbox.com/support or at www.twitter.com/xboxsupport

Firetalion
08-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Completely bs. That is going against the limits on use that is stated when buying the dlc. Plus it makes me mad that i cant even access the dlc that i payed for.

I want tripple items, wahhhhhhhhhhh!

Sethvirfireborn
08-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Ummm, it is the same with every single game that is out on the xbox. You can only use dlc you purchase on the account you purchased it on. There are only some mild exceptions for splitscreening on the same console, like Borderlands 2 and a different account being able to use say the Mechromancer or Psycho, but only when splitscreening.

It is not BS at all. Realistically you should have fixed up the payment options on your own account. Now your friend has a season pass on their account. And complaining it is BS is like getting someone to sign up for a gym membership that has photo id and expecting to be able to use their membership for free

D3F14NC3
08-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Ummm, it is the same with every single game that is out on the xbox. You can only use dlc you purchase on the account you purchased it on. There are only some mild exceptions for splitscreening on the same console, like Borderlands 2 and a different account being able to use say the Mechromancer or Psycho, but only when splitscreening.

Now that what you said is complete shtako. When you download anything on your xbox for the first time, not only will your xbox live account get rights to the dlc, but also your console gets the rights to it as well. That is how liscense transfers are possible.

Anzo
08-20-2013, 09:00 PM
You sir are a n00b d3f14nc3 the licence rights go to your GT and not the console because Microsoft know that there are countless possible malfunctions that can occur with tech so they have the licence transfer to protect you from losing your investments

Kindly go back to school, open your ears and learn something instead of wasting both the time of your tutors and yourself

Have a nice day :D

D3F14NC3
08-20-2013, 09:23 PM
You sir are a n00b d3f14nc3 the licence rights go to your GT and not the console because Microsoft know that there are countless possible malfunctions that can occur with tech so they have the licence transfer to protect you from losing your investments

Kindly go back to school, open your ears and learn something instead of wasting both the time of your tutors and yourself

Have a nice day :D

Go to liscense transfer and press y for more information. It will tell you clear as day that two liscenses are created. Yes you guys are correct about unable to do this with defiance i learned it today after realizing that i was jipped out of $40, oh well. But any other game will let you play their dlc on any account on the first xbox you download it on.

Dreamo84
08-20-2013, 09:31 PM
umm... you must be new to MMOs if you thought that DLC could be applied to multiple accounts. What happens when your friend logs in on his Xbox? Would you expect the stuff to just disappear? What if he made his guy a castithan from your DLC? Would his character be locked out?

Way too many variables for them to even bother trying to do it. Especially considering there is absolutely no reason to have two accounts on one system with this game other than to try and exploit the DLC.

D3F14NC3
08-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Like i said up top, at the time i couldnt redeem the season pass on my account and had to use my friends account to do so. And dreamo you forget to consider the fact that some people share their console with others. I am not mad at being unable to get the weapons, i am mad that i cannot access any content that i payed for.

D3F14NC3
08-20-2013, 09:46 PM
And obviously you do not know anything about consoles dreamo so why dont your happy *** go back into the pc section thank you very much

Sethvirfireborn
08-21-2013, 06:12 AM
What I said is not complete shtako. If you actually read the terms and conditions for any dlc or arcade games on the 360 it actually states it will only be used with the account that purchased it. If they allow any other accounts on that console to use it, well that is completely up to them and a bonus if they allow it.

As for the two separate licenses, there may be two. But, one is for your gamertag. So if your xbox dies or you get a new one or go to a friends, you can redownload the dlc/arcade game. But then it still will only be used by your account/gamertag. As for the licenses with the console itself, that is just another piracy measure so people do not trick xbox live into thinking another account has purchased dlc/arcade game without doing so and therefore getting it for free. The licenses have to match up. Just like a cd key for a pc game, once you lose it you have to purchase another one (In the past maybe but not anymore with the ease of the internets)

So if you actually go read all the things that have been linked to you by the kind Thenuttyprof, you can find all the things people are telling you in there. And no, when you first download something all accounts cannot use it. I gave an example of something that works and can further explain the scenario if you wish because I went through it with a friend that played a dlc character on my console with their tag using cloud storage for the save, then forgot that it was a dlc character and could not play it.

Pretty much you won't get a refund no matter how you explain or complain to them because the dlc was not bought on your account

Morgana
08-21-2013, 11:10 AM
Hi there,

Our support site (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1700/) has a brief overview of how this works.

To confirm, the Castithan DLC content for Defiance will only work on the Gamertag that you purchased the content for-- however, if you have purchased it on the wrong Gamertag, our Customer Service team can assist you. You can contact them through the live chat here (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/chat/chat_launch), or at support@trionworlds.com.

OpaqueRose92
08-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Especially considering there is absolutely no reason to have two accounts on one system with this game other than to try and exploit the DLC.
I disagree there are 4 people who live in my house all with their own xbox account technically we could have one account with different characters specifically for this game but would rather have everything of mine on one account, now would I like the DLC to be available on my account if someone else bought it? Yes but I really don't have a problem with paying my own money for DLC that I want. Honestly what would be the point of one person having two accounts to use the DLC when its already on one account?