PDA

View Full Version : What do you rate DLC

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Not going to go into a big rant but want to see others view.
For me at best it's a 4/10. Sieges and DM arkfalls only saving grace.

Kaiselius
08-20-2013, 10:10 PM
A ?/10....I'm on PS3....

Bud44
08-20-2013, 10:12 PM
I don't have the DLC, just the new free content. I am lovin it!

JxSiN
08-20-2013, 10:13 PM
There were changes I did not like and I already voiced my concern over. I'm also on ps3 so I have not been able to play much. Just was able to get back on. But I will say I enjoy the new things. I would give it an 8 maybe 8.5. I may change this once I am able to play more

Sanguinesun
08-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Hmm what is our rating system?

Lemons?
Rotten Tomatoes?
Rotten Giants Toes?
Platters of Chilli Cheese a'pleny from the Beacon?
In Living Color Windshield whiper snaps?
Used Trump socks?

These sorts of things would be helpful for more accurate statistical purposes. :P

JonDav
08-20-2013, 10:16 PM
2/10. After two hous with this new content, I already had enough. Game has lost all appeal. GTA5 can't get here soon enough

Rasczak
08-20-2013, 10:18 PM
For the free content, about a 5/10

For the paid content, about a 2/10.

JiltedValkyrie
08-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Love lots of the new things. Sieges are really exciting, more fun than arkfalls in my opinion. But uh, that dark matter arkfall is intense.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-20-2013, 10:21 PM
There were changes I did not like and I already voiced my concern over. I'm also on ps3 so I have not been able to play much. Just was able to get back on. But I will say I enjoy the new things. I would give it an 8 maybe 8.5. I may change this once I am able to play more

Don't get me wrong sieges are fun, really fun, but if you can only play hour here or there you may not even get to see one. DM arkfalls were cool, I didn't like the minors inside the major (seemed too condensed).

What I don't like: changes to lockboxes makes no sense, what does "improve" mean, to me they have gotten a lot worse. Paid content is as I expected (crap), Don't like not being able to move while attacking with blade. New salvage button (it's something, but not what anyone wanted, select multiple- how hard could it be). Truck is garbage. Can't trade any of the charge blades I've gotten that I don't want. Rep weapons still have bad bonuses and is still same stock.

A s0t
08-20-2013, 10:24 PM
sieges are fun the arenas are bull ****

do_you_even_lift
08-20-2013, 10:26 PM
i give it a 7/10 had a great concept with seiges and dark matter AF personally i love those charge weapons and charge blades but arenas lag alot, the raptor moves like a tank and blows up like a runner and the new multiplayer map is super glitchy. if the dlc could get lag and bug fixed i would give it a 8.5/10

Cylumne
08-20-2013, 10:38 PM
given the utter failure of the wait ..currently 4+hrs dl it via steam mirror over ****ty wifi still 6+ hrs to go and the horrid up coming "installation" wait as well and possible fail due to packet loss ..all of which could be entirely prevented with a up front "zip file proffered by trion direct from their account sight.. and as read from the horrendous "patch notes" as well as personal reviews of creditable sources currently and actively reviewing /playing said content its in the negative integers and growing deeper from the once again absolute nerfing of weapons to the complete over sight of not giving every weapon type "charges" to the length of time 5+months since release and expecting people to pay for "fixes" to the game as part of their dlc which i guarantee you brings more bugs and glitches /exploits to the game..... give this proper evaluation it stands at currently a -4/10 with possibility of approaching a -7/10 and added arkfalls which should been in game since start are not a saving grace the actual content which has been added "as new" should have been preexisting and does not inherently qualify it as "dlc" especially not dlc worth paying for ..

omega32x
08-20-2013, 10:44 PM
given the utter failure of the wait ..currently 4+hrs dl it via steam mirror over ****ty wifi still 6+ hrs to go and the horrid up coming "installation" wait as well and possible fail due to packet loss ..all of which could be entirely prevented with a up front "zip file proffered by trion direct from their account sight.. and as read from the horrendous "patch notes" as well as personal reviews of creditable sources currently and actively reviewing /playing said content its in the negative integers and growing deeper from the once again absolute nerfing of weapons to the complete over sight of not giving every weapon type "charges" to the length of time 5+months since release and expecting people to pay for "fixes" to the game as part of their dlc which i guarantee you brings more bugs and glitches /exploits to the game..... give this proper evaluation it stands at currently a -4/10 with possibility of approaching a -7/10 and added arkfalls which should been in game since start are not a saving grace the actual content which has been added "as new" should have been preexisting and does not inherently qualify it as "dlc" especially not dlc worth paying for ..

Don't forget how horribly lazy of a job they did on the new race skin plus how bad ppl are saying the new DLC vehicle is.

Smoky
08-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Only thing I've really tried as far as the new content are the arena's...could be fun, but the lag is inexcusable.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Don't forget how horribly lazy of a job they did on the new race skin plus how bad ppl are saying the new DLC vehicle is.

It's a really white human just like the show. Don't see an issue with that, but wish the outfits would change based on being a Castihan.

omega32x
08-20-2013, 10:56 PM
It's a really white human just like the show. Don't see an issue with that, but wish the outfits would change based on being a Castihan.

I honestly think the race in general was rather lazily crafted to begin since i first saw it on the show. I think the whole love triangle thing kind of ruined my view of the race to even though you need to have that kind of chemistry in any show to an extent.

Cylumne
08-20-2013, 10:57 PM
but you did it for me lolol jking i digress i do ask my self wtf is the point of a 4 person pve vehicle that has no weapons for it and yet again why in hell there is no cerb in pve that you can buy or earn the only "2 trucks" currently are a hauler..pointless and only available for usage through mission play classified as a "roller or the "nomad" only purchasable via store for rl cash also classified as a "roller" ..ergo it is next to impossible to level up "cerbs" to get tour cerb license pursuit accomplished..the "cerbs in explosions 101 co-op are perfect vehicles given your randomly selected team mates can either drive or shoot the turret :/ or do not take off on a proffered "runner/quad" leaving you stranded but again wtf is the point of having a "minivan" i don't see any soccer moms or rugby matches in game or even little league for that matter..

omega32x
08-20-2013, 11:03 PM
but you did it for me lolol jking i digress i do ask my self wtf is the point of a 4 person pve vehicle that has no weapons for it and yet again why in hell there is no cerb in pve that you can buy or earn the only "2 trucks" currently are a hauler..pointless and only available for usage through mission play classified as a "roller or the "nomad" only purchasable via store for rl cash also classified as a "roller" ..ergo it is next to impossible to level up "cerbs" to get tour cerb license pursuit accomplished..the "cerbs in explosions 101 co-op are perfect vehicles given your randomly selected team mates can either drive or shoot the turret :/ or do not take off on a proffered "runner/quad" leaving you stranded but again wtf is the point of having a "minivan" i don't see any soccer moms or rugby matches in game or even little league for that matter..

Just poor planning of vehicle design and marketing strategy to get ppl to buy from the market place and DLC i guess. In an attempt to make the game "Fun" lol

WARDUKE
08-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Sieges and DM arks have nothing to do with the DLC. That's free game content.

Cylumne
08-20-2013, 11:08 PM
secondly the "race over all" according to the "show" theer are 7 races other than "human" who came to earth i ask you where is the gulanee, sensoth, indogene, liberata,?????? better yet where is my very own stratocarrier? gods alone know i got enough script to buy one ..

Cylumne
08-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Sieges and DM arks have nothing to do with the DLC. That's free game content.

umm thats where you are sadly mis informed technically it is all "free" other than the mini van and apparently poorly constructed/concocted new playable "skin job" what the frak pun intended..

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-20-2013, 11:13 PM
umm thats where you are sadly mis informed technically it is all "free" other than the mini van and apparently poorly constructed/concocted new playable "skin job" what the frak pun intended..

"skin job" I like that...well played

A s0t
08-20-2013, 11:15 PM
you dark your gonna hate arena 3 and 4

T_Archangel
08-20-2013, 11:18 PM
As of this point from a PS3 players' view point... The most I can rate the little accessible content is 4/10. Overall though, I rate the "grand" release of the Castithan DLC would rate somewhere between 1/10 and epic fail... To say the least, I am thus far dissatisfied...

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-20-2013, 11:19 PM
you dark your gonna hate arena 3 and 4

Doubt I will even bother with that crap. Like I said, only thing I played for was to collect the keys to buy lockboxes, whats the point of continuing if going to have to spend mil+ salvage (or 20 tier 4) before getting anything.

Cylumne
08-20-2013, 11:21 PM
meh...3-d modeling and modding isn't rocket science for me its the scripting and coding that is the pain in the arse..but for a "playable" "toon" it honestly dos not take very much at all especially given the basic work has already been done for the "show" via the prototyping design schematics for the prosthesis's and costuming...an apt modeler can knock out a full fledged concept design in 2 week's top's boned and animated from scratch... given were now on month 5+ and counting since coming out of "alpha... and yet there are still bugs and glitches with spawn overlaps object entry and placement due to a rushed job and lets not for get the die fall precedence on people having all inclusive un interrupted access 24/7 that takes precedence over game content ..

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-20-2013, 11:25 PM
meh...3-d modeling and modding isn't rocket science for me its the scripting and coding that is the pain in the arse..but for a "playable" "toon" it honestly dos not take very much at all especially given the basic work has already been done for the "show" via the prototyping design schematics for the prosthesis's and costuming...an apt modeler can knock out a full fledged concept design in 2 weeps top's boned and animated from scratch...

Your forgetting one thing... how hard do most people work when they know they probably wont have a job for long. Happens in every company that has mass layoffs, some bust their ***** to keep their jobs while most others figure their next and start looking elsewhere.

omega32x
08-20-2013, 11:27 PM
As of this point from a PS3 players' view point... The most I can rate the little accessible content is 4/10. Overall though, I rate the "grand" release of the Castithan DLC would rate somewhere between 1/10 and epic fail... To say the least, I am thus far dissatisfied...

Whats even worse is the ppl that spent the money on the DLC in advance cant get that money back now that its been over 4 months lol. I understand the importance of supporting games but the vanillas release alone should have made ppl be a little more cautious of the purchase in general.

What im baffled about still is how they can go from the number one developing team that took the time of day to care about customers that created Rifted to becoming the most hated so damn fast lol. Its amazing how it ONLY took Trions second game to do this lol. Its a complete 360! lol pun intended XD

360_Eelissa
08-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Haven't gotten anything from the DLC paid content I've tried the sieges which are fun and the DM AF is pretty cool but I'm withholding my judgement on that. There is way to much visual noise with the "Fire" in the Monolith AF can't see anything during the event I get it's supposed to be the world burning but you cant see anything to target. I'd be happy to figure out how to change the race. That was one of the things I wanted most about this DLC.

Cylumne
08-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Whats even worse is the ppl that spent the money on the DLC in advance cant get that money back now that its been over 4 months lol. I understand the importance of supporting games but the vanillas release alone should have made ppl be a little more cautious of the purchase in general.

What im baffled about still is how they can go from the number one developing team that took the time of day to care about customers that created Rifted to becoming the most hated so damn fast lol. Its amazing how it ONLY took Trions second game to do this lol. Its a complete 360! lol pun intended XD
correction this is trions third game but End of nations sucks lol ....and since the interjection of "rift" going f2p ...a lot of their subscriber base left sadly and rift has gone down hill fast ..end over end the "skeleton crew left working for trions peanuts is dealing with 3 games whilst i pity the "grunts" its still like dark says why work your arse off if you going to get canned because the ceo/cfo needs a new porshe/ferrari..

dominad
08-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Hmm what is our rating system?

Lemons?
Rotten Tomatoes?
Rotten Giants Toes?
Platters of Chilli Cheese a'pleny from the Beacon?
In Living Color Windshield whiper snaps?
Used Trump socks?

These sorts of things would be helpful for more accurate statistical purposes. :P
We need to get conan o brien to review it for his clueless gamer site that is his rating system :P

Cylumne
08-20-2013, 11:50 PM
We need to get conan o brien to review it for his clueless gamer site that is his rating system :P

FACEPALM...............conan....seriously.......i feel my I.Q. plummeting already.. the fact also that you don't play (by your own illogical admission) also theoretically gives you no dog in this fight .....or merit to your senseless drivel..

Rizzlok
08-20-2013, 11:50 PM
i wasnt really that impressed with the dlc but i just looted a legendary item from one of the new arkfalls what teh hell is going on.

it was in the lock box at the end btw~

Sanguinesun
08-20-2013, 11:53 PM
FACEPALM...............conan....seriously.......i feel my I.Q. plummeting already.. the fact also that you don't play (by your own illogical admission) also theoretically gives you no dog in this fight .....or merit to your senseless drivel..

Ok, seriously now. Maury Povich then. Her 913 against your 64 and a dna test. You're doomed son, doomed. :P

In the mean time folks are enjoying the humor you missed and at your expense evidently :P

dominad
08-20-2013, 11:53 PM

The idiocy of the reviews I feel is quite suited to the poor decision making that led to this DLC.

Cylumne
08-20-2013, 11:57 PM
technically its not a "lock-box" just a loot drop and if reports are verified quite a few people are getting them not that oranges are in truth any better than any other color weapon they all have the same base statistics other than ego lvl to use and what ever synergy they have also if so inclined "what ever mastery you wind up illogically rolling on it :/ all in all the color is completely and sadly arbitrary but they should all drop from arkfalls/mobs as was originally intended ..lock boxes just as in other mmo's are suppose to "allocate a higher percentile chance for them "rarer more powerful items which sadly in defiance all items are fairly much the same due to constant nerfing ..

Cylumne
08-21-2013, 12:03 AM
Ok, seriously now. Maury Povich then. Her 913 against your 63 and a dna test. You're doomed son, doomed. :P

In the mean time folks are enjoying the humor you missed and at your expense evidently :P

other than recently i generally give credence and merit to context than asinine senseless drivel with in the posts i deem worthy!
i do not "spam " off topic drivel in flagrant abuse of forum rules ! also i currently play the game! as far as humor like beauty and apparently gender in a world of forum anonymity is entirely in the eyes or fingers of the poster....

further points to February join date to your march join and "it's" June join.. ergo by right i have seniority due to being a beta/alpha tester

Valaska
08-21-2013, 12:06 AM
4/10, it brings some neat free things... But it ruined shadow war and a bunch of other things have become screwed up, it also introduced bugs that should have never made it as they are too plainly obvious, such as pump shotguns not being able to fire during reload.

mikegonzalez2k
Why does everyone think sieges are so fun?
They are just a spam fest of your AoE weapons to level them.
That is hardly entertainment.

Sanguinesun
other than recently i generally give credence and merit to context than asinine senseless drivel with in the posts i deem worthy!
i do not "spam " off topic drivel in flagrant abuse of forum rules ! also i currently play the game! as far as humor like beauty and apparently gender in a world of forum anonymity is entirely in the eyes or fingers of the poster....

further points to February join date to your march join and "it's" June join.. ergo by right i have seniority due to being a beta/alpha teste

But you do have to admit that prescriptively speaking, you've got some mad run on sentence skills. :P

As for your "seniority" you rarely posted with us in the alpha forums either so as far as contributions to the community, well, your run ons will have to suffice :P

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 12:08 AM
Why does everyone think sieges are so fun?
They are just a spam fest of your AoE weapons to level them.
That is hardly entertainment.

Same reason being sandwiched between two women one can never have? Not sure though :P

Radbane
08-21-2013, 12:11 AM

Excactly what I was about to say...

WARDUKE
08-21-2013, 12:15 AM

Never once did I comment on what was in the DLC. thanks for being punky though.

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Never once did I comment on what was in the DLC. thanks for being punky though.

I thought him to be more pungent than punky :P

MacDeath
08-21-2013, 12:45 AM

I agree with that. I can't believe is was 'just incompetence' that messed up the paid DLC so much. I suspect a disgruntled employee who isn't moving to Redwood has sabotaged this roll out. For example, I'm a Season Pass holder. On PC - NA I get all the DLC goodies in Claim Items, on PC - EU I get NONE of the DLC goodies. It's the same account... the account is clearly entitled. I can do the Arenas on both NA and EU.

PimplyPete
08-21-2013, 12:50 AM
5/10

For awhile I couldn't access the DLC, then when I was finally able to access the DLC, I keep getting critical error.

Here's what I was able to play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oYCm5N0Jco&list=PLUXfqiiUVKllH1U3PLKEMZmR6rDbmdy_q&index=1)

GiantInMaine
08-21-2013, 12:52 AM
Only played the free stuff on ps3 but the sieges are really fun. The new weapons so far haven't done much for me really. Would probably be funner if I could get a good session in without losing connect or something.

My grade for it would have to be incomplete lol.

Cylumne
08-21-2013, 01:24 AM
I thought him to be more pungent than punky :P
stay on topic i know your unrequited love for me is more than you can conspicuously contain but seriously..

mean while back at the ranch it seems the "dlc/update is causing more errors for the larger player base of pc gamers one reason to never count your chicks before the eggs hatch nor put them all in one basket my sincerest condolences go out to those pc gamers who pre-purchased the dlc because as it look its defiantly not worth 39.95 for "season pass or even 9.99.. for the msrp sadly trion cannot nor will not refund you due to the hamster's/lemmings needing to be fed it would certinly be quite nice though if all theses "moderators would do their jobs and clean up the forums from all the drivel and "trading" crap that is constantly spammed ...

Rurouni Kenshin
08-21-2013, 01:26 AM
I got a charge blade from a tier 4, a saw, and like 9 other oranges tonight.

sieges are fun, and the new story is trash....

6/10

agiantmudcrab
08-21-2013, 01:26 AM
10/10

Sorry haters. Im not one of yas.

GiantInMaine
08-21-2013, 01:27 AM

6/10

Wow congrats I saved up all kinds of salvage just for today and didn't really get anything good :( oh well always tomorrow.

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 01:31 AM
stay on topic i know your unrequited love for me is more than you can conspicuously contain but seriously..

mean while back at the ranch it seems the "dlc/update is causing more errors for the larger player base of pc gamers one reason to never count your chicks before the eggs hatch nor put them all in one basket my sincerest condolences go out to those pc gamers who pre-purchased the dlc because as it look its defiantly not worth 39.95 for "season pass or even 9.99.. for the msrp sadly trion cannot nor will not refund you due to the hamster's/lemmings needing to be fed it would certinly be quite nice though if all theses "moderators would do their jobs and clean up the forums from all the drivel and "trading" crap that is constantly spammed ...

Pot meet kettle. :P

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 01:32 AM

6/10

Just out of curiosity, at what time tonight/today did you pop your box? Grats btw on that haul tho hehe.

WARDUKE
08-21-2013, 01:34 AM
PC Servers coming down for another patching. Might fix some peoples issues with PC.

teccho
08-21-2013, 01:35 AM
Hurry up patch! SO EXCITED TO PLAY. LOOKS AMAZING!

shadowascendant
08-21-2013, 01:46 AM
It's ok, I'd give it a 6.5/10.
7 for the content, -0.5 because of the last arena and it just not being fun.

Atticus Batman
08-21-2013, 01:50 AM

I'll let you know when I get it working. I ran it and after the fifth critical error it pached then nocked me back to the title screen and I ran again and it MADE me install the game and ALL the patches as if I had never had it. Then guess what? That's right, back to title screen, install game and ALL patches... needless to say I am on try 5 of that HORRIBLE new patch and install cycle.

WARDUKE
08-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Just the DLC, if you didn't know anything before hand on what to expect, 4ish/10, as most of it isn't really useful. However, 9/10 if you knew exactly what to expect, as the bar wasn't set very high and you knew that.

The free additions to Defiance are an easy 7/10. Decent additions to the game, minus points for a few bugs and event overlaps.

I'm not a hardcore gamer or anything, so I won't be as harsh as others here. What I mean by that is that I like to go outside..

Cylumne
08-21-2013, 01:57 AM
I'll let you know when I get it working. I ran it and after the fifth critical error it pached then nocked me back to the title screen and I ran again and it MADE me install the game and ALL the patches as if I had never had it. Then guess what? That's right, back to title screen, install game and ALL patches... needless to say I am on try 5 of that HORRIBLE new patch and install cycle.
what operating system are you using and which version as there are known glitches with using windows which will cause the client to crash if you do not uninstall the hot fixes .. and i'm again shocked you are still not yet banned ......for flagrant abuse of the t.o.s .. or may haps they have banned you from the game :)

Atticus Batman
08-21-2013, 01:58 AM
what operating system are you using and which version as there are known glitches with using windows which will cause the client to crash if you do not uninstall the hot fixes ..

I am on Xbox 360.

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 02:02 AM
Just the DLC, if you didn't know anything before hand on what to expect, 4ish/10, as most of it isn't really useful. However, 9/10 if you knew exactly what to expect, as the bar wasn't set very high and you knew that.

The free additions to Defiance are an easy 7/10. Decent additions to the game, minus points for a few bugs and event overlaps.

I'm not a hardcore gamer or anything, so I won't be as harsh as others here. What I mean by that is that I like to go outside..

I would agree; though I think that some who knew what was coming before hand may as well vote lower just out of still being disappointed.

Blight Wolf
08-21-2013, 02:07 AM
Well considering I can't play any side missions that were new. 4/10. I see them on map but when I get there they do not even show. So I have no idea what's going on there

WARDUKE
08-21-2013, 02:10 AM
Well considering I can't play any side missions that were new. 4/10. I see them on map but when I get there they do not even show. So I have no idea what's going on there

I think those only work during Volge Surges. Look for the blue shield Icon that lights up between them. Someone correct me if I am wrong on that..

Cylumne
08-21-2013, 02:17 AM
I am on Xbox 360. then you have no choice but to wait ..

Krauser
08-21-2013, 03:34 AM
DLC? I'm on Playstation, I have no idea. I spent from 3:30 to 8:30 waiting to get on, and once I did no DLC and all my weapons are nerfed.

I may check it out tomorrow, if it's working.

Rakshasa
08-21-2013, 04:08 AM
Wow, this thread not only left the rails, it apparently achieved escape velocity.

Did somebody ask what we rate the DLC? Well, I'd give it about an 8 to 8.5 out of 10, for the DLC, patch, etc. Playing on PC NA, and I did play on PTS a bit so I knew what to expect. And like an orbital strike of refocused thread-relevance, the full recap so far follows, so you know the drill... your opinions and mileage may vary, proceed at your own risk:

Perfect rating on technical implementation. Downloaded the patch successfully in a single attempt, start to finish, at as high bandwidth as my mediocre DSL can manage. Patch was apparently 5-6gb, took right around 5 hours to get it I think -- it was done when I got back from dinner. No issues patching, logging in, or getting in game. All my DLC items were available to claim in the store with no problems. Claimed and used everything but the character makeover, which I'm holding off on for now. Everything else worked as intended. Played from about 8pm PT until finally logging off just before the daily 2am PT restart. Constant, uninterrupted gameplay for 6 hours, with no issues or problems, as usual. The areas I was in on PC NA were consistently busy for most of the evening, especially the major DM arkfall, but everything ran smoothly.

Managed 3 sieges and several arkfalls, both major and minor. Sieges are a blast, seem to be working perfectly, and remain as fun as they were on test server. Every arkfall I hit worked as intended, all completed successfully. Dark Matter minors and majors are great fun, with some cool little twists, and the final of the major (which I had missed trying out on test) being a long, impressive battle. Monolith bombardments are going to do wonders for people's revive totals. Rates of occurrence for sieges and all arkfall types seem to be about right, keeping the map busy with stuff to do at all times. Only change I'd make would be the same as with the Afflicted Sieges -- I'd stagger the start times a bit, rather than having all of them beginning at once. They happen often enough that's not a big deal though.

I didn't expect -- but still would have loved to have seen -- a bit more story and mission content. But what we got is ok, and it works well. Thorn Liro stuff is effective and has a consistent Castithan feel to it, in the cutscenes and voice work. Ran all 5 arenas at least once each, all worked fine, including showing the proper scores, ratings, and time remaining (fixed from test). Got a couple of golds first try on the early ones, but didn't even hit silver in 2 tries at the last one yet, probably due to tiredness and a less than optimal weapon loadout.

New charge weapons are cool, most are extremely useful... and in a couple of cases pretty overpowered, in my opinion. (Largely based on my experience on test server, but it looks like very little changed.) Fully expect one or two will be ever so gently nudged down a bit with something soft and spongy very soon. Love the small but useful changes to the map, and the additional fast travel points. Changes to mods are going to reduce a lot of headaches in quickly building decently modded guns, while still keeping maxed-out top end ones a slightly longer-term project. I seriously love the changes to Salvage Matrix costs. Lack of mod slots is no longer a problem, which removes a lot of the "penalty" for leveling past the various EGO threshholds. Matrix is about perfect now IMO with that, plus the previously introduced resetting mastery, plus the gloriously quick Breakdown button.

Castithan characters are mostly well done and look good. Nice options for features and hair, and nice work on customizing some of the outfits on them. I'd love to have a medium-grey skin tone choice, darker than the screamingly bright ultra-white, but still colorless. The slightly tan tone is human-ish, but ok; two choices of purple are... baffling. Maybe they don't look as purple in the game as they do in character creation, but I'd gladly trade either one for a pale mid-range monochrome. I'm holding on to the character makeover for now, as my existing 4 toons continue to make a case for keeping their established identities. I'm an incurable alt-aholic in MMOs, and would gladly spend some bits for the ability to unlock 5th and 6th character slots on an account.

New voice choices are terrific, as are all the various additional things our characters comment on now. Nice flavor, and useful in the case of weapon drops, etc. The additional emotes and comments are nice, and the selection of voices gives some decent variety. Professional is probably the best on paper, but Lunatic is the most fun.

My only real gripe is with the changes to Chat. I'm on record as having been fairly well satisfied with the original chat setup, since it basically just worked for me. Area chat worked quickly and efficiently, hit enter, type text, hit enter, done. Private tells worked, group chat worked. I know some people roundly despised it, but as an MMO veteran of 15 years, I had no real problems with the game's chat. If it were up to me, I'd have given people the option to resize the chat line/box if they wanted, maybe given them a selectable/mutable larger zone chat channel, and sent 'em on their merry way.

Well, we do have zone now, and it is purely optional, so that's fine. People are of course talking zone-wide when they mean to be talking to someone standing right next to them, but at least there's not much outright spamming. Yet. The extra options, callouts, and emotes in the enlarged chat window are fine, no problem with that. The problem I do have is that doing any chat now requires that larger window to pop up, covering too much of the screen, blocking gameplay, and refusing to go away by tapping the same key again quickly. That's a head-scratchingly bad idea, but one that should be fixable by giving us a different key binding for that big window, and leaving [ENTER] to do what it always did: start and end a quick, simple line of chat text.

The other chat problem I'm seeing is that, depending on what you do in the big window, it sometimes stops showing the active incoming chat now at the regular chat line. And the chat area in other places -- character screen, etc. -- is showing stuff from somewhere else. Apparently way earlier. Possibly from another game, I'm not sure. Not as concerned about that, if we can just get the normal chat line back to the way it was, and have that whole big window be on a separate key.

But since that's really the main and only thing I have to complain about personally so far, I have to say... that ain't bad. :cool:

Notturno
08-21-2013, 04:09 AM
I would give it a 7 out of 10 overall. I would say everything within the update is pretty significant, and generally speaking I have had a lot of fun with this update. I think Trion really dragged their feet getting this one out to us in a timely manner, and the delay really factored into my expectations for this update. I am just hoping this level of quality can be consistently delivered, rather than delayed.

There's a lot of really great updates in this release, and I've enjoyed much of it:
The Volge Sieges are fun. They aren't what I would define as difficult, but they were fairly engaging and seem to scale pretty well. I really enjoy the fact that they seem to give a tangible amount of rewards for your effort, and the mechanics of them are solid.
The Dark Matter Arkfalls are really fun, specifically the hulk juice. I think having more arkfall variety is great, and this certainly delivers upon it. The only thing I did not like is how long the Monolith takes to kill. It took the equivalent of five Progenitor cycles to kill, and those cycles with the Monolith take longer. I'm not against it taking longer, it just seemed to not deliver scaling rewards for doing so. It makes me less inclined to participate in that sort of arkfall long term.
The Military Academy is a really awesome map. I think it sets a pretty high standard for future maps, and offers a really unique play style that varies quite a bit from the other three maps.
The Arenas are well done, in my opinion. I really appreciate the difficulty of them, not in the sense that it's hard to get gold, but that there's a really high skill ceiling for scoring. I think we'll see a lot of competition over top scores (at least on PC-NA). This arena system is just begging to be turned into group content.

Though I must admit, I have some gripes with the DLC.
The delay was just unnecessarily long. These updates should have two to three month turnarounds, not four and a half. If a more consistent schedule of a DLC update every two to three months was adhered to, I'd be much happier as a customer.
There were a lot of stealth nerfs, and I hate having to navigate the game looking for small changes that can dramatically alter the game.
Tachmag Pulser accuracy was decreased. I do not have a baseline to compare it to, but it appears this made it into the game with no mention from the developers. I'm not saying this wasn't necessary (it absolutely was), but not having a record of this can really skew perceptions on balance.
Shotguns cannot fire to break the reload animation anymore, but have to perform other actions (melee, scope, roll) to cancel it. This is a pretty significant change to the weapon's mobility and flexibility with its reload system. It forces unnecessary actions to break an action that has no reason to be continuous.
The nano effect delay was added, but not mentioned in the patch notes. Again, this is something that was necessary and appreciated, but not being informed of it is a bit jolting. Having a record of this is incredibly helpful to maintaining a leveled perspective on the game.
There's some pretty annoying bugs in the game. They are not game breaking, but certainly disrupt and bother me.
Military Academy feels like it was never play tested, it has some pretty serious bugs. There are some areas where the lighting completely breaks and turns everything black, to the point where you absolutely cannot see anything. There are several invisible walls that do not appear natural; they have openings you can shoot through, but cannot travel through.
Arenas have broken HUD elements; there are time where your score, multiplier, and timer will completely disappear. It makes it hard to gauge your progress, which kind of hampers your ability to improve your score. Considering this is one of the paid elements of the DLC, I would rather see this get the bug fix priority.

ChaosOneX
08-21-2013, 04:16 AM
Arenas have broken HUD elements; there are time where your score, multiplier, and timer will completely disappear. It makes it hard to gauge your progress, which kind of hampers your ability to improve your score. Considering this is one of the paid elements of the DLC, I would rather see this get the bug fix priority.[/list][/list]

Actually, this only seems to occur if you go down or open the character menu. (Anything that alters the hud/screen area)

but I'm on 360, so I cannot speak for other consoles.

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 04:21 AM
There are some areas where the lighting completely breaks and turns everything black, to the point where you absolutely cannot see anything.

This reminds me of a similar black and as well as green out issue back during prelaunch alpha. The black out would occur usually when transitioning from inside to outside areas(like the basement of iron demon ranch or the upper rooms at topnotch etc). It certainly sounds similar.

Dracian
08-21-2013, 04:31 AM
For my part, I have played extensively on the PTS, so I knew what was in the DLC... Good things and average stuff.

Free Content : 8/10 : Very good, there not much more to add.

- Volge Sieges are awesome. Did two this morning and everything went pretty smoothly, I only had to remind people twice that upgrading towers was almost a pre-requisite if they wanted to go past wave 10.

- Dark Matter Arkfalls : nothing to say, damn fun. The fight against the Monolith is really epic, though quite a little bit long.

- Blades allows to play a viable melee character. At last. Something like a dozen Perks may now be useful.

- Charge Weapons : A little bit disappointing, only the sniper rifles are good.

- Duels and Military Academy : still have to test on the live server.

Paid Content : 5/10 : Too average. I have bought the Season Pass, and I have to say that it's not matching my standards concerning what should there be in a paid DLC.

- Arenas are OK, but not much more. After completing one, I don't feel the need to try again which is disappointing. Priority should be to be able to go in there in groups, as announced in the first time.

- Raptor is a brick on wheels, but it seems it's working as intended. Too bad, I'll stick with my Dodges.

- THE NEW OUTFIT GIVE FEMALE CHARACTERS BOOBS, WEAR IT ! :p

- Catithan Race... This is why I don't like the DLC System : that race should have been there from start.

- Customization/Charge Pack : little bonuses. Useless for me now, the Charge Pack grant me 1500 Ark Salvage (3 green weaps)

Yrkul
08-21-2013, 04:33 AM
4/10

I like the new sieges. I... somewhat like the new arkfall. It's paced badly and the repetitive one-phase setup it too obvious. The volge LMG is a very nice, cost effective DMR.

The rest is... meh.

The arena feels very contrived, and the minimal storyline is toe-cringing. Charge weapons feel... off for the most part, and none has made it into my loadouts. The charge swords feel clumsy and is only effective where you least want to be (within hugging distance of mobs). The new 4-seater feels like a walrus on wheels. The castithan race has no appeal to me...

On top of that, most of the things they changed are for the worse. I now have to hear my and everybody else's comment on everything we do. "Time to drive", "my shield is gone", boapboapboap... Really? Turning down character volume mutes everything, so that's not a viable solution.

Well, they can't please everyone, I guess. It's nice we can buy most synergy mods now, and the prices in the salvage matrix aren't astronomical anymore, though now I feel it's too..... See? See? Agh!

Bottom line is: The good things are free anyway, so unless you really want to play a castithan or love horde mode, you can do without the paid content.

Iceberg
08-21-2013, 04:55 AM
If I had to rate the paid DLC it is this:

8j8jVFTOV5Y

The free patch content though is actually good.

Nadar
08-21-2013, 04:58 AM
(on NA PC)
Thank you Rakshasa, Notturno & Dracian (and probably others a bit earlier in this long topic - got tired of wading thru the all too common rants that I skipped to 'last') for getting back on topic with very good reviews.

I give it an 8 out of 10. I agree that the paid content is rather flimsy but even though I have the season pass and thus did pay for those 'extras', the overall content of what was released is excellent so I don't mind that a lot of the DLC is free to everyone.

I didn't get to play as much as I had hoped since the the download took longer than expected. Started as soon as it became available but for some reason, the speed dropped to about a 10th of what my connect supports while I wasn't watching. Doing a PAUSE and RESUME brought the speed up to normal but this glitch caused it to take several hours longer than it should.

But it was worth the wait. Hit a seige within minutes of getting into the game. It was the Bathhouse and there weren't many people in it....maybe only 10 or so but that is how I prefer it. I don't like the 'events' that have a huge number of people due to the percentage that prefer griefing (intentional or not) to cooperating. In any case, it was a lot of fun. Hit several of the Dark Matter Arc Falls and love the charge ups...when we get them....not so much when Dark Matter gets them.

Spent much of my time doing the Arena 'mission'. I really liked them. I'm sure they would get old very fast to do them repeatedly but running one a day for the contracts is a nice change up from the other activities. Getting coop versions at some point will be nice but I don't mind the solo aspect of them. I like the fast pace they provide.

Overall, I really like what was released... a few bad things (I liked SAWs & the nerf hurt a bit) but mostly great enhancements to the game. I look forward to the next DLC.

Gomly
08-21-2013, 05:03 AM
I didn't buy the dlc but get free stuff.

I like free stuff.

So it's all good for me and my free stuffs.

Tyger
08-21-2013, 05:10 AM

It's exactly what a DLC typically offers up in other games. So I would call it an 8 out of 10. They could have added a heavier story to the arenas. Possibly a cinematic that represented each Liro and their issues/qualms as the npc related his story. Also could have maybe added another map for the small end of pvp - like a new 6v6. Other than that it was exactly what they promised aswell as a sh!t-ton of fixes patched in to smooth out a lot of crunchy areas.

Then again, I know the diff between realistic expectations and the malaise of the deranged entitlement H8r... so there's that too.

Indra Echo
08-21-2013, 05:30 AM

Most hated? What a load of crap. If you and others hate people over a video game then you need to reassess your priorities. All you do here is criticize and now you say hate. There's a long list of game companies that I don't like. Some used to be good, but no doubt you don't hate them, even when things they do are worse than this.

If you have hate for this, then again it's time to reassess things not for me or Trion, but for you.

Myria
08-21-2013, 05:31 AM
With one exception the DLC was all that I have come to expect out of Defiance.

Unfortunately.

The exception being the size of the DL.

Re-downloading essentially the entire game for a very minor patch?

Seriously?

Wow, that's some epic level fail, that is.

Granted, I expected fail, but that's above and beyond, even for Trion.

It's the little things that let you know they really do care :).

In any event, if nothing else the DLC has returned these forums to their usual amusing state, a definite plus.

Predictions for DLC2, anyone? My bet is on Pow armor and and a previously unknown race of green skinned humans... Err, Votans.

Misfit501
08-21-2013, 05:31 AM
0/10. Wasn't able to play once yesterday because of those stupid time out errors. Maybe if I can actually play the free and PAID content I might change my mind. Good job Sony, Trion and whoever else had a hand in this ever so smooth release.

Rakshasa
08-21-2013, 05:34 AM
Kudos to whomever wrangled this wily and recalcitrant thread back into proper shape... although trimming several pages from it does make my comments about going off the rails and my use of the word "ain't" look a little peculiar now. ;)

I wanted to qualify that my comments about the Casti skin tones are based on my experience on the test server a few days ago. So it's possible they may be flat-out wrong now. I did a lot of experimenting with making Castithans on test, but as I noted, I didn't use my "makeover" in the live DLC yet. So I haven't in fact tried making a Casti in the final version. It's possible that they changed things in the last few days, and if so, the skin tone options may no longer be "SPF9000 White", "A Bit Purple", "Light Tan", and "A Bit More Purple". If that's the case, then my compliments to them, and my apologies for making assumptions!

Indra Echo
08-21-2013, 05:39 AM
(on NA PC)
Thank you Rakshasa, Notturno & Dracian (and probably others a bit earlier in this long topic - got tired of wading thru the all too common rants that I skipped to 'last') for getting back on topic with very good reviews.

I give it an 8 out of 10. I agree that the paid content is rather flimsy but even though I have the season pass and thus did pay for those 'extras', the overall content of what was released is excellent so I don't mind that a lot of the DLC is free to everyone.

I didn't get to play as much as I had hoped since the the download took longer than expected. Started as soon as it became available but for some reason, the speed dropped to about a 10th of what my connect supports while I wasn't watching. Doing a PAUSE and RESUME brought the speed up to normal but this glitch caused it to take several hours longer than it should.

But it was worth the wait. Hit a seige within minutes of getting into the game. It was the Bathhouse and there weren't many people in it....maybe only 10 or so but that is how I prefer it. I don't like the 'events' that have a huge number of people due to the percentage that prefer griefing (intentional or not) to cooperating. In any case, it was a lot of fun. Hit several of the Dark Matter Arc Falls and love the charge ups...when we get them....not so much when Dark Matter gets them.

Spent much of my time doing the Arena 'mission'. I really liked them. I'm sure they would get old very fast to do them repeatedly but running one a day for the contracts is a nice change up from the other activities. Getting coop versions at some point will be nice but I don't mind the solo aspect of them. I like the fast pace they provide.

Overall, I really like what was released... a few bad things (I liked SAWs & the nerf hurt a bit) but mostly great enhancements to the game. I look forward to the next DLC.

Great points and assessment of your experience. I like the DLC. My biggest problems were due to my connection and the number of people playing-lag and waiting in the queue. I did some sieges, the arena, new Volge emergencies. I played with friends-it was a lot of fun with 4 in the Raptor. Duels were fun too. I got the 3 new weapons and other stuff from buying the DLC, got a weapon from doing the sieges (the Volge gun), and a charge pistol (a Haar). The Dark Matter arkfalls are fun-wild to see that Monolith up in the air. Most of this is more of the same-I never expected a War and Peace storyline. I expected fun things to do. I got fun things to do. And the great group of friends I played it with, made it even better.

Villain
08-21-2013, 05:44 AM
2/10. After two hous with this new content, I already had enough. Game has lost all appeal. GTA5 can't get here soon enough

GTA 5 <3 Less than a month! :cool: We're almost there guys!

Thearl
08-21-2013, 05:54 AM
I opted not to buy - but...

From my PTS playtime, on the paid content, for DLC content (one quest line involving arenas) I have to go with a 5/10. It loses points for Arenas being incomplete (no multiplayer) and for feeling like a too long rampage. As far as DLC goes, it's a little less in content that I would expect in a Mass Effect DLC packet as an example.

For the free content (Basically game patch adding new features), I'm going 7/10. Some of the charge weapons are neat and will find their way into a niche loadout. The new Arkfall (Dark Matter) added a much needed level of diffiuclty and frustration to a game that was stagnating. The Sieges were desperately needed to increase play variety.

Overall, this DLC makes me start thinking about the next 4 DLC hits:
1) Launch = Humans + Iraths; DLC1 = Castis; DLC2-5 = the other Votan Races at 1 race per drop?
2) DLC1 added one mission line and a new PvP map; Setting a precident for each DLC to add one Mission line plus one new map type, like a co-op, new challenge, or new PvP map?
3) DLC1 added a new game mode and a new Arkfall; Latter DLCs will each add a new Arkfall (99ers, raider major?), PvP mode (Escort?), or new Siege (hellbugs?)
4) I firmly believe that while we might see new instanced map areas, I feel like we won't see any new overland areas open up until there is an expansion announced for (or after) season 2 of the TV show.

Interesting things to speculate on anyway. Overall, for me, DLC1 is not $10 of content. I'm looking forward to what DLC2 is (Sensoths may be worth $10 to me), but my gut feeling is that I'd be smarter to chill out and buy the season pass when it drops to $9.99 after/if DLC 5 drops.

Donnyrides
08-21-2013, 05:59 AM
I give it a 4/10

Reasons:

Completely changing the stores and how human to human business is run so the game can soak up scrip and implementing it in a very ninja way without letting the community know just pushed my trust for the release notes out the door.

I like many people have saved up loads of salvage in prep for buying keys to get lock boxes to get my hands on some of the new items but now I have to pay scrip along with salvage to get keys. Had there been any kind of transparency to what was in the patch portion of the DLC the community would have been able to make a better decision on how they want to spend their scrip/salvage - DLC stands for DownLoadable CONTENT, messing with the in game store prices is not CONTENT, it's a reprogram.

The arena is very glitched and far to dark. Enemies don't die, and enemies are still shooting me after the round ends. I sit about 10 feet away from a 42 inch TV and I have no chance of picking up Dark Matter before they are hitting me thus crushing my multiplier. Maybe I just need to get better at this part.

the duels are extremely meh. I think everybody thought that duels would take you to a small battlefield where only you and your opponent would hunt each other down. Instead it is a crash boomer/infecter fight to the death.

ON THE GOOD SIDE

I love the drastic price cut for adding mod slots and remastering - this is a patch and not CONTENT

I love the color change on syn mods and weapon bonuses. - this is a patch and not CONTENT

I love the Sieges and new Arkfall. Sometimes the sieges cause my machine to lock up though :( - THIS IS CONTENT!! and to be honest alone is worth about $5 of my $8 DLC price

There is very little CONTENT offered to call this a DLC. I understand that there has been a ton of shift on the dev team so I can live with what I got. I really wish I didn't pay for the season pass but for DLC1 I guess I got my $8 worth but since all the things I like about the DLC would have been free to me, I kind of feel tricked.

I would have liked to have seen the map expanded and 1 or 2 new coops. The coops only available to those who paid for content.

Indra Echo
08-21-2013, 06:16 AM
@Donnyrides,
Your first point is about scrip. Well blame complaining fans for that. In fact, a lot of what has happened in this game has been due to complaining fans. If I'd go with one mistake Trion made (sure there were others), I'd say it's in trying too hard to follow fans whims.

Fans playing the game got all up in arms and complained that scrip was stupid since it was not really needed for anything. I even "argued" with people in chat that scrip was used for things, but the end result was players still thought scrip was stupid and not needed. Trion said "ok, we'll give you a use for it". So, instead of cars on sale for 500 scrip, we got expensive cars. And this DLC has reduced costs for things using salvage (no one complain about salvage and loot being meaningless, please)-no one said that is content but it is also in response to a lot of complaining. But now things actually do cost "money"--scrip. Blame fans. Trion responded to a complaint so now scrip means something. Go figure.

And actually, many people understood that they'd need more scrip for things so some (like me) were building up both scrip and salvage. Salvage is needed for turrets at sieges.

What all of this points to is the indiscriminate use of the mouth or PC keyboard. People complain, complain, complain, and when Trion does something about it, they complain some more.

The way things work here is people complain there are no difficult foes. The Volge arrive. Others complain the Volge are too difficult and too plentiful. The number of Volge decrease. Others complain there are not enough Volge. The numbers increase. Others complain there are too many Volge. I'd like to see anyone else deal with this kind of thing in a way that would make everyone happy. There is no such possibility.

Your issues with sieges and your machine locking up can have as much or more to do with your own system or if a console, the console and the network it's on as with the game itself. The DLC brought a lot of people into the game. For me it was very laggy. But it was busy and my wifi was being used by other devices at the time. If I had a pristine setup I might be able to judge how much of the problem is due to the game and how much is due to our own individual setups.

Understand that there is no game out there that does not have lag issues and for some, they are unplayable. The reason sometimes is the game and its matchmaking, but also our own systems. Lag gets worse when you try to play with specific people because the match being made might not be optimal.

Duels--I know of no one that thought that duels would take us to special areas. It was always said they would be real world events. Everyone I know of took that to mean, "like Shadow Wars". I had fun with them-did them with friends and I think doing so with randoms will add another level to them. Also, some of my friends were having fun thinking about who they might seek out to try this on. Either you like them or you don't I guess-but don't try to say they were hyped to be something else. They are pretty much what I thought they'd be. Since they are PvP events, they will always be what people make of them. If they turn into Crash Boomer/Infector things then blame players for that. The biggest problems in any PvP are player created issues.

August Barkley
08-21-2013, 06:17 AM
Paid Content: 0/10, because I do not get it in full. However, like many other owners of S. Pass.

Free content is very good. Those who did not buy, do not lose anything, and even gained a lot more. Since it was originally MICRO dlc, I can rate the free part of a 6,8/10 [for the time being].

PseudoCool
08-21-2013, 06:24 AM
I'm going to stand on this post as a simple rating system for my thoughts on DLC1 -

FREE content - 7/10. Love the new sieges, DM arkfall is a blast (and yes, you can actually fail it), and the new weapons are nice, but nothing to write home about.

Paid content - 0/10. 1 totally crap-tastic truck, 1 re-skinned race that really isn't all that, 1 lockbox of charge weapons that is the same all around (c'mon.. lockboxes with NO variety? your kidding me!), and access to the "arena" which is more of a hotshot or rampage with levels. This is the absolute WORST DLC I have ever purchased in terms of content, since it involves 3 data recorders then access to the arena. That's it. My pre-paid season pass get's me 3 data recorders in DLC1.. yay me. Pffffbt.

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 06:25 AM
I give it a 4/10

Reasons:

Completely changing the stores and how human to human business is run so the game can soak up scrip and implementing it in a very ninja way without letting the community know just pushed my trust for the release notes out the door.

I like many people have saved up loads of salvage in prep for buying keys to get lock boxes to get my hands on some of the new items but now I have to pay scrip along with salvage to get keys. Had there been any kind of transparency to what was in the patch portion of the DLC the community would have been able to make a better decision on how they want to spend their scrip/salvage - DLC stands for DownLoadable CONTENT, messing with the in game store prices is not CONTENT, it's a reprogram.

The arena is very glitched and far to dark. Enemies don't die, and enemies are still shooting me after the round ends. I sit about 10 feet away from a 42 inch TV and I have no chance of picking up Dark Matter before they are hitting me thus crushing my multiplier. Maybe I just need to get better at this part.

the duels are extremely meh. I think everybody thought that duels would take you to a small battlefield where only you and your opponent would hunt each other down. Instead it is a crash boomer/infecter fight to the death.

ON THE GOOD SIDE

I love the drastic price cut for adding mod slots and remastering - this is a patch and not CONTENT

I love the color change on syn mods and weapon bonuses. - this is a patch and not CONTENT

I love the Sieges and new Arkfall. Sometimes the sieges cause my machine to lock up though :( - THIS IS CONTENT!! and to be honest alone is worth about $5 of my $8 DLC price

There is very little CONTENT offered to call this a DLC. I understand that there has been a ton of shift on the dev team so I can live with what I got. I really wish I didn't pay for the season pass but for DLC1 I guess I got my $8 worth but since all the things I like about the DLC would have been free to me, I kind of feel tricked.

I would have liked to have seen the map expanded and 1 or 2 new coops. The coops only available to those who paid for content.

But Indra, the VP of marketing doesnt agree with you. In fact he says they dont listen to us and that we're a commodity that is under exploited. I know you wholly want to vilify your fellow gamers(and alienate even more on the forums than you already have) but its misplaced, according to Maffit:

http://www.thealistdaily.com/news/marketing-worlds/

PseudoCool
08-21-2013, 06:34 AM
But Indra, the VP of marketing doesnt agree with you. In fact he says they dont listen to us and that we're a commodity that is under exploited. I know you wholly want to vilify your fellow gamers(and alienate even more on the forums than you already have) but its misplaced, according to Maffit:

I think Mr. Maffit is going to become a member of the hair club for men, after he pulls all his out by the roots trying to "engage the new market".. pffbt.. video game players aren't like consumers of other industries. We're fickle.. we're demanding.. we're exacting in our praise and downright poisonous in our disgust. I hope his time at Office Depot helped him learn where to find the tylenol and how to properly buy a relaxing desk chair.. I think he's going to need both!

ewishki
08-21-2013, 06:48 AM
technically its not a "lock-box" just a loot drop and if reports are verified quite a few people are getting them not that oranges are in truth any better than any other color weapon they all have the same base statistics other than ego lvl to use and what ever synergy they have also if so inclined "what ever mastery you wind up illogically rolling on it :/ all in all the color is completely and sadly arbitrary but they should all drop from arkfalls/mobs as was originally intended ..lock boxes just as in other mmo's are suppose to "allocate a higher percentile chance for them "rarer more powerful items which sadly in defiance all items are fairly much the same due to constant nerfing ..

The XP mastery bonus on higher rarity items is better. In addition, higher rarity items can have more rolls. It is possiboe to get a 5 roll orange.

torch327
08-21-2013, 06:51 AM
Free content:8/10...sieges and arkfalls are fun.mod vendor changes were nice(no more 200k mods).
Paid content:as it functions now,-4/10.the arenas would be really fun if they were actually playable.extreme lag that causes enemies to disappear and reappear,health not going down until a full second after I stop shooting.I must say this is by far the worst dlc I have ever purchased.

Mr Reloaded
08-21-2013, 07:09 AM
Well I haven't even got my charge pack, respec yet so can't comment on the paid side but I got all but 1 achievement on the xbox in an evening of play. I'm amazed the sieges are not lagging as the arena was a lag fest!

I have been gaming for over 20 years and in all my time I don't feel ripped off as much as I do now. Free content I'd give a 7 and paid content a 1.

I'm far from being done with the game but what little confidence I had in getting some meaningful content is gone

Terb
08-21-2013, 07:13 AM
1.7/10 - Any new content only works for me up until the point where keys/scrip/XP is rewarded.... critical disconnects are rampant. I think 1.7 is generous.

Zugo
08-21-2013, 07:14 AM
Patching was a breeze, and I hogged the TV all night. 9/10

I havn't purchased the payed portion of the DLC, but as far as I can tell I'm not missing a whole lot. I'm more interested in the sieges, and DM arkfalls. I actually struggled on a minor DM arkfall last night, and I was seriously thinking about changing my perk load out before help arrived.

Sieges with the Volge are fun, and have more of a team effort feeling to them then the standard arkfall challenges where everyone is trying to get thier name at the top of the list. I still need to take a moment to mess around with the turrets. I'll read up a little on them today so that I don't just throw resources down the drain.

Shopping!! I love the new mod shops, and hunting down the new weapons on special. So far I found a decent surge sniper/assassin/syphon on sale at Earth Republic, and completed some mod sets just to try some of the 4 piece bonuses.

Arsenic_Touch
08-21-2013, 07:15 AM
8/10 for the free portion
3/10 for the paid portion (castithans have cool hair, that gets 2 points)
2/10 for the new chat system (gets one point because there's a zone chat but everything else is buggy about it)
1/10 for story content. To even call it story content is insulting to the shallow content that was episodic content.

Smoothest patch on the pc to date, however it seems all the issues were shifted to the console version, heh.

Indra Echo
08-21-2013, 07:17 AM

I'm not villifying anyone. I never have. I do direct my attention to their comments and proclamations and a desire to cast this game in the worst light, even as they fall all over themselves talking about the next best game they'll be playing, which also will have a lot of bugs. I've always said, that does not mean this game should get away with having bugs just because others do, and it doesn't mean we shouldn't want more. But it does speak to hypocrisy. People will go and buy games that will sell millions of copies on the first day and then play them and find they don't work (I have such a game) and then keep on buying games in the same franchise. But this game is held to higher standards. That's what makes no sense to me. And I sincerely doubt that after the debacle that was the release of Black Ops 2, Treyarch gave anyone free stuff for their troubles-oh wait, I know they didn't because I got the game and couldn't play it.

I'm sorry but it is true that people complained about scrip and things got changed. People complained about weapons and they got nerfed. People have complained about other weapons that got buffed. Trion has been listening. People wanted duels, wanted the Castithan, wanted arenas (yes, MP ones), wanted sieges, wanted dark matter arkfalls, wanted charge weapons, and so on. And requested these for the DLC. And Trion did listen. Not everything gets done in exactly the way some have requested. But there is potential for that to happen in the future. The only thing that makes that less likely is random complaining. I don't mean complaining because the game has problems. Those need to be addressed and fixed, but they have also fixed a lot of bugs.

And I'm so excited that you're now taking your hatred for a game and carrying it over into something personal, an implied hatred anmd an inferred hatred for real people. Good job. I don't have personal feelings against anyone here. I'm making observations based on what they've said.

And in that article, he is also quoted as saying it is about engagement to get people to care. He specifically says it's an underused commodity.

Given some of the extraneous stuff built up around this game, I think they've tried to do that, but some voices just are not about to even try to care in a general sense. Not about people, certainly, so definitely not about a game.

Games are meant to be fun. If someone can't play the game, that's a problem. But for those who can, if you don't like this game and wanted something different, well that's for you to decide. For others, the game is fun. That doesn't mean it's perfect-by no means is it. But it's not the worst ever either. I've played many games with far worse bugs and content and a lot less to do other than to play rehashed maps, doing the exact same thing over and over and over again. I know you want me to hate the game. I don't. I don't hate much ever. But if I did. I'd move on to something that didn't evoke hatred.

Indra Echo
08-21-2013, 07:28 AM
I think Mr. Maffit is going to become a member of the hair club for men, after he pulls all his out by the roots trying to "engage the new market".. pffbt.. video game players aren't like consumers of other industries. We're fickle.. we're demanding.. we're exacting in our praise and downright poisonous in our disgust. I hope his time at Office Depot helped him learn where to find the tylenol and how to properly buy a relaxing desk chair.. I think he's going to need both!

I've worked in retail, own my own business, have worked in emergency services, and all sorts of customer service. The market is all but impossible to assess in any real way other than sales, if you're in a money based market, (as opposed to emergency services where it's about the lack of complaints).

There have been some recent articles from big name developers stating that they ignore the forums and customer demands and complaints and even praise and don't really use anything other than sales figures. The most prominent article was on a trade website. EA for one (and others also now do this as well) data mines players as they play and judges what they buy in game, as well as using purchase data to gauge the "correctness" of their business model. People need to understand what is happening today. Games get hyped prior to release in order to assure pre-orders (less likely to be returned). Pre-order sales statistics are used to generate buzz and release day sales and first week sales. Long term sales are not as important as this, since most all of the advertising and hype is geared to this first week stuff. And after that, people want something else that's new and shiny.

It's a well-known fact that most often a happy customer may tell no one. An unhappy one will tell everyone. Businesses today have learned to use both fairly effectively. Bioware very likely sold a lot more copies (eventually) of Mass Effect 3 because some people bought it just to see what all the fuss was about. And that's all that matters. But it may well have shaken up the idea of pre-ordered games at least for Bioware and ME customers.

mattr
08-21-2013, 07:28 AM
0/10. I'll revise once clan and chat functions work again. I refuse to play until then.

N3gativeCr33p
08-21-2013, 07:29 AM

Sounds remotely familiar, although it only took me FOUR tries to get it all downloaded and installed. After the third attempt, I just said screw it, then I deleted all previous patch saves from my 360's disk, did that cache clearing thing, and then the download worked just fine. I had the chance to do a DM arkfall before I went to bed, and to be honest, it just felt like more of the same... just re-skinned to look different.

Good news was it wasn't too laggy by the time I finally got into the game (after 12am central), but the bad news was I couldn't stay up more than a few hours after that to play more of it. Luckily enough, we had a late start at work today so I'm not too tired.

As it stands right now, I would give this DLC a 5/10.

hardy83
08-21-2013, 07:29 AM
7.5/10.

Lots of changes for the better, some for the worse to some people. The new content is fun, though the Arenas scream co-op.
There is some lore expansions, but more lore and a better story would've been nice.

Daholic
08-21-2013, 07:33 AM
-5/10

Game still require me to lower my standard.

Tyger
08-21-2013, 07:35 AM
Smoothest patch on the pc to date, however it seems all the issues were shifted to the console version, heh.

Ya' know... You're right. I should change mine to a 9/10 just cuz' of that :p

PseudoCool
08-21-2013, 07:39 AM
I've worked in retail, own my own business, have worked in emergency services, and all sorts of customer service. The market is all but impossible to assess in any real way other than sales, if you're in a money based market, (as opposed to emergency services where it's about the lack of complaints).

Amazing.. you and I have a very similiar background, but frankly, a totally different perspective on things.

See.. the big problem here isn't that gaming companies want to make money, just like every other company. The problem is that they've learned to hype up their products to an amazingly high point, and have routinely let down their customer base, resulting in the negative reviews that those game companies, like Trion, routinely receive. These reviews are just as warranted as those saying the game, based on it's various merits, is worth the price of admission and any recurring fee's. The problem however, is in the long term setting. Pouring millions into development and marketting of a game, and expecting the rapid turn around of that profit is where gaming companies get into trouble. If that expense isn't managed and recouped with at least a benchmark level of profitability, then the game launch is considered a failure by the bean counters, and things such as restructures and door shuttering tend to follow. This isn't just a Trion move, as many other game companies have done the same thing in the past decade.

What I find appalling, and always will, is peoples random ability, willingness, and dare I say it, near euphoria.. at paying top dollar for an unfinished product. Microsoft are the gods at this, putting out software suites and operating systems in the HUNDREDS OF DOLLAR range, completely ignoring their consumer base, and then jamming a couple of hundred "updates" for a product down your throat over the upcoming year or so.. right before putting out their next incomplete version of software. The fact that gaming companies have gotten into this mantra of "incomplete is ok" is downright disturbing.

As someone who, like yourself, has spent a good amount of time working in retail, and in owning my own business, I have at least learned that reputation is everything. If your reputation amounts to nothing short of lying to your customers, deceiving them, not delivering on promises, and worst of all, relegating them to nothing short of a "non-exploited commodity", then really.. what are you telling your consumers? what are you telling future customers about the viability of your product and moreso, your company? Shocking that even with those warning signs, there are people out there who, like myself very recently, couldn't see the writing on the wall. *SMH*

Rurouni Kenshin
08-21-2013, 07:40 AM
Just out of curiosity, at what time tonight/today did you pop your box? Grats btw on that haul tho hehe.

Spent 900k in Ark Salvage, and did it around........hmmmmm,maybe 11pm EST?

N3gativeCr33p
08-21-2013, 07:41 AM
Coolest thing I've seen from the new content was having an OJ shotty drop after finishing my first (and only) DM arkfall of the evening. Too bad it was for my low level Castithan alt, though.

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 07:42 AM
Spent 900k in Ark Salvage, and did it around........hmmmmm,maybe 11pm EST?

Thanks for the details on that. No wonder as well you got so many oranges from that haul at 900k done hehe. Im just trying to see though if current working theory on results is holding pre and post patch.

Rurouni Kenshin
08-21-2013, 07:42 AM
0/10. I'll revise once clan and chat functions work again. I refuse to play until then.

Why? You know a Clan is 100% useless in this game until they make some sort of custom PvP right?

Kadera
08-21-2013, 07:49 AM
Okay -- so the new map and UI is there, as are the Volge seiges and Dark Matter arkfalls -- but I can't rate anything until I get access to the DLC parts I paid for back in early July as a Season Pass holder.

My account shows the transaction. If I go to the Trion game management website, there's nothing more to buy because I already have it all -- Deluxe, Season Pass.

It's especially discouraging because the game's character select screen claims the problem is fixed and all I need to do is log out and in again. Which obviously isn't the case.

Anyway, any rating I might give as to the quality of the content would be affected by my disappointment in not receiving what I paid for many weeks ago.

Yokai
08-21-2013, 07:57 AM
2/10. The amount of new "content" is laughable for a paid DLC. Compare with any one DLC from Borderlands 2. See what I mean? I regret spending up front for the season pass. I'm also really poised about the wholly unneeded nerf to SAWs.

Maitreakow
08-21-2013, 08:37 AM
2/10. The amount of new "content" is laughable for a paid DLC. Compare with any one DLC from Borderlands 2. See what I mean? I regret spending up front for the season pass. I'm also really poised about the wholly unneeded nerf to SAWs.

I am still trion to understand how people can be this delusional. Can you honestly say that the SAW was not the best all-around weapon to have for PvE? Not even going to go into how you could make it an absolute beast in PvP...

Indra Echo
08-21-2013, 08:43 AM
I am still trion to understand how people can be this delusional. Can you honestly say that the SAW was not the best all-around weapon to have for PvE? Not even going to go into how you could make it an absolute beast in PvP...

People just fail to see that it can really harm a game to have it so quickly degenerate into one or two main builds and to have those mostly based upon the acquisition of rare weapons. The problems with PvP quite often involve the overuse of certain things-this causes PvP to devolve into a mess. It happens in every game I've ever played PvP in.

As it is the SAW is not now a crap weapon. I used it last night to do Volge Sieges, duels, and emergencies-along with Dark Matter arkfalls. A blue SAW. It didn't suck and it was really barely if even at all, noticeable as far as nerfing goes. I saw the stats had changed but didn't see a real effect in PvE. Who knows what it will mean in PvP? Maybe people will actually keep trying other things and get away from this "one weapon to rule them all" mentality.

InfamousBrad
08-21-2013, 08:45 AM
It's a good thing I'm enjoying the rest of the game, because I found most of DLC1 to be pretty lame, actually. The "truck of doom" is terrible (and I haven't even gotten it yet on the live servers), 9 of the 10 charge weapons are pretty terrible, Castithan characters don't look anything like the show, and the Arenas are just indoor hotshots, and the for-pay story arc is almost entirely repurposed earlier material with a couple of voice-overs and two mediocre cutscenes, and the new chat interface is, to my vast astonishment even worse than the old chat interface, something I wouldn't have thought possible. And people who were avoiding Volge emergencies just discovered that, too bad, nearly all emergencies are Volge right now, so I guess Trion's attitude is now officially "lrn2ply n00b."

The Volge sieges are fun, though, I'll give them that.

CozySwiftkilla
08-21-2013, 08:46 AM
I give it a 1/10 complete poop and I thought this was an mmo why would they put a single player arena just doesn't make sense.

Indra Echo
08-21-2013, 08:46 AM
Why? You know a Clan is 100% useless in this game until they make some sort of custom PvP right?

If you think that then you're maybe playing the game wrong. They help in a lot of ways-if only because of the information clam members have that you might not know but it also helps in performing social functions. You can get a lot of friends to play the game with and that will be there to help when needed.

Also, our clan had clan contests, volge hunting, and formed Shadow War parties and so on.

PurePlayinSerb
08-21-2013, 08:48 AM

gta V is gonna kick ***, and its about that time all the new shinny games are coming out, so open up your wallets ladies and gents... with that said, i have season pass, so im suckered into getting the rest of the dlc and keeping this game till i get every last penny out of it... so considering it cost me money i give it a 2/10 rating, only cause i really do like the charge blade, really want a orange one, have the scrip to buy one, doing each arena for reputation is the problem, and every arena awards the same rep, why wouldn't the hardest one reward more? they're not that fun to me, you don't get any loot except ammo drops, xp is good, scrip is alright... for the record the rep reward is 15 on all of them i have like 385 rep, need a 1000 rep, you do the math how long i have to waste my time just to get a weapon i can only use around other people so the dumb ai can't shoot at me while i slash and dash em

but if i didn't pay for it i would be really happy with this dlc cause i get all the cool stuff all the people paid for anyways! i would want to get my hands on a charge blade asap though they don't just look cool, they work great at many ark falls, can't really use it anywhere else except maybe seiges where there are too many people there for volge to just target you

Indra Echo
08-21-2013, 08:51 AM
I give it a 1/10 complete poop and I thought this was an mmo why would they put a single player arena just doesn't make sense.

Well, it's completely possible that they may make them MP at some point. But it's also true that some people have actually said they prefer playing the game solo, so who knows? There's nothing that says that everything in an MMO has to be done with others. It would be nice to have that, but it's perhaps also a console performance wall that Trion is up against here. I think they cannot put everything in the game all at the same time or else we'd have to play it all alone. It might be as people get kind of tired with the volge sieges, they might reduce their frequency and change arenas or even create team dueling. Don't assume that though--suggest it and get others to as well, if that's what you want.

Erei
08-21-2013, 09:29 AM
"Story" content : 2/10. Moxxi underdome was boring alone, barely interesting in a team. Considering the arenas are pretty much the same, without Moxxi funny comments and random events...
New vehicle : 0/10. It's useless. Simple as that. It may have been interesting with a turret or something, but as it is, just take 2dodges and its way better.
Siege/arkfall : 8/10. Haven't done the arkfall yet, but the sieges are really cool.
Castithan : 6/10. Mostly because I don't like the casti, but otherwise they are cool. I just don't understand why the casti male is fat. The castis on the show and NPCs are not (Sensoths, ok, but Casti ?).
New weapons : 5/10. Except for the novelty, I find them average at best. The charge weapon take too much time to charge for little damage (which mean low DPS). The sniper rifle rifle and one of the pistol is average, everything else is garbage IMO.

In the end, I'd say 5/10. I'm glad I didn't pay for 5 arena matchs and a useless vehicle (season pass with collector).

Irondiesel58
08-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Pny thing your missing is a slow stinky truck, change your person and well nothing else really cause you can get all the rest. The blade is one thing We were to get but We need to work for that as you do. 2/10 cause I wanted more missions and much less PvP. Don't we have enough PvP on the xbox. It's all just COD clones. I really wanted the Cerberus jeep with the gun on top like in the co-op. Yeah now we'd be talking. How long will it be till you can "BUY" the gun for the top. Hey they already have diff. colors for the truck.

Irondiesel58
08-25-2013, 02:34 PM
So does Senior member mean you post a lot here? Like as in they don't have enough games so there here talking about them.

Irondiesel58
08-25-2013, 02:37 PM
I don't get it, but everyone is saying I'm going to the PS4 with the new systems but the Xbox One has been sold out for at least a month and besides every new game that comes out for both systems the Play stations get the short end of the stick. I just wish they could of made one system and we all get all the games. I'm sitting out a year to see what happens first. It will be the first time I didn't have a new system on launch since super Nintendo.

Yes the xbox cost more and No their PS4 does not come with the kinects like sensor. It costs extra bringing the total up to the price of the xbox one.

Bored Peon
08-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Well when you consider what you get in other games as DLC for $10 I have to rate it up around a 7 out of 10.

dash x73
08-25-2013, 03:27 PM
I feel like i bought a $10 sword..

WARDUKE
08-25-2013, 03:29 PM
I feel like i bought a $10 sword..

or was it a $10 mask. :P

Come on, it's not that bad.

Nim Shandu
08-25-2013, 03:45 PM
It's crap. I could care less about the DLC as my main issue with the game is the Hard Freezes on PS3 and they act like the problem doesn't exist. I'm not going to play a game that destroys my console.

They should work on fixing the broken things before adding more things to break the game.

DragonGirl
08-25-2013, 05:51 PM
I give it a 6/10 the new weapons and the blades are cool the arena is hard but fun to .

Leviroth
08-25-2013, 06:24 PM
If you went for the free DLC I would rate it a 8 out of 10, But I regret getting the season pass cause the paid content is crap.
New storylines? No.... You go pick up a few data recorders and go to the arena. Beat one hear a small story do another.
At the end you get a charge blade, but chances are you picked up a better one from the vender before finishing the quest.
And one side mission...... I can see why people are getting fired left and right at this company. Also you get the Raptor that can't climb hills and is missing a turret gun. -1 out of 10

ten4
08-25-2013, 06:32 PM
If I did not pay for this dlc then I would rate it 5/10.

But since I did buy the SP, this DLC is junk and a definite -1/10.

Free Charge starter pack? I ended up breaking them so that's like 2k ark salvage.

New truck? Drives like a brick and will never use it.

New race? Just a recolored human model with fugly hair, not that it matters since either clothing covers up the model and or once past 4 people are on screen the game renders everyone as the michellan man.

New costume? Hella ugly and will never wear it.

Ability to do arenas? You can get charge blades from lock boxes (already have two) and I get more loot/sc per hour chasing arkfalls/sieges. If arenas awarded key codes then they might be worth doing but they don't so get enough rep to buy a blade and do the goals; then never play them again.

So that's it for paid content? Disappointing but that's what I expected.

W/e. I sum it up like this: I completed all goals except the bugged one in less than two days. It took them 4 months to come up with this and that my friends is what I call one hell of a weak DLC.

To their credit, it's slightly better than 'horse armor' though.

For single player games, dlcs like this is fine and expected but for a MMO that is supposed to keep people interested for a long time? No, not acceptable.

To those that have not bought the DLC, I highly suggest not to buy it; you get everything good for free and the pdlc part is most certainly not worth the money.

Orbital
08-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Kinda regret getting the season pass now, the paid portion of the DLC was kinda a let down. Hopefully they make getting the DLC's worth it other than keeping the game funded. They could of at least thrown us some inventory slots and boosts with it. The items were blah, the arenas are running slightly better but are still pretty laggy at times. If they actually give the raptor the turret I might think about using it.

I am enjoying the free parts though, the sieges and new arkfalls. They bugged out my pvp weapons so I haven't checked out the military academy yet, but I hear it has quite a few bugs with invis walls and lighting issues.

Rizzlok
08-25-2013, 06:45 PM
strange that such a little content dlc was delayed for so long

Untamed Gunner
08-25-2013, 06:57 PM
What we got was awesome love the new arkfalls and seiges, the arenas are nice very fun and going for gold is chalanging. That being said because it only took 4 hours to do it all I give it 5 if it added even 20 side mission our open even a small ( half size of SF..) map it would have been a 10 the lack of real content killed the awesome stuff that did come out

yarg13
08-25-2013, 07:02 PM
2/10 because sieges and arkfalls aren't part of the dlc so what i actually got for 10 dollars was a new vendor and 5 arenas. Totally not worth it

Time Lord
08-25-2013, 07:20 PM
1/10 extraordinary lack of content takes 30 min to run through everything in this dlc. They didn't really add anything that has any meaning to it, its basically a weekly episode that took them months to make.

Cassiel
08-26-2013, 01:16 AM
DLC by itself = 8/10.

I like the sieges (be nice if they were twice as frequent). I've done about 30, gotten tier 4 a number of times but all the loot has been rubbish.
New arkfalls are fun. Minors are still better for farming keys than majors.
New weapons are nice for the variety. I haven't found anything decent though

However I think the overall rating of Defiance plus the long awaited DLC 1 = 1/10. Very disappointing compared to what I hoped for.

Not nearly enough new CONTENT..... :(
Arena was neat but not much point in doing them more than once. Unless you want an orange blade, but no weapon skill ups and pretty boring
Did I mention the lack of content? Those of us playing since day 1 were hoping the DLC would have MAJOR new things to do. After a week I'm ready for DLC 2 :(
Castithan Race - doesn't do much for me, just for show. There should be bonuses or something for different races. Make them worth changing to
4 passenger vehicle - not as good as any other vehicle and doesn't skill up Cerebus because it's a roller. Rotting in my inventory

I guess my overall expectations were that DLC 1 would introduce hours and hours of new material and while I like the changes, they are only a fraction of what I needed. I don't know how much longer I can last, which makes me very sad because the game has fantastic potential.

Pandur
08-26-2013, 01:23 AM
DLC with all the free content 8/10, only paid content DLC 4/10.
I really like the sieges and the new arkfall, mildly enjoying the arena and the charge blade for novelty.
IMO the better part of the content is the free one which is kinda funny.

Frostdrift
08-26-2013, 01:24 AM
It's about Ben Affleck Batman bad.

The sieges are fun.

Lollie
08-26-2013, 02:10 AM
2/10 I think. Just not a lot there.

Carnak
08-26-2013, 03:18 AM
The sieges and dm arkfalls are definitely the best of the new stuff. I'd rate them an 8.

I'm glad to have playable castis but think the arena missions are just a pain in the arse. I could force myself to finish them - they're not impossible - but a game that isn't fun isn't a game. So the paid stuff, maybe a 3.

N155
08-26-2013, 03:46 AM
Not bad at all. Just it is little for second breath. Nothing to rating.

dash x73
08-26-2013, 10:47 AM
I rate it "refund" worthy

Tyger
08-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Lulz...

But if it was a CoD DLC that gave a map or 2, 3 new weapons and a new skin it would get gobbled up w/o a second's thought and be praised for all the innovation it delivers.

I think a lot of you here were expecting an 'Expansion', not a DLC. Your over-hyped expectations are at fault, not the DLC itself. Now if DLC numbah 2 kicks the door in with expanding the useable map area as well as a major infusion of story and pvp additions.... Then yea, looking back on DLC#1 -as is- would be hard to justify - quality wise.

jerodatgm
08-26-2013, 10:58 AM
7/10 for me. Sieges and the DM arkfalls are fun but my favorite is the charge blade. :). Arenas present a challebge (at least for me) and can be entertaining but I'm not sure I'll do them much after getting enough rep for the purple blade. Wish they were co-op...

Iceberg
08-26-2013, 01:36 PM
The paid items in the DLC were what? Charge blades, castithan models (females look much better than male ones) arenas (lag central and no co-op) and a raptor with no turret and no way of using your own weapon to shoot things with. Drives like a diaper truck and is slower than a snail.

It wouldn't be so bad if the items that were in the DLC actually worked and were polished, I don't think anyone was expecting an expansion, but given the amount of time that was used to create this mess they should have at least came out with something polished.

Mess7739
08-26-2013, 07:07 PM
I'll give the DLC 7/10

The free stuff is pretty good & the paid content was kind of bunk, but overall I'm having fun with it. I like the sieges, killing waves of things is what I consider fun, they should add more "Grunt" and "Weenie" enemies to the old Arkfalls.

-I wish they kept chat the same, the new set up bothers my gameplay.
-I wish they would "fix" the Arenas, way too lagging & annoying.
-I wish they would allow for duelling in the Arenas 1v1 or teams of 2 would be interesting, especially with the flamers, explosive barrels and electrified floors.
-I wish they would revamp the Raptor, put a turret on it already it goes as slow as a tank & with those fat round tires it should be able to go over terrain better like an ATV but with more hitpoints.
-I wish they would stop nerfing things for the PvP "world", leave it alone & just create PvP versions of gear with an option to check it out in the menu like with the PvP outfits.
-I wish they would fix the "math" concerning bonuses, i.e. so you can have a weapon with a mag x1.50 bonus and add a high cap mag III (mag x1.50) to it for double the clip load.
-I wish they would fix all the bugs so the game can run the way its supposed to.

:( but wishing is pointless, unless someone has a genie they can give to me.

Krauser
08-26-2013, 08:12 PM
My gripes, now that we have it on PS3.....

Dark Matter Arkfalls; don't work. I've tried maybe 10 or 12 times, never been further than the mech showing up at the last stage before I time out. I doubt it happens to everyone all the time, but I'd guess it's close to 50% or higher for most of us. A slim chance of giving out oranges does me no good if I can't ever finish the arkfall.

Arenas; pain in the butt. They were kinda fun for the first few times, but I can never seem to finish the last one. Not sure if it's a glitch but I have to start them all over each time. After getting the data recorders and playing the first four, I only have so much patience for the last one before I decide to do something else or quit playing.

New weapons; are they supposed to be like this? Most of them seem like they should hold at least twice as much ammo, if only to make up for the fact that you have to charge them to make them worth using. I'm supposed to use a gun that has to be charged and fired at least three times to kill a shielded enemy when a regular weapon could kill them in half that time with only a few more rounds? That doesn't seem right. And the swords don't do that much damage or have an exp to fill for a bonus, so why use them other than for fun? They are fun, but not that fun.

Volge Sieges; ok. It's nice to have something to do since arkfalls are sketchy, but less is less. Having a dozen Volge to kill is not as fun to me as a hundred infected. Dumping buckets of ammo into waves of Viscera gets dull after a while imo.

Chat system; are you kidding me? Hey, this important part of a multiplayer game's not working right, let's make it more complicated. That should help. Really? Now even typing isn't as easy.

Lollie
08-26-2013, 09:13 PM
The paid items in the DLC were what? Charge blades, castithan models (females look much better than male ones) arenas (lag central and no co-op) and a raptor with no turret and no way of using your own weapon to shoot things with. Drives like a diaper truck and is slower than a snail.

It wouldn't be so bad if the items that were in the DLC actually worked and were polished, I don't think anyone was expecting an expansion, but given the amount of time that was used to create this mess they should have at least came out with something polished.

This^

Feel like I've been ripped off. Came back, game is actually worse, the PAID DLC is minimal and pretty crappy, I can't even be bothered logging in.

Littleweasel
08-26-2013, 11:01 PM
free content 6/10
volge sieges and the dm arkfalls are cool

paid content 2/10
arena's suck, watching paint dry would give you more entertainment than the arenas
the raptor is the worse vehicle in the game
the extra content you get in the claim box are really only good for extra salvage

Okta
08-27-2013, 02:39 AM
unrateable / 10
after the time we wait for it it suppose to be a massive dlc content not few things they u complete after a day ...

anyway i hope next dlc will not contain auction house and option that will enable pvp and coop in arena only :D

Yenkin
08-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Finally had a chance to put some time into Defiance, at best I give it a 4/10.

I like the Seiges, I did particpate in a couple, when I can find them. spent two hours playing saturday and never saw one pop.

DM Arkfalls, the first one was fun because it was different, but after that, it really is back to who cares.

Arena, interesting concept, I was able to get silver in them all accept the last one, it seemed 2 - 3x harder then the others. Through I may have to play with my various perks and loadouts for that one. But all that for a green blade, by the time I got to the last arena I was well past the 250 needed for the blue blade. I may just hang in there until I get the 100K Script and get the purple.

Personally I think the arena would be a great either co-op or possibly team based PVP, not only do you have to watch for mobs, but the other team too, trying to compete for them.

All in all, the game is fun, I do enjoy it, but it is more a go to game when I don't have time to put into one of the other MMO like LOTRO. Even the new neverwinter nights offers some better variety, but is a bit to much of a money sink if you want some of the goodies.

Things to have made this a hgher rated DLC.

Fix the Chat window especially for PC users, really guys one line at a time.

Auction house - this is much needed, to help distribute what seems to be a real disparity in legendary type weapons. I am sorry I have played from day one and I have had one orange sheild that sucked wind. Yet I read about all these guys who pull orange weapons out of Tier 4 boxes all the time.

cheers

Ssdmiddleman
08-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Probably a 2/10 for the paid content and a 4/10 for the free content.

MistressLiliana
08-27-2013, 05:15 PM
I would say a 3 out of 10, I love Castithans and Charge Blades, but they didn't bother to design the Castithans well, heck they didn't even recolor armor to the more traditional white/grey palette appropriate to the race. I put off buying and playing Defiance until this DLC arrived specifically because of my love for Castithans so I am pretty disappointed.

ten4
08-27-2013, 05:31 PM
I would say a 3 out of 10, I love Castithans and Charge Blades, but they didn't bother to design the Castithans well, heck they didn't even recolor armor to the more traditional white/grey palette appropriate to the race. I put off buying and playing Defiance until this DLC arrived specifically because of my love for Castithans so I am pretty disappointed.

I spent a few hours last night making/comparing screen shots of a human and castithan alts trying to decided on a look before I used the DLC kit they provided; my conclusion is that both races, infact ALL of the females are the exact same model. Seriously, the only difference is with skin tone and hair options; this is essentially just a recolor job. Once clothed, there is zero difference between all three female races...ie. no height or weight changes at ALL. lol?

Bob Blunderbust
08-27-2013, 07:22 PM
I would rate the dlc as over 9000

Organlegger
08-27-2013, 09:27 PM
2/10 at best. I'll check back after DLC 3........ or 4.................... maybe.