PDA

View Full Version : Congrats on the DLC.......NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RandallFlagg
08-20-2013, 10:16 PM
I have no clue why you would place new content that is IMPOSSIBLE to complete unless you have a small army??? Thought it would be fun to try a dark matter arkfall. Since I was able to do any small arkfall solo I thought this was going to be great instead I get killed in a matter of seconds. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong so I went into cover style attacking and watch at least 5 other people come along and meet the same fate. I didn't even see the arkfall get below 50% before the time ran out. Not sure why you would even place content like this on the map.

Sadly I love this game since it was one of the few games a solo player with some skill could run around just have fun. Now that is no longer true.

JBoneFX
08-20-2013, 10:23 PM
you can solo a minor/major arkfall, its just hard to do

RandallFlagg
08-20-2013, 10:26 PM
post a video of you doing one of the new dark matter arkfalls solo this is something I simply do not believe

JBoneFX
08-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Was just stating it was possible, you wanna group up for arkfalls send me a tell in game, be happy to help

RandallFlagg
08-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Clearly you are not reading or just ignoring the point of my post. I don't want to be forced to group up to do open world content. I have no problem doing instances, MAJOR arkfalls, or even sieges with large groups.

TheSleepless
08-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Wow just wow..... your trying to play a MMO as a Single-player game. there the problem and if you didnt know what MMO stands for "Massively Multiplayer Online" .. so why in the gods names would you do ANYTHING Solo is beyond me . btw the small army you talking about is called a GROUP

Seriously this game is not meant to be play Solo , so try and group up and play a MMO like a MMO

Mike Farad
08-21-2013, 12:22 AM
me and another person just did it just now. it helps that you guard your teammates back,..

Sanguinesun
08-21-2013, 12:29 AM
Clearly you are not reading or just ignoring the point of my post. I don't want to be forced to group up to do open world content. I have no problem doing instances, MAJOR arkfalls, or even sieges with large groups.

Arkfalls are group content. Sorry to burst your epistemic bubble. You're either going to need to come to terms with that or just be that little engine that could otherwise. :P

You can also always hope in some future time frame they'll make it easier either by reduction of difficulty or more powerful weapons/skills.

However, you could also already argue that at the very least with the minors, you can do it on your own if you're smart, skilled, geared, etc. Look, we get your angst but there is nothing that will be done otherwise for the time being.

twitch reflex
08-21-2013, 01:12 AM
Please ignore this troll. Don't respond just ignore this thread. Complaining about the difficulty of one of the easiest games is just getting old.

Tekrunner
08-21-2013, 01:17 AM
post a video of you doing one of the new dark matter arkfalls solo this is something I simply do not believe

Okay so that was not me, but this should still count:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-MF6wncKug

SpaceFrog
08-21-2013, 02:07 AM

I solo'd the dark matter arkfall without trying that hard.

Had a ground pounder, cluster grenade and a submachine gun with high crit which I'm just trying to level up. Softened them up with grenades, and finished them off with the subby if the grens didn't kill 'em.

Can't remember what perks exactly, but preparedness is in there, so I'm always shooting.

Tyger
08-21-2013, 04:59 AM

"I don't want to group up in an MMO."

There's yer' problem chief. You're playin' the wrong kinda' game.

Strontium Dog
08-21-2013, 06:15 AM
Wow just wow..... your trying to play a MMO as a Single-player game. there the problem and if you didnt know what MMO stands for "Massively Multiplayer Online" .. so why in the gods names would you do ANYTHING Solo is beyond me . btw the small army you talking about is called a GROUP

Seriously this game is not meant to be play Solo , so try and group up and play a MMO like a MMO

Im afraid YOU are the one who doesnt understand these games /sigh.

MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online.
Not MUST Meetup Online.

There is a difference. Even in army a single sniper can work and move within a team without holding hands together.As such.

Theres no rule in MMOs that stipulate you MUST group up. People Can and DO solo quite happily in most of them ,Defiance being one of them (easily). ..until they changed somethings and expected people to adapt while they wont.

In fact in recent years developers have realised many dont have time to spend meeting and grouping up (especially when the chat system is so terrible, a point you could do well to remember) and just want to play for an hour solo, hence companions and solo instances etc.

Why is it those who cant play solo and must group up to be any good , always have to berate and complain about soloers while I have yet to see the opposite ie soloer complaining about a group player?

PseudoCool
08-21-2013, 07:04 AM
Oh.. My.. Word..

Dude.. doing a MINOR arkfall.. SOLO.. of any type is relatively easy. Just don't stop moving, and don't stop shooting.

Like yourself, even though I'm in a clan filled with people I enjoy playing with, there are just some days where I want to go on a solo-fragfest and work out some frustrations. Seems to be more of those days when I visit these forums, but that's neither here nor there.

A minor arkfall IS soloable.. and the Dark Matter ones are MEANT TO BE TOUGHER. I'm sorry that Defiance is no longer "easy mode" for you.. time to step it up and get with the program bub :)

RandallFlagg
08-22-2013, 07:41 AM
ok for one I was not trolling was just pissed that they took something that I liked to do and messed with it. As for the dark matter MINOR arkfall that has the ego boost stations I have yet to see someone do one solo they still are a ***** to do even with a large group. The ones that I have been at forced me to do nothing but boost and stop them from getting the boost plus having to rez multiple players.

Someday I would love to see people post things after they read what someone else has posted, I made it pretty clear that I have no issue with grouping up for instances, sieges and MAJOR arkfalls.

Since my favorite part of the game is ark hunting it really sucks that if ones of these pop that now I have to wait til it times out and hope another doesn't appear.