PDA

View Full Version : Will we have the option..

Arkamenitas
07-14-2012, 07:36 PM
to play in first person mode, rather than third person, if we so desire?

Surely I am not the only one wondering.

Kalbuir
07-15-2012, 02:35 AM
By the way the game is described it will be a no, just like a game described as 1st person shooter rarely offers 3rd person. One exception is when you zoom through a scope of a sniper rifle.

SteveMND
07-15-2012, 10:21 AM
I'd rather imagine that the default for a game that's based on FPS-style combat WOULD be first-person perspective -- it's kinda implied right there in the name. And even if not, I'm fairly confident that you could scroll all the way in to go from 3rd-person to 1st-person perspective, as you can in practically all other MMOs out there nowadays.

Kalbuir
07-15-2012, 11:37 AM
I'd rather imagine that the default for a game that's based on FPS-style combat WOULD be first-person perspective -- it's kinda implied right there in the name. And even if not, I'm fairly confident that you could scroll all the way in to go from 3rd-person to 1st-person perspective, as you can in practically all other MMOs out there nowadays.

Every interview specifically mentions they are a 3rd person shooter, not a first person shooter one. One does not exclude the other but only 3rd person view is confirmed at this point.

Arkamenitas
07-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Every interview specifically mentions they are a 3rd person shooter, not a first person shooter one. One does not exclude the other but only 3rd person view is confirmed at this point.

which is why im interested in knowing :p

Aaronjin
07-31-2012, 01:27 PM
maybe you can switch between views? other games offer that

Adsinonimous
07-31-2012, 06:46 PM
You should post this as a question at defiance-central and maybe they can get this answered for you! :)