PDA

View Full Version : Driving Vehicles in Defiance

LacesUntied
03-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Am I the only one who has absolutely NO LUCK while driving different vehicles in this game?

I swear I'm so bad. I can't drive anything without running into something or getting stuck in places I never knew existed. It's like... "Hello, wall....buhbye, wall!"

Relapse
03-31-2013, 10:54 PM
Just wait till you get the Dodge Charger, you go so fast you'll just flip over stuff when you hit it and keep going... unless it's a wall ;)

LacesUntied
03-31-2013, 11:01 PM
hahaha. Oh dear lord...I'd need to use something like that in an open range!

HammerTime
03-31-2013, 11:03 PM
Am I the only one who has absolutely NO LUCK while driving different vehicles in this game?

I swear I'm so bad. I can't drive anything without running into something or getting stuck in places I never knew existed. It's like... "Hello, wall....buhbye, wall!"

aren't you suppose to drive your vehicle and run into everything in this game? Awu... dang it, I was playing this game completely wrong.:p

Komakala
03-31-2013, 11:04 PM
I take it you haven't watched the livestreams that TrionWorlds does every week, some days they really struggle with the driving as well. I'm not sure if you are on a console or a pc, but I'll address driving on a pc since it is what I'm familiar with. You can go one of two directions when it comes to driving on the pc, you can get a gamepad and use that for driving.

Or if you are stuck using the keyboard keep in mind that you should be making minor adjustments. Tap the keys quickly, the longer you hold down the harder you turn and the more likely you are to oversteer, then if you mash down the other direction you overcorrect and and up swerving all over the place. Use small quick taps to make minor adjustments. As you get more comfortable with it you'll figure out how long you need to hold down the key to achieve the turns you want.

Another tip, often people use boost as much as they can, while there is nothing wrong with that the faster you are moving the harder it is to change your direction. So if you know you have a tight corner coming up, let off boost. Space bar is the emergency brake. It locks up the rear wheels of your vehicle so you need to tap it, a short tap will break the rear loose allowing for a controlled turn, hold it too long and you'll quickly pass controlled into uncontrolled and spin out. As you get a feel for it you can mix the boost and e-brake to perform quick sharp turns that help shave off time in the races.

Bone
03-31-2013, 11:05 PM
hehe I love driving around and just watch the beautifulness that is Defiance!... and ofc kill a couple of bad guys on the way. :)

RelativeBlue
03-31-2013, 11:06 PM
Brake into turns, accelerate out. You'll get the hang of it, kiddo!

Xylie Star
03-31-2013, 11:10 PM
aren't you suppose to drive your vehicle and run into everything in this game? Awu... dang it, I was playing this game completely wrong.:p

Lol I guess I was too!

LacesUntied
03-31-2013, 11:21 PM
I take it you haven't watched the livestreams that TrionWorlds does every week, some days they really struggle with the driving as well. I'm not sure if you are on a console or a pc, but I'll address driving on a pc since it is what I'm familiar with. You can go one of two directions when it comes to driving on the pc, you can get a gamepad and use that for driving.

Or if you are stuck using the keyboard keep in mind that you should be making minor adjustments. Tap the keys quickly, the longer you hold down the harder you turn and the more likely you are to oversteer, then if you mash down the other direction you overcorrect and and up swerving all over the place. Use small quick taps to make minor adjustments. As you get more comfortable with it you'll figure out how long you need to hold down the key to achieve the turns you want.

Another tip, often people use boost as much as they can, while there is nothing wrong with that the faster you are moving the harder it is to change your direction. So if you know you have a tight corner coming up, let off boost. Space bar is the emergency brake. It locks up the rear wheels of your vehicle so you need to tap it, a short tap will break the rear loose allowing for a controlled turn, hold it too long and you'll quickly pass controlled into uncontrolled and spin out. As you get a feel for it you can mix the boost and e-brake to perform quick sharp turns that help shave off time in the races.

Nope. I'm always at work when they livestream =/ And I never remember to look at their previously recorded vids.

But...Thanks so much for the info!! I also bought the PC version, so this definitely helps. I think my problem was with mashing & holding the buttons keyboard. I'll have to remember just to tap it a little. =]

LacesUntied
03-31-2013, 11:21 PM
Lol I guess I was too!

mmhmm!! Same here, lol.

LacesUntied
03-31-2013, 11:25 PM
Brake into turns, accelerate out. You'll get the hang of it, kiddo!

Thanks. I sure hope so!

hehe I love driving around and just watch the beautifulness that is Defiance!... and ofc kill a couple of bad guys on the way. :)

Oh, of course!

Kroesis
03-31-2013, 11:46 PM
I still try to swerve out the way of other drivers... Unless they're off to the same arkfall as me in which case I try to ram them off the road (just a little sport!) and I end up failing each time!