PDA

View Full Version : If Mutants can fly?

Dra Fiend
03-31-2013, 10:32 PM
Ok was just trying to fig out logic behind it ive read the reason no flying for us was because low debri feilds in sky but if that was the case the mutants gyro copters would smash into them by the way im fine with no flying but wouldnt mind a hover car or atv

Piegon
03-31-2013, 11:04 PM
I sounds like "no personal flying vehicles" was in part do to show budget and all. Only those with strong enough shields are safe to fly etc... and the mutants are not quite the most sane characters (minds might be warped by the mutations).

Hetros
03-31-2013, 11:49 PM
Presumably they're using military class vehicles that were developed by the EMC specifically to survive the new world conditions during the Pale Wars. EG: Low lieing debris fields, orbital debris falling, etc.etc.

Escyos
04-01-2013, 12:51 AM
I guess the mutants done have a fear of death, hence the whole running towards massive groups of enemies to attack and so being in the air in arkfalls does not even cross their minds.

killerbee04x
04-01-2013, 12:54 AM
mutans can fly.. i saw one do it the first day of xbox 360 beta.. it just kept walking up and up and up..

Firefly
04-01-2013, 03:23 PM
I sounds like "no personal flying vehicles" was in part do to show budget and all.
I seem to recall Trion saying as much at some point - kudos on them for owning up. The problem is that the in-universe explanation sounds like it'd be far more applicable to the sort of flying vehicles that can get into the Big Black, as opposed to things like helicopters (we see Blackhawk-analogues with distinctly Mil-inspired forebodies in the game) and gyrocopters (a good example of the latter can be found in You Only Live Twice in the form of 'Little Nellie').

Avenger
04-01-2013, 03:25 PM
One of the preview videos commented on the lack of personal flying vehicles and while I don't think they specifically said it was down to budget, they had approached SyFy who had said no. They then justified it by making the game feel as if the Bay Area is isolated and so that you couldn't just jump on your vehicle and try to fly to the location of the show.

Ichidakiller
04-01-2013, 03:26 PM
dude if mutants can fly.... The window of my dodge is going to be fubar....
Now if they made flying mutants why didn't they include a giant squeegee in my preorder.....