PDA

View Full Version : Please find an employee with some sense!!

Strontium Dog
08-20-2013, 02:31 PM
One day Trion please please find an employee with some sense. Patching in prime time EU or US is just stupid and unfair to people. We all (most) work long and hard for our money and we chose YOu to spend it on yet we get little help or thought back in return.

Why didnt you patch EU servers this morning THEN when it was early morning PST patch there? Other mmos do this even ones on shoe string budgets but Trion cant?

Now you expect us to sit and wait upwards of like 5 hours to painfully patch during prime time?

Really, i know fanbois will jump on me for this but its getting to be like you ARENT Trion but in fact a flipping franchise ,in other words its farmed out .

Get a grip and just act like proper developers and not first timers.

bobo
08-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Agreed on this

Wtflag
08-20-2013, 04:25 PM
As Trion have pointed out, it is a big operation and they want all hands on the deck.

My time zone suffers from every single patch and server restart during my prime time since launch so I hope you will forgive me if I am consigning this complain to the frivolous folder.

Sanguinesun
08-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Certainly the least stressful way to deal with this is just by watching the fire burn on the forums and avoiding playing for the first day or so while they do their hotfixes and maint's n the like. Its much more cathartic.

nikra
08-20-2013, 04:30 PM
yes it is annoying but it is during their regular office hours so yeah nothing we can do. Maybe this ps3 mishap can stop the EU side frakking up tomorrow (probably be prime time too) and if it had happened to any EU platform with just a couple guys in to flick the switches it would have taken much longer to fix. Suck it up and watch tv/movie/anything else while it patches, you know, like other people do.

Phaius
08-21-2013, 10:57 AM
One day Trion please please find an employee with some sense. Patching in prime time EU or US is just stupid and unfair to people. We all (most) work long and hard for our money and we chose YOu to spend it on yet we get little help or thought back in return.

Why didnt you patch EU servers this morning THEN when it was early morning PST patch there? Other mmos do this even ones on shoe string budgets but Trion cant?

Now you expect us to sit and wait upwards of like 5 hours to painfully patch during prime time?

Really, i know fanbois will jump on me for this but its getting to be like you ARENT Trion but in fact a flipping franchise ,in other words its farmed out .

Get a grip and just act like proper developers and not first timers.

Let's be honest, anyone who disagrees with you, you're going to call a "Fanboi" since that's the word on MMO forums for people who don't fall in line with people's opinions that are entirely critical of a game, so, that said...

Really dude? I've played MMOs where the patch began at 12 midnight. I've played some where they started as early as 9 PM (prime time). I've played some where they've patched around 6 AM PST. Expecting all MMOs to fall in line with what is clearly a self centered reason ("wahhhhhhh it's not when it's convenient for meeeeeeeeeeeeee"). Let's not kid, you're not thinking of other people, you are thinking of you and only you. So, to insult the developers and say they aren't acting like "proper" developers is insulting, rude, and shows that you clearly have no manners. Not only that but then you throw out the guilt trip ("OMG WE SPEND MONEY ON YOU IT IS NOT FAIRRRRR"). So sir, please, sit down, and realize that the world doesn't revolve around you and your self centered desires.

Tyger
08-21-2013, 12:02 PM
...as long as it doesn't bother me...

No matter what time they patch it'll affect players on this planet. That, and they aren't going to work crazy @ss shifts inorder to do things when you're not bothered. Suck it up and drift over to another complaint thread that has a bit more weight to it. This one's flapping in the breeze.

stripclubdj
08-21-2013, 12:04 PM
they do it at the worse time be like EA 6am pacific time everyday

RAD_ED
08-21-2013, 07:03 PM
You don't ever see a TV station do maintenance during prime time, they wait till early in the morning and run simple TV ads or nothing at all, so yes they should not be doing any updates during prime time.

Snake Eyes
08-21-2013, 08:19 PM
No matter what time they patch it'll affect players on this planet. That, and they aren't going to work crazy @ss shifts inorder to do things when you're not bothered. Suck it up and drift over to another complaint thread that has a bit more weight to it. This one's flapping in the breeze.

LOL I agree with you a 100%

koldmiser
08-22-2013, 06:29 AM
You don't ever see a TV station do maintenance during prime time, they wait till early in the morning and run simple TV ads or nothing at all, so yes they should not be doing any updates during prime time.

You show me a TV station that goes down for maintenance and I'll show you a TV station that's about 30 years behind the curve in technology. TV stations don't use 1 or 2 servers to cover everything they do.

It doesn't matter when a company patches/does maintenance/etc it's always going to be the wrong time for someone. This isn't the 1950's. People don't work 8-5 Mon-Fri.

We all wish we could have servers down based on our schedule, but that's just not a reality. A break from the game won't kill anyone.

Tyger
08-22-2013, 08:06 AM
This complaint is gettin' about as tired as the excuses used to convey why they shouldn't have to be inconvenienced. Let's see, the last one was about tv stations??? Yea ok, welcome to 2013. Save this kinda' thinkin' for when Mr. Peabody rolls up in his wayback machine and then maybe, just maybe that argument will help you win one for the Gipper.